25 years since the dream season | The Boneyard

25 years since the dream season

Status
Not open for further replies.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
And what a quarter century it has been - in 1989
TV shows included the 1st episodes of the Simpsons - The Dow closed the year at 2750, a postage stamp cost 25c - Nintendo released Game boy - The USSR pulled out of Afghanistan - Duran Duran and New Kids on the Block were popular musicians - Yugo went bankrupt - Ted Bundy got his - a gallon of gas cost .97c - Microsoft released Microsoft Office - The Berlin Wall came down - and - HCJC brought an unforgettable basketball season to Connecticut.

Last edited:

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Which means a quarter-century since our first No. 1 seed. I guess that makes us nouveau riche or something.

Reaction Score
I remember, we had moved to CT in'88 and I couldn't figure out why they were always talking about Yukon on the TV news. By 89 I'd figured it out and was watching it on ABC, keeping stats on my "mojo artifact", to see when we could foul out their best players. Sadly, the artifact is just that, as the commentators these days no longer tell you who fouled as they are too busy talking about Duke or anything else except the game in front of them.

Reaction Score
it was my 35th year as a Huskie fan.
The dream of all us fans was FF. Our Duke hatred would be less if not for that Dagger to deny us yet again.

4 NC is almost impossibile to grasp.
Certainly if it was suggested back even us diehards would have rolled our eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom