26-0 let's focus on louisville please. | The Boneyard

26-0 let's focus on louisville please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish all this Penn State chatter could stop or go to an off-topic place or something. It seems like there are dozens of these topics. I understand that's it's the news, but it's not UConn football, and it's certainly not the kind of information and thoughts that I hope the majority of people that hang around here want to be filling their minds with, I certainly don't.

Let's talk UConn football. Because I've got this itch, this thing that nags at me, from last year. It was losing to a team by the score of 26-0.

Louisiville, and the game in 9 days is a lot more interesting to me than anything happening around Penn State right now.

That team coming to our house, from what I can gather, is on a roll. They had one of those turning points kind of like we did last year where the players basically said, WTF - enough is enough, let's go out and kick some ass. Charlie Strong is a good coach. A good recruiter, Louisville has moved past the Kragthorpe area quickly, but they're still young, and they're still inexperienced. Next Saturday can potentially turn out to be a huge game for both their program and our program when it comes to post season goals. HUGE.

I think it's time that the new Louisville coach and players are properly introduced to UConn football. They weren't properly introduced last year.

They've gone on a nice roll, and they're rolling into Rentschler. But they're runnign into us now, in our house.

We need those guys to understand that 26-0, wasn't right, those players and new coach last year weren't introduced properly to uconn football. When the last whistle blows next saturday, I want that louisville team to walk out of that stadium, sore like hell, ears ringing, with a loss, jsut like the orangemen, and saying ok...THAT was UConn football.

26-0

Reaction Score
I understand Carl, but this very well may the sports story of the decade. To expect people to talk solely about UConn football right now is a bit unrealistic.

Reaction Score
A decade + long case of child molestation and cover up is not the sports story of the decade, I don't give a rat's ass where it happened. The fact that it happened at Penn State university in the football program means jack .

If allegations are proven true, I hope there's a death penalty in PA, and that anyone involved in hiding this thing is punished to the full extent the law allows. I also trust that if there is no death penalty, that there is a code even among inmates in prison, and child molestor's are the lowest of the low and will get their due punishment. I also pray for the lost and damaged souls of any and all of the children.

That's all i got to say, but to say this is the biggest sports story of the decade, that's insulting. This has nothing to do with sports, and the way the media is salivating over it would make propogandists and manipulators of masses of people by media like Edward Bernays proud.

Child molestation a sport story......get a grip.

Go look at some louisville football games and write what you see, I haven't seen anything, I have no idea what we're going tup against next Saturday except a team that is clearly playing with a lot of heart of energy, and that's a dangerous team, that we'll need to play with more energy against.

Reaction Score
The Penn State story is just getting started. 15 years of systemic cover-up and at this point we know very little. This story provides a lesson in the danger of putting too much power into one persons hands and the danger of hero worship. It is a valuable learning moment for all universities and fans and should be discussed.

The story is much more than child molestation, its cover-up and putting money and reputation ahead of moral obligation.

The threads are clearly labled and you are not required to read or participate.

I do agree though that the mods should consider moving this discussion to an OT forum.

Reaction Score
A decade + long case of child molestation and cover up is not the sports story of the decade, I don't give a rat's ass where it happened. The fact that it happened at Penn State university in the football program means jack ****.

If allegations are proven true, I hope there's a death penalty in PA, and that anyone involved in hiding this thing is punished to the full extent the law allows. I also trust that if there is no death penalty, that there is a code even among inmates in prison, and child molestor's are the lowest of the low and will get their due punishment. I also pray for the lost and damaged souls of any and all of the children.

That's all i got to say, but to say this is the biggest sports story of the decade, that's insulting. This has nothing to do with sports, and the way the media is salivating over it would make propogandists and manipulators of masses of people by media like Edward Bernays proud.

Child molestation a sport story......get a grip.

Go look at some louisville football games and write what you see, I haven't seen anything, I have no idea what we're going tup against next Saturday except a team that is clearly playing with a lot of heart of energy, and that's a dangerous team, that we'll need to play with more energy against.

So Jasper Howard getting killed was not a sports story, just a campus murder?

Reaction Score
i don't see why people are jumping on Carl for trying to talk about something other than PSU. there's 8-10 threads about that, would it kill us to have one about football?

our win over Syracuse makes this game a lot more interesting. i haven't watched more than a few drives of Louisville football yet this year, but my eyes will be glued to their game against Pitt this saturday. from what i've seen their QB Bridgewater looks pretty good, and i'm worried about what he'll do to us if we blow a couple coverages against them. does anyone know how Blidi looks?

Reaction Score
My guess is you won't see much seirous talking about the L'ville game until Sunday or Monday. Until then the PSU story will dominate. Who's gonna start the Lookalike thread?

Reaction Score
Well, I'm talking about it. Just been looking at a little bit on this Louisville team, on paper. Looks like a mirror image to us in many ways on paper.

Looks like the first 4 or 5 games of the season were a mess when it came to plyaing a complete game, then the defense, offense, and kicking games started strapping it up playing together, and they've done enough to get on 3 game roll, and being on a roll is good place to be as a team, this week is our chance to get that roll going for us.

They look on paper like they're tough against the run, but they're consistently giving up an average yardage of 3+ yards per carry on the season. My guess is that that the run defense seems impressive b/c they're really good on second and third down defense, but I aven't watched them. That can really work for us if we can put a lead up on the board and/or keep it close late in the game, b/c we can do lots of stuff on second and third downs to keep the chains moving if we're in that 2nd and 6 3rd and 3/4 range, and they're geared up to either stop run or pass on D, just need the offense to be able to recognize it and exploit it.
Easier said than done.

Their scoring D is 18 points per game, which is pretty impressive, but they only score 19, where we are 22 and 22 respectively. Their scoring and point produciton has gone through the roof in the past two weeks. On the other hand, we put the pig in the endzone 4 out of 5 times in the red zone last week too.

Bridgewater looks like he's their playmaker, and how he goes the offense goes, they've got a second back that's over 5 yards a carry so need to watch for that player and when and how they use him. As for what we need to do on D, i think it will turn out to be pretty simple - stuff the run and confuse Bridgewater, and knock him and his receivers off their routes and defend them.

I'll be watching te louisville / pitt game this weekend, I think that the louisville-uconn game is going to be huge for how the rest of the season plays out.

So far to me, it looks like two very similar teams, and when that happens, it's always, ALWAYS, about who wants it more and brings the energy to want it more and make the plays when they need to make the plays.

Reaction Score
i don't see why people are jumping on Carl for trying to talk about something other than PSU. there's 8-10 threads about that, would it kill us to have one about football?

our win over Syracuse makes this game a lot more interesting. i haven't watched more than a few drives of Louisville football yet this year, but my eyes will be glued to their game against Pitt this saturday. from what i've seen their QB Bridgewater looks pretty good, and i'm worried about what he'll do to us if we blow a couple coverages against them. does anyone know how Blidi looks?

Nothing wrong with talking football on the football board. But to attempt to shut down discussion or minimalize the impact of child molestation over a periond of time and the complete failure and/or cover up by prefacing your remarks is both insensitive and insulting. You're sick of it? I'm sick of a lot of bad things that happen in society and they really bring me down. But to ignore them doesn't solve anything and just leads to the type of ignorance that enables the behavior to continue. Those kids are more important than any man's legacy or any football game.

Reaction Score

I am a fan of your posts. But if you don't like the Penn State threads, then don't read them.

Reaction Score
Carl is the king of sports cliches... i think from now on after all his posts we should count how many sports cliches he has... its almost unreadable.

Reaction Score
Their scoring D is 18 points per game, which is pretty impressive, but they only score 19, where we are 22 and 22 respectively. Their scoring and point produciton has gone through the roof in the past two weeks. On the other hand, we put the pig in the endzone 4 out of 5 times in the red zone last week too..

are you sure your math is right? that would mean the average UConn game has been a little more explosive than the average Louisville game. i like our chances a little better after hearing that. their QB looks good but he's young so hopefully we can force some turnovers. with our more aggressive schemes on d this year i was expecting more turnovers than we've had, maybe we're due to return one for some points.

what really worries me about Louisville from the games i saw was they seemed to have a few big, athletic receivers, including TE Chichester who converted from WR that stands at 6-7 or something ridiculous like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom