3.4.16 Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3.4.16 Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

First team as the last 4 in. Playing Oregon State.

Cincy last team as not in the last 4 in. How they moved ahead us by losing to Houston I have no idea.

Tulsa 2nd team out.

Temple an 11.

I know 90% of the board has quit on this team and this season, good riddance, I will never quit on the team and will keep believing we can do something special until the final buzzer sounds to end the year. Is that delusional? Maybe. But I love UConn.
You are the best fan.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My feeling is UConn needs to beat UCF and win at least get to the semi finals to get into the NCAA tourney

Reaction Score
I'm surprisingly feeling good. Destiny is still in UConn's hands. If they beat UCF and then get their first victories over Cincinnati and Temple of the season (who they are competing against for a spot) I don't see how they would be kept out of the NCAA Tournament.

Even a UCF win and a win over Cincy would probably be enough as well but I would guess that would keep us in the play in round.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't feel comfortable going into Selection Sunday with an RPI over 50, especially with the AAC yet again unrepresented on the Committee.

Before the Houston game I said it would take 3 more wins to be safe. I think it's still true. Need UCF + make the AACT finals. AACT semis and we're probably in a play-in game. Lose in the first round, palms will be very sweaty next Sunday.

Reaction Score
Our path to the tourney is very simple. Beat UCF tomorrow, and win our first AAC tourney game which will be Cincy/Tulsa giving another quality top 50 RPI. The 4/5 is an NCAA tourney eliminator for the loser. A victory would give us 4 top 50 RPI (2 of which are top 25) wins, 7 top 100 wins (possibly 8 if Georgetown climbs back in from 106), eliminates another bubble contender, and leaves us sitting at 22-10 (12-7). Pretty much dead on for one of the last 4 in spots assuming we lose the next game.

This pathway only fails if there are 1 or 2 bid stealers or one of the teams below us (Gonzaga, Ohio State, LSU, etc) makes a deep run. The bubble is the softest it's been in years. A trip to the AAC final locks up a bid.

Regardless, it feels good to have destiny in our hands. If we lose the 4/5 we don't deserve a bid. Looking forward to seeing how the team responds with their backs to the wall in that 4/5 game.

Reaction Score
If we get in no one is going to want to play us...we are a double digit seed that can actually do some damage
this team is a bunch of puckerers. They're not scaring anyone until they show some fight.

Reaction Score
Our path to the tourney is very simple. Beat UCF tomorrow, and win our first AAC tourney game which will be Cincy/Tulsa giving another quality top 50 RPI. The 4/5 is an NCAA tourney eliminator for the loser. A victory would give us 4 top 50 RPI (2 of which are top 25) wins, 7 top 100 wins (possibly 8 if Georgetown climbs back in from 106), eliminates another bubble contender, and leaves us sitting at 22-10 (12-7). Pretty much dead on for one of the last 4 in spots assuming we lose the next game.

This pathway only fails if there are 1 or 2 bid stealers or one of the teams below us (Gonzaga, Ohio State, LSU, etc) makes a deep run. The bubble is the softest it's been in years. A trip to the AAC final locks up a bid.

Regardless, it feels good to have destiny in our hands. If we lose the 4/5 we don't deserve a bid. Looking forward to seeing how the team responds with their backs to the wall in that 4/5 game.

I wish I shared your optimism. Even in our wins against Cincinnati the games are always close, and I don't trust this team at all in close games.

Reaction Score
USA Today has us in as an 11 but with a bye, so no play-in: http://usat.ly/1p8IHxX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom