OT: - 25th Anniversary Gift | The Boneyard

OT: 25th Anniversary Gift

Reaction Score
It's not medical advice, still the Boneyard would know. In 11 days (May 21) it's our 25th wedding anniversary. Desperately looking for suggestions. My wife and I usually get a mutual gift and call it our gift to each other- this year, we are remodeling kitchen and are getting an imported French range.

But I should get her a personal gift too, I'm starting to finally realize this. I don't know what kind of jewelry she likes, in fact she doesn't really wear much at all. Should I just get something anyway, or should I suggest going with her to a place? What other things should I consider?

Should I try for something more personal? A work colleague said get her 25 roses, get 25 pieces of nice paper and write on each something I love about her, then roll them up like a scroll and tie them to each rose stem. Maybe, I don't know.

Help!

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Congrats! If you've been married 25 years, you've obviously been doing something right.

Don't overthink it. You certainly know her better than we do!

(I've got 17 years in, so if I were to suggest anything it would be a great experience with each other. Tickets to a show, weekend away, take her back to the restaurant of your first date, etc. etc)

Good luck and here's to at least 25 more!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
25 years? First, congrats! 25 years and you don't what kind of jewelry she likes? The answer is...no to jewelry.

But...how about a watch and relate some "Our love is timeless" poem with those roses?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It is the silver anniversary, so that presents a lot of options. Sterling silver jewelry, silver dipped rose, dinner at Long John Silver’s, etc.

Ours is coming up in a few years. What I’d like to do is either redo our Costa Rica honeymoon, which we loved; or go to Hawaii, where we would have gone then if we had the time and money.

For me, experiences > gifts

Reaction Score
It is the silver anniversary, so that presents a lot of options. Sterling silver jewelry, silver dipped rose, dinner at Long John Silver’s, etc.

Ours is coming up in a few years. What I’d like to do is either redo our Costa Rica honeymoon, which we loved; or go to Hawaii, where we would have gone then if we had the time and money.

For me, experiences > gifts
This is our plan also. A nice exotic vacation somewhere. My wife and I aren't really that into gifts so this is a better idea for us. My wife always says if she wants something she just goes out and buys it for herself.

Reaction Score
Something sentimental that you can give her in Paris. After two bottles of wine.

Reaction Score
It's not medical advice, still the Boneyard would know. In 11 days (May 21) it's our 25th wedding anniversary. Desperately looking for suggestions. My wife and I usually get a mutual gift and call it our gift to each other- this year, we are remodeling kitchen and are getting an imported French range.

But I should get her a personal gift too, I'm starting to finally realize this. I don't know what kind of jewelry she likes, in fact she doesn't really wear much at all. Should I just get something anyway, or should I suggest going with her to a place? What other things should I consider?

Should I try for something more personal? A work colleague said get her 25 roses, get 25 pieces of nice paper and write on each something I love about her, then roll them up like a scroll and tie them to each rose stem. Maybe, I don't know.

Help!
We did our first cruise. And the kids helped to pay for it. Win, win.

Reaction Score

Help!
Separate vacations.

Reaction Score
First congratulations! May 28th will be my 25th wedding anniversary. We are spending 10 days at the Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club in Belize and will be doing many of the activities you do in Belize. Mayan ruins, sailing, snorkeling and fishing. Thay would be our joint gift. She also has been wanting a second wedding ring so I finally broke down and bought it.

Reaction Score
First congratulations! May 28th will be my 25th wedding anniversary. We are spending 10 days at the Mahogany Bay Resort and Beach Club in Belize and will be doing many of the activities you do in Belize. Mayan ruins, sailing, snorkeling and fishing. Thay would be our joint gift. She also has been wanting a second wedding ring so I finally broke down and bought it.

So she gets a second wedding ring. What did you get?

Reaction Score
A trip to a Husky tournament what else. Or maybe a trip to New Haven for the Best Pizza?

We went to St Martin our favorite stayed on the beach at the Westin or whatever it was fun trip..... good share.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Set up a vacation to a very romantic destination (best is to her favorite of the places you have vacationed with her) and surreptitiously arrange to have a renewing of the vows ceremony there.
I played this card for our 35th. It will never be topped. We're at 54 now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thought of one if you are doing the note thing.

I love that you love Gilmour Girls reruns so much you dont realize I’m just driving around on the lawnmower with the blades up because it’s nice out.

(listening to matchbox 20. easily on the rob thomas act mt rushmore).

Reaction Score
Well, we went down today to see a friend in Ashford, CT, and I specifically brought up the 25th anniversary gift subject. She was very clear that we should not do anything else as we are giving each other a kitchen remodel and French range, and no please don’t get anything else. So, I’m off the hook, but at least I’ll get nice flowers and we’ll go out to dinner.
It’s clear I need to plan something in advance especially if it’s a trip somewhere- next year, we’ll go to France (she loves Aix).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
she doesn't really wear much at all.
thumbs up kid.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall