#25 USF Eyes Upset of UConn | The Boneyard

#25 USF Eyes Upset of UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bring your "A" game USF...........UCONN is starting to look like a Championship team............8 or 9 players deep............At Gampel, Good luck!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They are going to have a go at it.
I'd be disappointed if they didn't... (have a go at it)... I think UCONN wins by 25 or so - USF is a tough team to play and they are super physical. In the past UCONN has had a tough time with them. Then again, they had that blond chick - Orekova? She could light it up from beyond the arc. Not sure if they are more offensively challenged this year...

Reaction Score
Bring your "A" game USF......UCONN is starting to look like a Championship team..8 or 9 players deep..At Gampel, Good luck!!!
Just curious, but who are the 8 or 9? I'd say maybe 6 (Kiah) or 7 (Gabby) tops. The rest of the bench contributes basically zero other than to eat clock to prevent UConn from scoring 110 against some of these AAC opponents.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just curious, but who are the 8 or 9? I'd say maybe 6 (Kiah) or 7 (Gabby) tops. The rest of the bench contributes basically zero other than to eat clock to prevent UConn from scoring 110 against some of these AAC opponents.
Kiah, Gabby and Saniya play significant minutes in any game (that makes 8). Saniya, especially, is the only sub for the guards. So easily 8 deep. I doubt that Courtney will see much, if any time, but if we are well ahead it's possible. That's why the 8 or 9 comment...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I respect USF and Jose Fernandez.

I like the fact that his team is coming to Storrs with the "We are gonna win" attitude. That's what makes good games and frankly that's what we want ;) or rather what I want.

As a coach you need to instill confidence in your team and I think Fernandez is doing that.

Reaction Score
I respect USF and Jose Fernandez.

I like the fact that his team is coming to Storrs with the "We are gonna win" attitude. That's what makes good games and frankly that's what we want ;) or rather what I want.

As a coach you need to instill confidence in your team and I think Fernandez is doing that.
I totally agree--Cheryl and I saw a UConn-USF game up in Tampa a few years ago and Jose is an excellent and classy coach, who knows how to motivate his team. Should be one of the better conference games...until we go on a 25 point run to start the second half...

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
They're a classy team.

But they lost to Maryland (blow-out)
Kentucky and St, John's.

Nah, not this time, but it will be fun…perhaps, first of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom