2nd favorite | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2nd favorite

Reaction Score
Well as I've said before, I am not one of the Tenn haters on this board. Everyone connected with that phase of basketball on the Tenn side is gone. The only ones left around Rocky Top are a bunch of misinformed fans on the UT side that want to perpetuate it. Those hateful days are gone for me. I wish all of the current UT players well, though not against UConn. As for the team I'm indifferent. I just thought it was funny that you, such a UConn fan, would post such a like knowing there are still so many on this side of the Mason Dixon that are holding on to something that's deader than a scab.
I never hated them and they still are the 2nd best program in WCBB! I loved Holdsclaw! She was in my Top 5 of players with the 3 UConn icons and Parker! Even when I played. I never hate the other team. I just wanted to kick their butts on the court lol! Thank You JordyG!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I never hated them and they still are the 2nd best program in WCBB! I loved Holdsclaw! She was in my Top 5 of players with the 3 UConn icons and Parker! Even when I played. I never hate the other team. I just wanted to kick their butts on the court lol! Thank You JordyG!
For me it was always easy to compartmentalize. I hated what Summitt said and did. I never hated her as a coach or a person. I hated what some of those crazy fans said; still say. I couldn't hate them as people because I didn't know them, although some came thisclose. I never hated the players because I love ballers and I love effort. Who could hate Holdsclaw? I still say Parker is one of the top 5 or 6 forwards I've ever seen. When UConn plays UT I too want to kick their behinds up to their eyebrows. I want to kick every team's butt beyond their hairdo's. Honestly, the only thing I really hate is the color orange. Yuk.

Reaction Score
For me it was always easy to compartmentalize. I hated what Summitt said and did. I never hated her as a coach or a person. I hated what some of those crazy fans said; still say. I couldn't hate them as people because I didn't know them, although some came thisclose. I never hated the players because I love ballers and I love effort. Who could hate Holdsclaw? I still say Parker is one of the top 5 or 6 forwards I've ever seen. When UConn plays UT I too want to kick their behinds up to their eyebrows. I want to kick every team's butt beyond their hairdo's. Honestly, the only thing I really hate is the color orange. Yuk.
That is the ugliest orange lol. I like the baby blue uniforms they use once in a while. I miss the passion of the games. I haven't seen it since. I mean there are great rivals now but not like the first 22 games of the series between Uconn and Tenn.

Reaction Score
Given how ardently I've rooted for Connecticut, it's really hard to imagine. But if I try, I'd root for an underdog. So Princeton and their UConn alumna coach. I'd like to see them break out.

I'm always partial to the way UConn plays basketball, which reminds me so much of the greatest Dean Smith teams at North Carolina. It is difficult for me to admit, but when they're "on," the team that most plays like Coach Geno-coached teams is Notre Dame. I have an antipathy to MM. But her teams play a fine game of basketball.

Were there no UConn, I think it would be very interesting to follow Oregon. They've come out of nowhere to produce three of the top eight players selected in the WNBA draft. That's reminiscent of the great teams at UConn that included Sue Bird and others. I would like to see how they follow the Ionesco Era. Now they've recruited about half a dozen kids, all of whom are the best in their respective states. It will be interesting to see if they have established themselves on the top rung of WCBB.

There are the two great recruiter teams: Baylor and South Carolina. But I'm not all that enamored of their style of play. They manage to attract great raw talent, especially dominating bigs, and their coaches apply that talent effectively to win games. But they do not play with the panache, the aesthetic pleasure of Geno Auriemma teams. Just mostly raw power.

But I'll stick with Connecticut...

JordyG

Reaction Score
That is the ugliest orange lol. I like the baby blue uniforms they use once in a while. I miss the passion of the games. I haven't seen it since. I mean there are great rivals now but not like the first 22 games of the series between Uconn and Tenn.
What is really offensive about their uni's is the orange trimmed with powder blue. It's like an insult to all blues, my favorite color.

I too miss the passion of the games. It would really be great from my view if UT became great again and Kellie said something real nasty about Geno and all UConn fans.

Reaction Score
I know and understand our love for UConn, but just thinking out loud. Which team would you pick as your fav if and only if our Huskies did not exist?
A great question. I'd have to say the UMaine Black Bears. As a resident of Maine I follow them closely during the season. They play a strong OOC schedule and have a good mix of international and Maine players. Their coach Amy Vachon did a remarkable job this year leading them to a spot in the conference final in spite of several crippling injuries.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
And now you know why he was known as a Trumpeter and a very successful recording company owner and executive. He and his partner Jerry Moss received $500M for the sale of A&M Records and an additional $200M from a subsequent lawsuit. They promptly started another very successful recording company.

Reaction Score
Colorado, I am an alum. 90% of wbb college games I watch involve UConn or Colorado. Still regret the two didn’t meet in 1995 NCAA tourney. Georgia upset Colorado as Buffs blew big lead.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
3 Dukies here. Do I see four?

Reading all the banter about Duke; as a fan of both the UConn Men's and Women's team, the standout memory is of Rod Sellers bouncing Christian Laettner's head on the court like it was a basketball. That was fun.
And my daughter is a Wake Forest Alum.
So I learned to despise all those pale washed out blue colored teams. National Flag Blue for me.
To repeat what I have often heard: GO DEACS! DUKE SUCKS!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Reading all the banter about Duke; as a fan of both the UConn Men's and Women's team, the standout memory is of Rod Sellers bouncing Christian Laettner's head on the court like it was a basketball. That was fun.
So I learned to despise all those pale washed out blue colored teams. National Flag Blue for me.
You stink, Mr. Stinky.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I aint trying to get banned from this site during a global pandemic...... so I'll just leave this instead

oh ok.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom