3/11/1994 - UConn vs. St. John’s w/ Donyell Marshall commentary | The Boneyard

3/11/1994 - UConn vs. St. John’s w/ Donyell Marshall commentary

Reaction Score
I think he was 20 for 20 from the foul line in that St Johns game. Watched it in a bar in Fort Myers during Red Sox spring training.

Reaction Score
I think he was 20 for 20 from the foul line in that St Johns game. Watched it in a bar in Fort Myers during Red Sox spring training.
And to think two weeks later he couldn't make 1 of 2......still one of the all-time disappointing moments in Husky history. Our bitch, BCU, was all that stood between us and our first Final Four if he just made one of those two.

Reaction Score
And to think two weeks later he couldn't make 1 of 2......still one of the all-time disappointing moments in Husky history. Our bitch, BCU, was all that stood between us and our first Final Four if he just made one of those two.

You know what maybe it was fate as who knows if it would be 5 now or less as recruiting would've changed and pilayers may have been different. All good

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Damnit. I was totally going for the "he choked when it mattered" response. Well played.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You know what maybe it was faith as who knows if it would be 5 now or less as recruiting would've changed and players may have been different. All good
* fate
;)

Reaction Score
You know what maybe it was faith as who knows if it would be 5 now or less as recruiting would've changed and players may have been different. All good
In retrospect, you are right, I wouldn't change a thing. But at the time........god, that was a killer!!

Reaction Score
In retrospect, you are right, I wouldn't change a thing. But at the time........god, that was a killer!!

It was probably the most shocking UConn moment in my fandom. There was zero thought in my mind that he wouldn't hit a free throw. It was more shocking than George Mason, losing to Yale, or anything else I can think of. Still remember it like it was yesterday and I was only 14 or so.

Reaction Score
I had the great fortune of being stuck on a delayed spring break flight and missing that game. I think I only watched the highlights once and I refuse to ever see it again. It is as if that sort of never happened in my mind and for those who watched it, it is etched in your memory.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I swear I spelled it correctly and iMac once again tried to make me look dumber than I actually am. But thanks
Dude, my current phone is my arch nemesis on that front. I feel your pain.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I had the great fortune of being stuck on a delayed spring break flight and missing that game. I think I only watched the highlights once and I refuse to ever see it again. It is as if that sort of never happened in my mind and for those who watched it, it is etched in your memory.
God, it is etched. If I couldn't be there live I always preferred to watch big games like that alone at home, or with a small group of friends. But I had just moved to Fairfield County and I watched that one at Bobby V's in Stamford. Never watched another game there. Did go for happy hour one or two (or a hundred) times, though.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Great stuff!

Would love one of these with Chris Smith. Insight on his decision to stay home to play at UConn and become a cornerstone that holds the weight of 4 NCAA Championships.

While focusing on January 27th, 1990. In my opinion, where it all started to seem like it was possible. So electric that night.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom