30 for 30: Breakaway (Maya Moore's story) | The Boneyard

30 for 30: Breakaway (Maya Moore's story)

Reaction Score
Did anyone else see the 30 for 30 episode last night about Maya Moore and Jonathan Irons?! It was so good, she is such an inspiration and brings so much goodness to this world! Everything she does comes from the heart. <3

Reaction Score
It's also a testament to her family upbringing. How connected her family are really stood out to me. The impact it's having on the scale that it is, is so valuable.

When Jonathan said he'd go through everything again if it meant he'd be married to Maya. Man...................that got me.

Reaction Score
It's also a testament to her family upbringing. How connected her family are really stood out to me. The impact it's having on the scale that it is, is so valuable.

When Jonathan said he'd go through everything again if it meant he'd be married to Maya. Man...................that got me.
She is, without a doubt, one of a kind. Love you Maya.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Excellent documentary.

Maya is the full package. The personification of grace, humility, dignity, purposefulness. The kind of person that makes everyone around her better.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Beautifully done.

Leaving Reggie at the hotel reminded me of the time the UConn team once left a restaurant without Maya. It was a road game against Louisville and the team ate dinner at a local restaurant the night before the game. They met Muhammad Ali at the restaurant and Maya was still talking to him when the team bus left to head back to the hotel -- without Maya. The team had quite a laugh about leaving their best player behind. A NY Times reported described her this way:

Moore is 150-3 in her brilliant UConn career. Yet her natural introspection does not make her a conventional leader. She can be so unassuming that the team forgot her when leaving a restaurant last season in Louisville.

She hasn't changed.

Reaction Score
Beautifully done.

Leaving Reggie at the hotel reminded me of the time the UConn team once left a restaurant without Maya. It was a road game against Louisville and the team ate dinner at a local restaurant the night before the game. They met Muhammad Ali at the restaurant and Maya was still talking to him when the team bus left to head back to the hotel -- without Maya. The team had quite a laugh about leaving their best player behind. A NY Times reported described her this way:

Moore is 150-3 in her brilliant UConn career. Yet her natural introspection does not make her a conventional leader. She can be so unassuming that the team forgot her when leaving a restaurant last season in Louisville.

She hasn't changed.
Omigosh, I never heard that story about her! That is crazy! Thank you for sharing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom