30,000+ tix have been sold for UConn's football home games against Louisville & Rutger | Page 2 | The Boneyard

30,000+ tix have been sold for UConn's football home games against Louisville & Rutger

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your optimism amazes me. U should change your name to walter11
You call yourself a husky fan u have them doomed from the start

I'm sorry. I'm haven't spent the last 7 games in a coma.

It's 8:42 and 34 degrees in Eastern Connecticut. If you think people are going to be there in the second half cheering... yikes.

UCF was nice enough not to hang 80. Louisville might not be so nice.

Reaction Score
Not that I disagree, but....
On the ESPN mobile app, on the CFB scoreboard, when you click to get a league, the AAC is no longer the first league shown. It is now ACC followed by "American". So, if you are tin foil hat wearing believer, this is further proof of the conspiracy.

I'm sure they'll be switching ACC to Atlantic and dropping them back where they belong. Just an oversight.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and I'm sure ESPiN would love nothing more than to pan around our empty stadium in the second half to make their witty comments. Late arrivals too if people hang out in the parking lot to watch/listen to the end of the basketball game.

This is a conspiracy that exists in people's heads.

The marriage of ESPN and the ACC speaks for itself. That ESPN allowed UConn to be left behind is all we need to know about ESPN.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry. I'm haven't spent the last 7 games in a coma.

It's 8:42 and 34 degrees in Eastern Connecticut. If you think people are going to be there in the second half cheering... yikes.

UCF was nice enough not to hang 80. Louisville might not be so nice.
I can give you three or four points where we can do better vs louisville than ucf but u wouldn't believe them

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can give you three or four points where we can do better vs louisville than ucf but u wouldn't believe them

LOL. UCF could have won that game 80-10 if they so chose.

Is one of your reasons they will play better only because it's impossible to play worse?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The marriage of ESPN and the ACC speaks for itself. That ESPN allowed UConn to be left behind is all we need to know about ESPN.

Oh good another ESPN truther who thinks they make the conference moves. Awesome - we don't have enough of them.

Reaction Score
Oh good another ESPN truther who thinks they make the conference moves. Awesome - we don't have enough of them.

Guess that makes the great Gene "ESPN told us what to do" DeFilippo a truther, too.

They didn't pull all the strings but they weren't innocent bystanders sitting by with their hands folded, either.

Reaction Score
Why are RU fans coming in full force all of a sudden this year? Don't they want their coach fired?

Reaction Score
Let's just say this, if there isn't an ESPiN conspiracy going on, there is a TREMENDOUS amount of quotes, comments, actions, inactions, and content that is making it very hard to prove otherwise. It may all be in our heads, sure, but I also think there are a fair amount of Fruit grads employed there that are mighty happy to kick UCONN while it's down.
"Just because we're paranoid it doesn't mean their not out to get us."
I think someone in the ACC complained to their Daddy's at ESPN.
and lo and behold the AAC becomes the American. Shades of George Orwell's newspeak .The American actually may turn out to be a more substanial name than the meaningless AAC.
All in all a temptest in a teapot.

Reaction Score
Not that I disagree, but....
On the ESPN mobile app, on the CFB scoreboard, when you click to get a league, the AAC is no longer the first league shown. It is now ACC followed by "American". So, if you are tin foil hat wearing believer, this is further proof of the conspiracy.
You can bet thats not a "coincidence"!!

Reaction Score
Why are RU fans coming in full force all of a sudden this year? Don't they want their coach fired?
I would hope its to show their support and see a good game!Whether most will admit it or not we've had a pretty good and evenly played series together and I for 1 won't enjoy a season w/o UConn on the schedule.They don't have to love ya but believe me they respect you !!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honestly you guys are insane.

The league has begged people to call them the American. ESPN does it and it's some frigging conspiracy around alphabetical order.

Oooh the league would be so much better off if it was just rightfully in it's correct alphabetical slot.

I bet it's ESPN's fault only 4 teams are going to be bowl eligible. They own the bowls. They kept Temple, UConn, Memphis and South Florida from winning 6 games combined!

Reaction Score
LOL. UCF could have won that game 80-10 if they so chose.

Is one of your reasons they will play better only because it's impossible to play worse?
Yes we were probably saved because of fear of bullying. Oleary was nive enough to put in his bench which we could do nothing against

Here is why we have a chance

Louiseville uses a pro style system vs spread. We play better vs teams thy are pro style. We are terrible vs spread passing teams(w michigan)

We are at home.

Louisville defense is suspect in second half

It is going to be cold. Ever try to catch a cold football. Bridgewater wont have the day everyone thinks

Last. As bad as we look we may be starting to turn the corner on offense.

The only way this game gets ugly and there is a chance it can. Is if the team has given up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes home field has proven to be big for UConn the last three years. When not losing to Towson, Iowa State, Western Michigan, South Florida, Temple... so on and so forth.

Reaction Score
Yes we were probably saved because of fear of bullying. Oleary was nive enough to put in his bench which we could do nothing against

Here is why we have a chance

Louiseville uses a pro style system vs spread. We play better vs teams thy are pro style. We are terrible vs spread passing teams(w michigan)

We are at home.

Louisville defense is suspect in second half

It is going to be cold. Ever try to catch a cold football. Bridgewater wont have the day everyone thinks

Last. As bad as we look we may be starting to turn the corner on offense.

The only way this game gets ugly and there is a chance it can. Is if the team has given up.

UConn has zero pass rush. They have had zero luck in replacing the productivity of Trevardo Williams and Sio Moore in the pass rush. Those two guys were in Bridgewater's face all game long last year. Tell me how were going to do that again, and I'm with you.

Reaction Score

You may want to take a look at that Louisville vs Rutgers game to end the season last year. The cold doesn't seem to bother Teddy or the receivers. 28 of 39 passing w/1 interception and threw for 322 yds......injured btw with a broken wrist and sore ankle.

Reaction Score
You may want to take a look at that Louisville vs Rutgers game to end the season last year. The cold doesn't seem to bother Teddy or the receivers. 28 of 39 passing w/1 interception and threw for 322 yds......injured btw with a broken wrist and sore ankle.
And 3 or 4 of the DB's he was throwing against are playing on Sundays this season!!Pretty amazing feat!Logan Ryan,Duron Harmon and Marcus Cooper off the top of my head? Talented DB's are hard to find.The trick is not to leave him any time !!

Reaction Score
My point was it can be closer than people think. I would be surprised if we won. Most of our issues are really with the offense anyway. The defense can be servicable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom