3 point shooting since Polley went down | The Boneyard

3 point shooting since Polley went down

Reaction Score
Polley hasn't played in the last 3 games. Before he went down the team was 107-313 from three for 34%. Polley himself was 30-74 for 40.5%.

In the last 3 games the Huskies are 12-50 for 24%. 6-19 against WSU, 2-15 against Villanova, and 4-16 at Houston. That is truly horrid. I know 3 games is a relatively small sample size. And the last 3 games have been against ranked teams, although someone on here, and Ken Pomeroy, said 3 point shooting is completely random so we'll discount the fact that these games were against better teams. Their defense supposedly had nothing to do with UConn's poor shooting.

If they shot at least 34% from three in each of those 3 games they probably win all of them. Yeah, I know, you could point to a million different things they could have done better and they would have won all three!

They just have to shoot better from three. And they will. No way 24% can continue.

Reaction Score
Polley was our best 3 point shooter, but he also showed what he was capable of in the Tulane game when he had 19 points and 11 rebounds which was his best game as a Husky. Maybe he figured it out that game, then I think we really miss the player he was becoming. It looked like he realized that he is 6'9" and taller than almost everyone on the court and he could contribute more than he had previously.

Reaction Score
Without shooting, we need to be in the 20's in fast break points and give ourselves some easy baskets.

We aren't going to win going into a half court battle with most of these teams.

Reaction Score
Polley hasn't played in the last 3 games. Before he went down the team was 107-313 from three for 34%. Polley himself was 30-74 for 40.5%.

In the last 3 games the Huskies are 12-50 for 24%. 6-19 against WSU, 2-15 against Villanova, and 4-16 at Houston. That is truly horrid. I know 3 games is a relatively small sample size. And the last 3 games have been against ranked teams, although someone on here, and Ken Pomeroy, said 3 point shooting is completely random so we'll discount the fact that these games were against better teams. Their defense supposedly had nothing to do with UConn's poor shooting.

If they shot at least 34% from three in each of those 3 games they probably win all of them. Yeah, I know, you could point to a million different things they could have done better and they would have won all three!

They just have to shoot better from three. And they will. No way 24% can continue.
3pt shooting
Your preaching to the choir
This is a problem Bouknight needs to be in the 35-40% and Akok 30-35% range and this team takes off.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Just make free throws

Reaction Score

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but yes it can continue but maybe at 30%. That alone would not sink the team but then there are bonehead plays and turnovers.....foul shooting.....

Reaction Score
The double dagger is ho hum 3 pt shooting and bad ft shooting. It's tough to win consistently with these two strikes.

Reaction Score
The double dagger is ho hum 3 pt shooting and bad ft shooting. It's tough to win consistently with these two strikes.
When you dig deep into the box scores, that pretty says it all. Just look at the Wichita St game, we missed 13 free throws in a three point loss. The other night at Houston, we missed 8 free throws in a four point loss. Even the Indiana game still bothers me because we lost by 3, but we missed four free throws. That was the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but yes it can continue but maybe at 30%. That alone would not sink the team but then there are bonehead plays and turnovers.....foul shooting.....
30% > 24% = Better but < Good

Reaction Score
When you dig deep into the box scores, that pretty says it all. Just look at the Wichita St game, we missed 13 free throws in a three point loss. The other night at Houston, we missed 8 free throws in a four point loss. Even the Indiana game still bothers me because we lost by 3, but we missed four free throws. That was the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
I'll update this after every game to see if they improve. Yesterday's 9-33 did not help much (sad to think that their percentage actually went up a little after 9-33!).

Before Polley went down: 107-313 from three for 34%
4 games since: 20-83 from three for 24% *

I posted up above that in the Wichita State game they were 6-19 but they were actually 5-19. So it was 22% (11-50) in the first 3 games after Polley got injured.

24% for the season would put them dead last in D1 three point shooting percentage. Like 350 out of 350 teams! Which is why I don't think it will stay this bad for much longer. They're not this bad.

Just for comparison purposes, the 34% before Polley went out would put them at 136 today. So not great, but not terrible either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom