3-headed monster; 12 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block. | The Boneyard

3-headed monster; 12 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like much but compared to the early season this is a real contribution. This number would be just fine. But the monster has shown it is capable of much more. Definitely trending in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Not bad at all considering all the foul trouble Brimah and Nolan were in. This is a completely different team when we get contributions from the big guys

Reaction Score
Memphis's two headed monster put up 17-5-1, and we more than held our own in the frontcourt when you factor in daniels and their freshman nichols:
UConn: 35-19-4
Memphis: 30-10-3

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
They are have and will continue to contribute this season, but give Nolan and Amida another year of playing. Wow.

The telecast pointed it out, but on that beautiful Napier assist for a Phil dunk, Phil completely sealed off his defender but putting his back into him. Great pass bazz, great play Phil.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The key for this team's success going forward is for that box score to be the floor, not the ceiling.

If UConn gets at least those numbers every game, it's a very good sign.

Reaction Score
I think the key to this team is for those guys to be good enough scorers that you have to respect them and to rebound. They don't have to be Wilt Chamberlain. They just need to make the opponent pay attention. That opens the floor for the real scorers to do what they need to do.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Imagine what this front court can look like in two years when PN is a senior, AB and Facey are juniors, and Rock a soph.

Reaction Score
Imagine what this front court can look like in two years when PN is a senior, AB and Facey are juniors, and Rock a soph.
Let's hope we don't close the door on recruiting front court players...Nolan and Brimah are what they are. Brimah isn't dominant and I'm not convinced yet that he will be. He is somewhat "small" for a big guy...215 rather than 250 so he gets pushed around some. That's different from a Thabeet who was 35-40 pounds heavier as a freshman. Nolan is a similar type of player I think. Not sure how anyone can think much about Facey who barely gets off the bench on a team that needs front court help. to me these guys all look like players who might develop into steady front court players, but not dominant ones. Facey is totally in the who knows category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom