3 THOUGHTS ? | The Boneyard

3 THOUGHTS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) Geno looks more " tranquil " than I 've ever seen him on the bench right now !

2) Kiah Nurse has all but dissappeared in the last week or so. Psychologically, it has to be difficult , as a freshman , to be playing this time of year w/ 4 all-american caliber players. I'm hoping that the break before ncaa's give coaching staff time to get her back , mentally. I don't think this is a physical issue. She seems to be moving fine ?

3) What coach would actually pick any other player over Stewie right now ?

Reaction Score
1) Calm before the storm

2) Freshman wall...it happens. I agree she hasn't looked the same over the past 5-6 games

3) Not sure there aren't several coaches who wouldn't take MoJeff/MoJett over anyone in the country right now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
3) Not sure there aren't several coaches who wouldn't take MoJeff/MoJett over anyone in the country right now.
As good as she's playing (and she playing really, really well), she's not 6-4 and no coach in their right mind would take her over Stewart.

Might take her second though. :cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
1) Grandfather twice over.

2) Needs to rebuild and get restored for a week and a half before the Tourney begins and get pumped again. Not uncommon for UConn freshmen at the end of the long "first season" before they go into March's "second season."

3) Coach with death wish for future career.

Reaction Score
1) Calm before the storm

2) Freshman wall...it happens. I agree she hasn't looked the same over the past 5-6 games

#2, Freshman wall. It hits different players at different times.

Reaction Score
Don't forget that she trained and played for Canada all summer, so she has not had any real break -- Stewie as well, but Stewie is a junior, not a freshman.

Reaction Score
Disagree (to a degree) that Nurse is experiencing the freshman wall. Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, and KML are all playing like All-Americans right now and Nurse's offensive role has been de-emphasized accordingly. Offensive guard play has definitely shifted because Jefferson is simply on fire.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Don't forget that Nurse tweaked an ankle the night before against ECU. It may have impacted her more than the team is letting on. Glad they have a nice long break now.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The offense is running like a clock. 4 starters avg 16-23 pts per game. Then we have to give Gabby just enough minutes for her to get her double-doubles. Kia has been a lock down defender. Kelly Farris didn't score a lot almost ever- and we did pretty good with her. And I think notes above are all valid- fatigue and the ankle, etc...
I don't think anyone should be losing sleep! Relax and enjoy it. I know I am.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Her athleticism is Maya like. Not her shooting. But she takes your breathe away- her hands are world class. Rebounds stick like pine tar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom