3 teams on UConn's schedule on TV Tues. | The Boneyard

3 teams on UConn's schedule on TV Tues.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Three teams that are on UConn's schedule this season are on ESPN+ tonight. All games begin at 7:00 pm. est

This is the first opportunity to get our first look of the season at these teams. There are others, but these are our out of conference rivals.

New Hampshire @ BAYLOR

TENNESSEE @ E. Tennessee State

NOTRE DAME @ Fordham

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is it me or more and more games are going to ESPN+?

No. It's not you. Since ESPN+ is a subscription only channel, they put more of their programming there to get us to pony up our cash if we want to continue to watch these games that we use to get for free. ESPN lost a lot of revenue the last few years. ESPN+ along with not renewing the contracts of some long time "high salaried" on-camera employees are ways to stop the bleeding so to speak. They lost a lot of subscribers over the last few years. Still gotta pay the bills though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. It's not you. Since ESPN+ is a subscription only channel, they put more of their programming there to get us to pony up our cash if we want to continue to watch these games that we use to get for free. ESPN lost a lot of revenue the last few years. ESPN+ along with not renewing the contracts of some long time on-camera employees are ways to stop the bleeding so to speak. They lost a lot of subscribers over the last few years.

And they got rid of a lot of support staff, like those who post running box scores and those who manage the ESPN3 listings.

Reaction Score
Is it me or more and more games are going to ESPN+?

That is the EXACT reason UConn opted out of the AAC! ESPN invested a ton of money in conference rights and the best way for them to recoup that is via a $5/month subscription. Get used to it though, cable and satellite companies will be dinosaurs in 10 years, EVERYTHING is moving to streaming! Why pay a middleman(cable/satellite) when you can get the content much cheaper straight from the source?

Reaction Score
If you like to watch sports, for $4.99/ month or $50 a year, ESPN+ is not a bad deal.

How's the quality of service these days? I tried it when it first came out and it was my worst streaming experience ever.

Reaction Score
How's the quality of service these days? I tried it when it first came out and it was my worst streaming experience ever.
Quality is as good as you watch the streaming ESPN show.
If you don't like you can cancel anytime. I only subscribe from November to April.

Reaction Score
Depends on your internet, I have 400mbps service and the streams are crystal clear HD.

Reaction Score
No. It's not you. Since ESPN+ is a subscription only channel, they put more of their programming there to get us to pony up our cash if we want to continue to watch these games that we use to get for free. ESPN lost a lot of revenue the last few years. ESPN+ along with not renewing the contracts of some long time on-camera employees are ways to stop the bleeding so to speak. They lost a lot of subscribers over the last few years.
It's the way of the world. Change! We viewer s have been rudely awakened to reality. It costs money to put on College games and some one must pay, us. I'm happy I can get the womens games out here in rural Virginia and the quality of the pictures is better than it has ever been, new tv, internet, etc. I'll grumble over the "added" fee because ESPN is part of my Sat TV package but reality says it's so much better than old CPTV (picture that is) when I had tapes of each game mailed to me from Ct.

Reaction Score
Works great for me. I have 300MB download and never get any buffering. My TV provider is YouTubeTV and I love it!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Considering all the conferences that ESPN now controls, the $4.99 per month is a pittance to what you would pay Sling TV Orange/Blue at $25 or $35 per month to get the PAC12.
I will be signing up tonight for this pretty inexpensive package. My quibble with ESPN is I can’t cast the event from my phone to a TV via the apple hdmi converter. I have to watch the games on my laptop or iPad.

Reaction Score
Considering all the conferences that ESPN now controls, the $4.99 per month is a pittance to what you would pay Sling TV Orange/Blue at $25 or $35 per month to get the PAC12.
I will be signing up tonight for this pretty inexpensive package. My quibble with ESPN is I can’t cast the event from my phone to a TV via the apple hdmi converter. I have to watch the games on my laptop or iPad.

If you have a ROKU or other streaming devices connected to your TV...or if your TV is one of them Smart ones with apps, you can install the ESPN app which will include the ESPN+ (if you have an account) along with your ESPN channels (you still need a TV provider to login though. I have a ROKU, YouTube TV and also ESPN+. With ROKU the ESPN app I can watch all ESPN channels and the ESPN+ from within this app.

Reaction Score
If you have a ROKU or other streaming devices connected to your TV...or if your TV is one of them Smart ones with apps, you can install the ESPN app which will include the ESPN+ (if you have an account) along with your ESPN channels (you still need a TV provider to login though. I have a ROKU, YouTube TV and also ESPN+. With ROKU the ESPN app I can watch all ESPN channels and the ESPN+ from within this app.
Me too.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think more & more games are available to watch now. Would you expect to see Baylor vs. New Hampshire or Tennessee vs. E. Tennessee State on free TV - ever?
Would you want to? I'm fine with the highlights and recaps of those dog and pony shows.

Reaction Score
That’s what I do too, but I’ve casted ESPN3 with Chromecast no problemo.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thanks, I think I an getting the Sling Orange package to watch the PAC12 to converse with our Esteemed West Coast friends and if I prepay2 months, I get Roku for free so I can try what you said! Won’t help tonight but it is a great suggestion!
thanks

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
As far as tennessee lady vols go, the etsu game tonight is the only lady vol game on espn+ for this season..the rest will be other formats like secn+, which requires a subscription to the sec network

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Speaking of games today, KJH’s former team, MO St stuns 23rd ranked MN on the road today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom