247 Composite=55
247= 87

Andre Jackson
247 composite= 53
247= 46

Javonte Brown-Ferguson
247 composite=162
247=107
Andre jumped 62 spots from their previous rankings of him, not too shabby.

Big East has 3 teams in the top 20 of 247 recruiting classes:
Marquette: 16
UConn: 17
Xavier: 20

AAC: Only one top 100 player signed into the conference. Houston and ranked 76th overall...

Anyone still wanna be in the AAC?

EDIT: I apologize, the AAC has two ranked top 100 players, the other is Caleb Murphy ranked 77 and headed to USF....
Big East has 8, AAC has 2. And this is without Nova even having a recruiting class, as they had 4 top 100 guys last season.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Write ups on Sanogo and Javonte Brown Ferguson here

Good write-ups, except for the use (twice) of the dreaded singular "Huskie."

Reaction Score
Updated Rankings:

Uconn - 17th

[peering into the abyss]

Syracuse - 52nd (11th in the ACC)

[peering even deeper still past powerhouse programs like Kennesaw State (55), Elon (63), Umass (65), Southern Alabama (66), and somehow even Charlotte (71) and Georgia State (73)]

Providence - 82nd (7th in the BE)

It warms my heart seeing bad things happening to bad people. All those fans who celebrated our "demise" a little too much are being put back in their natural place - looking up at program that is, and always will be, superior to them.

Reaction Score
Updated Rankings:

Uconn - 17th

[peering into the abyss]

[peering even deeper still past powerhouse programs like Kennesaw State (55), Elon (63), Umass (65), Southern Alabama (66), and somehow even Charlotte (71) and Georgia State (73)]

It warms my heart seeing bad things happening to bad people. All those fans who celebrated our "demise" a little too much are being put back in their natural place - looking up at program that is, and always will be, superior to them.
TBF we want Providence to still be good, just as long as they aren't recruiting our players. Having a perennial bottom feeder in the conference helps absolutely no one

Reaction Score
Updated Rankings:

Uconn - 17th

[peering into the abyss]

To say Providence fans wanted Uconn to fail is not fair. If anything, it was the other way around. I was here 3-5 years ago when all Connecticut fans were hoping the Big East would fall into obscurity. I was one of the few saying that the Big East was good for Northeast college basketball and indirectly, good for Uconn. Also, there has been a few PC fans in this board that have always wanted Uconn back in the Big East.

In regards to Syracuse. Yes, all hell to them. I hope they become bottom dwellers in the ACC

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Add in Richie Springs, RJ Cole, and Tyrese Martin. You would be hard pressed to find 16, or maybe 5 better classes.
The only problem with that logic is that if you're counting Springs and Cole to this year's class, you can't count Martin till next year's class, as it looks like he'll be sitting out.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
TBF we want Providence to still be good, just as long as they aren't recruiting our players. Having a perennial bottom feeder in the conference helps absolutely no one
I don't know, in the old days, it was fun counting the wins over BC the day the schedule was released.

Reaction Score
Updated Rankings:

Uconn - 17th

[peering into the abyss]

I live in Charlotte, so I’m partial to them. Fun little atmosphere there to see a game. Ron Sanchez (former Virginia assistant) did a nice job in his 2nd season, they were really really bad his first year there. Obviously trying to instill the packline like Bennett does. Didn’t realize he pulled a top 70ish class, pretty cool to see. I’m hopeful they can make an NIT or even a tourney eventually with him, seems like a good dude.

as far as UConn goes, if Hurley can keep this recruiting up, his first five star will be coming here sooner than later.

Reaction Score
So much has gone wrong for UConn in recent years, some from the landscape crashing around us, not being proactive enough, and some from our terrible self-inflicted damaging hires but we did manage to get the most important thing right...

The most important thing is Dan Hurley. Hiring Hurley is a Calhoun type hire (not saying he'll be one of the greatest cbb coaches ever like Calhoun) but he is that type of hire. We could've gone the route of trying to hire a flashy name who could bring his recruits with him for a quick fix but we went with the guy who has a longterm vision, the guy who has a real plan for longlasting excellence. Dan Hurley is that guy, we saw it right away with how he put together his excellent staff and how he's communicated his vision. There's no whacky Diaco hyperbole or Ollieisms. This is a guy who is serious about doing it the right way for sustained success and we're going to be in that national conversation quicker than people thought and we will remain there.

I've always loved Dan Hurley and believed in him but with the losses and frustrating play from the same players I fell into the trap of wishing he brought in his own players and going more the quick fix route. I was wrong. He does things the right way and it's going to be a big reason why we will be so appealing for kids and parents and it's a big part of the reason why we are going to win big.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
as far as UConn goes, if Hurley can keep this recruiting up, his first five star will be coming here sooner than later.
If you're referring to to #5 being on the horizon for this recruiting success continues, pretty sure it was in reference to our next NCAA championship.

Reaction Score
If you're referring to to #5 being on the horizon for this recruiting success continues, pretty sure it was in reference to our next NCAA championship.
I got what the poster was saying. I’m just not there yet, not ready to proclaim a 5th banner now, that’s really really difficult to obtain... Let’s make the tournament again and make a run first.

I was referring to the fact that his recruiting has been really impressive the past two seasons. Two top 20 recruiting classes in a row, it’s only a matter of time before he pulls a 5 star, and if/when he does, look out.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I got what the poster was saying. I’m just not there yet, not ready to proclaim a 5th banner now, that’s really really difficult to obtain... Let’s make the tournament again and make a run first.

I was referring to the fact that his recruiting has been really impressive the past two seasons. Two top 20 recruiting classes in a row, it’s only a matter of time before he pulls a 5 star, and if/when he does, look out.
I don't worry about the # of stars. And with the G League poaching the top ranked guys, I'm not sure we'll see all that many 5*s playing college ball over the next few years.

Reaction Score
I don't know, in the old days, it was fun counting the wins over BC the day the schedule was released.
After the last 7 years of watching horrendous teams I’d rather have every team in the Big East be tournament caliber. We need exciting basketball again, and that won’t happen with basement dwellers

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Adama Sanogo
247 Composite=55
247= 87

Andre Jackson
247 composite= 53
247= 46

Javonte Brown-Ferguson
247 composite=162
247=107
Javonte Brown Ferguson’s composite should be a lot higher, in the 110-115 range but a couple services don’t rank international kids.

Reaction Score
I don't worry about the # of stars. And with the G League poaching the top ranked guys, I'm not sure we'll see all that many 5*s playing college ball over the next few years.
It’s hard to say how big of an impact the G League will have but it’s a good point. If each class has 25-30 five stars, how many skip college, 10-15 max?

recruiting rankings aren’t the end all be all, but I think they matter. Good teams/programs are able to strike a balance between high ranked players and identifying the right guys, even if they aren’t ranked super high. Villanovas a great example. They get some really high level recruits (Robinson Earl, Antoine), some good four stars (Bey, Samuels etc) and then identify the guys like Gillespie that get overlooked. I love the way they recruit and how they’ve built up their program. We’re definitely on the right track with Hurley steering the ship, his recruiting and team building has been really solid to this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live in Charlotte, so I’m partial to them. Fun little atmosphere there to see a game. Ron Sanchez (former Virginia assistant) did a nice job in his 2nd season, they were really really bad his first year there. Obviously trying to instill the packline like Bennett does. Didn’t realize he pulled a top 70ish class, pretty cool to see. I’m hopeful they can make an NIT or even a tourney eventually with him, seems like a good dude.

Hey I'm in Charlotte too. Some pretty good hoops talent around here, was friendly with Luke Maye from Carolina and am going to the beach with his brother in a few weeks haha.

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson’s composite should be a lot higher, in the 110-115 range but a couple services don’t rank international kids.

Brown-Ferguson. He’s got impressive physical tools and is someone that could vastly outplay his ranking coming out of high school as he has plenty of upside as a post-scorer, lob-catcher, rebounder, defender and rim-protector.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Interesting that both Javonte Brown Ferguson and Sanogo are pretty closely ranked. I feel like a lot of people forget about Javonte Brown Ferguson, especially now that we got Sanogo. Would be huge if the ranking by 247 (not composite) is correct about Javonte Brown Ferguson being a bordering top 100 talent...

Reaction Score
Interesting that both Javonte Brown Ferguson and Sanogo are pretty closely ranked. I feel like a lot of people forget about Javonte Brown Ferguson, especially now that we got Sanogo. Would be huge if the ranking by 247 (not composite) is correct about Javonte Brown Ferguson being a bordering top 100 talent...

Composite is more telling. #55 vs #167

Javonte Brown Ferguson is being ranked based on potential. He's massive with a huge wingspan and soft touch, and is a year young for his class. But he does not have experience with top competition like Sanogo.

I really think that we need to consider sophomore year his "freshman" year for comparison's sake, even if he does play next season.

Reaction Score
And that’s as a reclass, so it’s pretty impressive. I wonder where he would’ve ended up if he stayed in 2021. Long term, there’s a lot to like with his upside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom