247 Updated Rankings/ 17th ranked class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

247 Updated Rankings/ 17th ranked class

Reaction Score
Composite is more telling. #55 vs #167

Javonte Brown Ferguson is being ranked based on potential. He's massive with a huge wingspan and soft touch, and is a year young for his class. But he does not have experience with top competition like Sanogo.

I really think that we need to consider sophomore year his "freshman" year for comparison's sake, even if he does play next season.
That's what makes the Sanogo signing so huge. We don't have to expect anything from Javonte right away. We're setup like Nova with how Cole, Springs, Martin, and Javonte are brought along.

Reaction Score
Brown-Ferguson. He’s got impressive physical tools and is someone that could vastly outplay his ranking coming out of high school as he has plenty of upside as a post-scorer, lob-catcher, rebounder, defender and rim-protector.
I'm bullish on Javonte Brown Ferguson also.. As odd as it sounds..I think he's still growing into his body and getting used to his size.. Once he catches up.. I think the sky is the limit.. Practicing vs Sanogo and Springs every day can only help.

Reaction Score
Composite is more telling. #55 vs #167

Javonte Brown Ferguson is being ranked based on potential. He's massive with a huge wingspan and soft touch, and is a year young for his class. But he does not have experience with top competition like Sanogo.

I really think that we need to consider sophomore year his "freshman" year for comparison's sake, even if he does play next season.

The composite, in this case, is more about math and Canada. Adama is also an international player but doesn’t get penalized (meaning, he’s more fully ranked across sites) because he played in the US. I think both of these players, to some extent, are more about potential then demonstrated performance, but I do agree that Adama is ahead of Javonte.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know, in the old days, it was fun counting the wins over BC the day the schedule was released.

In the famous words of the great JC at his first Final Four press conferences: "Mike, it's nice to see you. Tom, it's nice to see you. Jimmy, it's really great to see you." And if you don't get the context tough -- it just means you're too young.

Reaction Score
Updated Rankings:

Uconn - 17th

[peering into the abyss]

Syracuse - 52nd (11th in the ACC)

[peering even deeper still past powerhouse programs like Kennesaw State (55), Elon (63), Umass (65), Southern Alabama (66), and somehow even Charlotte (71) and Georgia State (73)]

Providence - 82nd (7th in the BE)

It warms my heart seeing bad things happening to bad people. All those fans who celebrated our "demise" a little too much are being put back in their natural place - looking up at program that is, and always will be, superior to them.
Somewhere @seanmc94 is upset about this.

never forget this thread:Nutmeg states finest

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just got the season ticket email from Benedict. God I hope there's some sort of '20-21 BB season...

Reaction Score
Andre jumped 62 spots from their previous rankings of him, not too shabby.

Big East has 3 teams in the top 20 of 247 recruiting classes:
Marquette: 16
UConn: 17
Xavier: 20

AAC: Only one top 100 player signed into the conference. Houston and ranked 76th overall...

Anyone still wanna be in the AAC?

EDIT: I apologize, the AAC has two ranked top 100 players, the other is Caleb Murphy ranked 77 and headed to USF....
Big East has 8, AAC has 2. And this is without Nova even having a recruiting class, as they had 4 top 100 guys last season.
Man it feels good to be in the big east again and even better how we've loaded up on talent in a short time to be able to not only compete but succeed.

Reaction Score
Nope. Sorry, it's not that easy to win national championships. I know we're spoiled but it's not just a matter of time.

Yup. the NCAA tournament is a single elimination tournament. No matter how good you are, you need some luck to win it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Andre jumped 62 spots from their previous rankings of him, not too shabby.

Big East has 3 teams in the top 20 of 247 recruiting classes:
Marquette: 16
UConn: 17
Xavier: 20

AAC: Only one top 100 player signed into the conference. Houston and ranked 76th overall...

Anyone still wanna be in the AAC?

EDIT: I apologize, the AAC has two ranked top 100 players, the other is Caleb Murphy ranked 77 and headed to USF....
Big East has 8, AAC has 2. And this is without Nova even having a recruiting class, as they had 4 top 100 guys last season.
To be honest - for a premier basketball only conference the NBE really hasn't had a glamorous recruiting year
And who cares about the AAC, they have never recruited like the big boys but Houston, WSU and Cinci has proven over the past 4 years they can hang competitively with most anyone. Anyone who thinks Houston wouldn't be a premier NBE team is crazy.

Reaction Score
Yup. the NCAA tournament is a single elimination tournament. No matter how good you are, you need some luck to win it.
Sometimes you just need to strike lightning for 11 consecutive post-season wins to get there too. :)

Reaction Score
5 star? meh. young James may not have started the season as a 5 star, but he sure did finish it as one. so, in my book, coach has already nailed a 5 star.

Yeah and he might have nailed 3, we'll see. People harp on the 1 year/5 star "get the brand in the league" thing but I'm not convinced that's all that helpful to the program. If you have the eye for the 50-100 diamond in the rough, that may well be the sweet spot for collegiate success.

Reaction Score
To be honest - for a premier basketball only conference the NBE really hasn't had a glamorous recruiting year
And who cares about the AAC, they have never recruited like the big boys but Houston, WSU and Cinci has proven over the past 4 years they can hang competitively with most anyone. Anyone who thinks Houston wouldn't be a premier NBE team is crazy.
The NBE has actually never had a huge recruiting year since its creation. Hopefully last years strong conference performance and our addition helps take things to the next level.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They’d be a huge travel outlier like we were in the AAC, it would definitely cost them some games like it no doubt did for us.

Reaction Score
Yeah and he might have nailed 3, we'll see. People harp on the 1 year/5 star "get the brand in the league" thing but I'm not convinced that's all that helpful to the program. If you have the eye for the 50-100 diamond in the rough, that may well be the sweet spot for collegiate success.
Totally agree - find the diamond in the rough sort of players that are willing to put in the work, have a coaching staff that can develop these sorts of players, and create three-year impact players that are cohesive together and will go through brick walls to win championships. That is what Calhoun and staff did and that is the way Hurley and staff will need to do it as well. They are showing glimpses of that after just a couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom