2K Sports Bracket Confirmed | The Boneyard

2K Sports Bracket Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love the piece on Shabazz. Redemption awaits is correct. Can't wait for the season to start.

Reaction Score
The biggest question mark -- the player UConn fans are most anxious to see, if the Internet can be believed (and obviously it can) -- is Daniels.

So Brennan reads the Boneyard?

Looks like the consensus is that UConn will win this. Even Goodman has them winning it!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty anxious to see Calhoun make a big leap

I agree. Watching last year I figured Calhoun was a good basketball player if not a great athlete. Denham Brownish. I was fine with that, but if his surgery makes him more explosive he could really take a big step.

Reaction Score
I agree. Watching last year I figured Calhoun was a good basketball player if not a great athlete. Denham Brownish. I was fine with that, but if his surgery makes him more explosive he could really take a big step.

Yeah, he clearly showed good instincts getting into the paint and a decent shot. But then to hear his dad come out and say he was limited physically (beyond just the wrist) makes me eager to see what kind of player he can become.

Next year's team might be one of the most talented perimeter teams we've ever had.

Reaction Score
a duke guy on another board posted this about BC, just saying better then people think. was not saying uconn was going to lose

-They return everybody except Andrew Van Nest, who only averaged 3 points and under 2 rebounds.
-8 of their 9 top scorers last year were freshman and sophomores.
-Last years losses include North Carolina State by 5, Miami by 1, @Maryland by 5, Duke by 1, @ Florida State by 3 and down the stretch they went 4-2 with wins over Maryland and Virginia.

So factor in how young they were(340th in experience by Kenpom) and how close they were and the fact that Donahue is a good coach, I think they'll shock some people.

Reaction Score
I'm usually an optimist but this definitely means we are screwed:

Title-game prediction: Connecticut over Indiana

The Hoosiers are going to be good, but the jury is out on how good -- whether they're merely a top-half Big Ten team, or whether they're a top-10 group overall. Much of that will have to do with how Ferrell manages the offense, how quickly Vonleh turns into the beast he appears destined to become, and whether Hollowell is ready to play a key role on the wing. But Indiana's defense is also a question mark. I'm guessing the team with the most cohesion out of the gate will have the advantage in an otherwise reasonably similarly matched game. That team is UConn. (Obviously, this prediction is ironclad and in no way subject to change. Obviously.)

Who others are picking:

Jeff Goodman: UConn over Washington
Andy Katz: UConn over Indiana
Jason King: UConn over Indiana
Myron Medcalf: UConn over Indiana
Dana O'Neil: UConn over Indiana

Reaction Score
a duke guy on another board posted this about BC, just saying better then people think. was not saying uconn was going to lose

Ha! That's only because BC basically had Puke beat last year @ BC, but Puke Refs, being Puke Refs wouldn't let BC upset Mighty Puke.

Reaction Score
I'm usually an optimist but this definitely means we are screwed:

Title-game prediction: Connecticut over Indiana

The Hoosiers are going to be good, but the jury is out on how good -- whether they're merely a top-half Big Ten team, or whether they're a top-10 group overall. Much of that will have to do with how Ferrell manages the offense, how quickly Vonleh turns into the beast he appears destined to become, and whether Hollowell is ready to play a key role on the wing. But Indiana's defense is also a question mark. I'm guessing the team with the most cohesion out of the gate will have the advantage in an otherwise reasonably similarly matched game. That team is UConn. (Obviously, this prediction is ironclad and in no way subject to change. Obviously.)

Who others are picking:

Jeff Goodman: UConn over Washington
Andy Katz: UConn over Indiana
Jason King: UConn over Indiana
Myron Medcalf: UConn over Indiana
Dana O'Neil: UConn over Indiana

KISS of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online