247's Big East Rankings for 2022-2023 | The Boneyard

247's Big East Rankings for 2022-2023

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There's just something different about Big East basketball, and it's shaping up to be a doozy of a battle in 2022-23. The Big East was one of the most active conferences in the country in the transfer portal. Ten of the 11 programs added at least one transfer, and the lone team who did not (Villanova) is widely projected to be a top-20 team in the country.

As we attempt to preview the 2022-23 campaign, it's clear that you could make a strong argument for nearly half the teams in the Big East to win the league. It feels absurd, but it's not unrealistic.

Updated Projections

Reaction Score
wish we heard more about Sampson Johnson's development as a stretch 4... I'm a big fan of Dre but I'm surprised to see almost everyone pencilling him in as the starting 4. Has he played a single minute at the 4 for UConn or is this just a reflection of Danny's comments about a 4-out offense?

Reaction Score
wish we heard more about Sampson Johnson's development as a stretch 4... I'm a big fan of Dre but I'm surprised to see almost everyone pencilling him in as the starting 4. Has he played a single minute at the 4 for UConn or is this just a reflection of Danny's comments about a 4-out offense?
I don't know if its so much Jackson being a superior 4 to Johnson or Hurley's comments as it is Jackson potentially being our best player with Newton/Diarra/Hawkins/Alleyne all being 20 or more minute players (Diarra less likely but the other three should be playing substantial minutes 1-3) you have to find time for them and Jackson somewhere and the option that makes the most sense is using Jackson at both the 3 and 4.

Reaction Score
The question really is whether there is a 4 on the roster that can defend and rebound better than Jackson or Karaban who can also provide some spacing and offense. If not, why are you so scared about AJAX playing the 4?

Reaction Score
The Big East will be a delight to watch this year. Some high end talent that could potentially advance in March, but also lots of parity. On paper, it looks like 9 of 11 teams have the potential to make the tournament. Mind you, I'm not predicting 9--probably 6 or perhaps 7 end up making it--but 9 go into the season with a roster that's capable. (You know the two havemenots... DePaul and Georgetown.)

Even Georgetown's roster appears to be better after the transfer haul. But I don't trust Ewing.

Can't wait for November!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom