29-65, 235 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT, 2 fumbles | The Boneyard

29-65, 235 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT, 2 fumbles

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
According to the coach over the past 600 days of practice and evaluation, this is the best the staff could do for a QB.

Two games. 29-65 for 235.

I agree with those in the chat room. If I'm Steven Krajewski, I'm putting my name in the portal. He isn't getting snaps as long as RE is coach.

Reaction Score
According to the coach over the past 600 days of practice and evaluation, this is the best the staff could do for a QB.

I agree with those in the chat room. If I'm Steven Krajewski, I'm putting my name in the portal. He isn't getting snaps as long as RE is coach.
If I’m Cam Ross I would put my name in the portal too. Wasn’t the kid a freshman All American? I don’t know, but with an offense that can’t block and can’t hit any open WR consistently will hurt this kid

Reaction Score
RE is wrong. Steven Krajewski or Tyler Phommachanh will make better decisions. At least Tyler Phommachanh can run well. Jack Zergiotis must have game anxiety. Unfortunately I did too. Hav a couple of Molsons and relax a little. I wish I did back in the day.

Reaction Score

I wouldn’t blame Steven Krajewski if he did put his name in the portal. He should’ve played in four games his freshman year (develop him and get game experience) then started the season after Pindell graduated. But Randy brings in an inexperienced, injury prone D2 QB. Along with a QB from Canada , 6 months removed from high school, and tells everyone they are both better than Krajewski (one of the top qb’s from Georgia) and starts both of them over him. RE should be selling used cars with a line of Stop like that!

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid has time and misses receivers, he doesn't know when to throw or run with the ball
I was one of those talking about giving RE the time he needs with his kids but if he can't see that this quarterback will take this team nowhere it's time for him to step away. He is a good recruiter so let him do that and get someone in who can coach the game. UConn loves to hire coaches who can recruit but can't coach from the sidelines. The rare ones have been JC, Geno, Penders, Morrone and the retired WFH coach and that includes current coaches in all sports.
All that talk about the D being the best aspect of this team............................and it sadly may be true
The kicking game was good!!!!!!
The HC defense was good, but come on RE- what the hell are you going to do vs Purdue and Clemson - heck, UMass and Yale must be licking their chops anticipating playing this team

Reaction Score
If I’m Steven Krajewski imma wait it out he will eventually be the starter this year. Put some numbers up and use those stats to get the hell on if Edsall isn’t gone at the end of the year. Seeing what he did against UCF injured was impressive and before the naysayers say it was against ucfs reserves he still moved the team in to field goal range 3 times against the stsrters. Then had more total offense that ucf had the whole second half. We’ll say the broken collar bone even puts the reserves

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

he hasn't shown any growth since two years ago making the same issues back then. He doesn't feel the pressure and they need to try Steven K and see what he can do.

Reaction Score
Maybe two games is too little time to evaluate the chosen QB but there seems thus far to be no improvement from two years ago.

RE mentioned practice performance and arm strength as key factors driving his choice of QB along with, of course, "it".

But, while Joe Montana may not have had a rifle arm like our "gunslinger", and reportedly didn't look great in practice at ND either, he seemed to do OK when he played. And before anyone argues about Montana's arm, check this quote: Joe Montana described his ability as "throwing balloons at darts".

So the question becomes how long does RE go with a QB if he consistently underperforms, underthrows, overthrows, throws behind his receivers and turns it over in droves in loss after loss?

Steven Krajewski showed great ability in the Georgia state playoffs, especially the championship game where he took his team almost the length of the field in two minutes to score the go ahead TD with under a minute to go and yet has gotten little playing time.

In interviews Steven Krajewski seems humble, introspective, team oriented and accepting of whatever the coach decides and that may be his undoing here. Not enough, or no, "it".

Has Steven Krajewski lost the ability he showed in the HS playoffs or the game two years ago when he played so well in spite of a broken collarbone? Or is Jack Zergiotis so good and so confident in practice?

Jack Zergiotis didn't look confident and/or in control on the bench or in the game today, so how long does RE go with him as QB?

Could RE be stubborn enough to wait 9 games so he can throw Steven Krajewski to the wolves at Clemson and say "see, I told you so".

Reaction Score
Maybe two games is too little time to evaluate the chosen QB but there seems thus far to be no improvement from two years ago.

RE mentioned practice performance and arm strength as key factors driving his choice of QB along with, of course, "it".

But, while Joe Montana may not have had a rifle arm like our "gunslinger", and reportedly didn't look great in practice at ND either, he seemed to do OK when he played. And before anyone argues about Montana's arm, check this quote: Joe Montana described his ability as "throwing balloons at darts".

So the question becomes how long does RE go with a QB if he consistently underperforms, underthrows, overthrows, throws behind his receivers and turns it over in droves in loss after loss?

Steven Krajewski showed great ability in the Georgia state playoffs, especially the championship game where he took his team almost the length of the field in two minutes to score the go ahead TD with under a minute to go and yet has gotten little playing time.

In interviews Steven Krajewski seems humble, introspective, team oriented and accepting of whatever the coach decides and that may be his undoing here. Not enough, or no, "it".

Has Steven Krajewski lost the ability he showed in the HS playoffs or the game two years ago when he played so well in spite of a broken collarbone? Or is Jack Zergiotis so good and so confident in practice?

Jack Zergiotis didn't look confident and/or in control on the bench or in the game today, so how long does RE go with him as QB?

Could RE be stubborn enough to wait 9 games so he can throw Steven Krajewski to the wolves at Clemson and say "see, I told you so".
Spot on! Randy even said he was at the state championship game and was very impressed with Steven Krajewski. He also said how the coach “was giving it to him” but Steven Krajewski stood there, looked him in the eye and went out and did his job. He also said he was better than Dan O out of high school. After watching Steven Krajewski in warm ups yesterday it looked like his mechanics were just as good, if not better, than the last time he played. Unfortunately, I can’t justify that because Edsall keeps him on the sideline. Maybe when we’re losing to Purdue. 65-0 Randy will put him in with 3:45 left in the game to hand the ball off to Mensah.

Reaction Score
Spot on! Randy even said he was at the state championship game and was very impressed with Steven Krajewski. He also said how the coach “was giving it to him” but Steven Krajewski stood there, looked him in the eye and went out and did his job. He also said he was better than Dan O out of high school. After watching Steven Krajewski in warm ups yesterday it looked like his mechanics were just as good, if not better, than the last time he played. Unfortunately, I can’t justify that because Edsall keeps him on the sideline. Maybe when we’re losing to Purdue. 65-0 Randy will put him in with 3:45 left in the game to hand the ball off to Mensah.
Yes Sir.

I don't know what it is, but something just doesn't feel right about this choice for QB, even though the players seemed solidly behind him and praised his leadership.

To see him on the sidelines yesterday with his head in his hands isn't the image I'd expect from a confident leader of any type organization or team. He can't have a conscience when he's on the field, can't feel sorry for himself, and can't doubt himself. If
his line isn't blocking for him he needs to call them out in the huddle (a la Bobby Layne for those old enough to have seen him play). If he makes a bad play he needs to acknowledge that with his teammates and get on with the next play.

If he does doubt himself, he needs to take the Naomi Osaka route and ask for some time off to sort things out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom