245 pm on Friday | The Boneyard

245 pm on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2nd game of the session. Florida Atlantic and Northwestern at 1215 pm.
Fantastic luck for me. I got early session tickets months ago before the prices jacked up, so I'm pumped I'll only have to purchase the earlier session.

My old college girlfriend used to live in Fort Greene, so I know the area just due north and I'll probably end up driving down early to hawk out free street parking since there's plenty of spots within a half-mile radius.

Reaction Score
Fantastic luck for me. I got early session tickets months ago before the prices jacked up, so I'm pumped I'll only have to purchase the earlier session.

My old college girlfriend used to live in Fort Greene, so I know the area just due north and I'll probably end up driving down early to hawk out free street parking since there's plenty of spots within a half-mile radius.
But will your car be there when you walk back that half mile?

Reaction Score
Ah, the good old 3:45AM tipoff (Japan time)... at least I have no plans for the rest of the day.

Reaction Score
2nd game of the session. Florida Atlantic and Northwestern at 1215 pm.
Why doesn't Uconn get to play first to get a little extra rest and scout the two potential opponents after? Seems that's a benefit the top seeds deserve.

Reaction Score
But will your car be there when you walk back that half mile?
The millennials and Gen-Zers who infiltrated the gentrified areas of Brooklyn aren’t known for their handiness.

However, they’re got the generational cash to hire a car-jacker, if they desire a 2009 Corolla w/ 150k miles.

I prefer driving into Brooklyn, so I’ll “test my luck”.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't Uconn get to play first to get a little extra rest and scout the two potential opponents after? Seems that's a benefit the top seeds deserve.

Because that means all the #1s would play at the same time, and all the 8 v 9 games would thus be at the same time. It has never been done that way. The times are set in consultation with the networks to maximize TV viewership.

Poe

Reaction Score
Because that means all the #1s would play at the same time, and all the 8 v 9 games would thus be at the same time. It has never been done that way. The times are set in consultation with the networks to maximize TV viewership.
No, they wouldn’t all need to be at the same time, Travelman is just saying the #1 seed should play before their region’s 8/9 game. Could be different for different regions.

But yes, it’s about networks maximizing eyeballs.

Reaction Score
2 hours won’t make a difference. If they were playing the last game of the night that would indeed be an issue.

Reaction Score
2 hours won’t make a difference. If they were playing the last game of the night that would indeed be an issue.
It's more that they can watch the 8/9 game after winning, (scout), rather than the other way around.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The millennials and Gen-Zers who infiltrated the gentrified areas of Brooklyn aren’t known for their handiness.

However, they’re got the generational cash to hire a car-jacker, if they desire a 2009 Corolla w/ 150k miles.

I prefer driving into Brooklyn, so I’ll “test my luck”.

If your car gets stolen where you parked for a game at the Barclays.. You must have had a hell of a walk to the arena.

But for anyone super concerned.. just stay south of the arena between 4th Ave and 7th Ave in Park slope. Just watch out the strollers.

Reaction Score
Is there a shortage of parking garages/lots nearby? Does one have to figure out street parking or are folks just trying to save money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom