23 games in... | The Boneyard

23 games in...

Reaction Score
What are a handful of things you like about this year's team. Keep it positive, please. For me:

Bouk. A joy to watch. Akok and Gaffney as well.

Whaley and Adams. Great development from both of them.

Coach Hurley handling the Alterique Gilbert situation really well.

Seeing Cole on the sidelines and knowing he will be playing next season.

Watching Polley have a 19 and 12 breakout game. Come back strong next season, Tyler!

Reaction Score
The only games we deserved fully to lose this season were SJU (which we absolutely should not have lost in hindsight), Cincy #1 which was our worst game of the year, and USF, refer to SJU to a lesser degree. The other 7 were virtual toss-ups with 3 mins left on the clock. A good team goes 5-2 or so in those, we lost all of them. Even being 3-4 in those puts us in a spot to potentially be looking at an At-Large. If our players and our staff can clean up end of game execution, we have a shot to be very good next season.

Reaction Score
What are a handful of things you like about this year's team. Keep it positive, please. For me:

Bouk. A joy to watch. Akok and Gaffney as well.

Whaley and Adams. Great development from both of them.

Coach Hurley handling the Alterique Gilbert situation really well.

Seeing Cole on the sidelines and knowing he will be playing next season.

Watching Polley have a 19 and 12 breakout game. Come back strong next season, Tyler!

Well said. All great accomplishments.

I will add just the overall excitement and optimism that UConn basketball is getting back to where it should be and what we were accustomed to seeing.

It feels good again to be yelling at the TV more than I have been the last 4-5 years.
Good things ahead.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Many moving parts, many looks, adjustments & growth evident, and the thrill of getting over the hurdle (finally) last Sunday

I'm watching every game with interest, and back to txting back-and-forth with my sister during games

When we win, even bad posters write things that warrant Likes, plus an uptick in acknowledging errors & misunderstandings that indicates greater awareness that we here are on the same team

4 contributing Hurley recruits, 2 more practicing with the team already, 2 more signed over P5 competition, and an always active staff still at it with targets, back-up plans, and forward thinking

Haiku improving
There are more participants
and fewer errors

Reaction Score
1) finally beating Tulsa at Tulsa
2) the young pups - bouk, akok, and Gaffney give us a bright future
3) Polley is going to be hungry to play next year
4) AG excepting ( I think?) his current role
5) Being back in the BE next year.
6) Building a culture of Champions - thanks DH
7) the blue collar mentality of CV

Reaction Score
Many moving parts, many looks, adjustments & growth evident, and the thrill of getting over the hurdle (finally) last Sunday

I'm watching every game with interest, and back to txting back-and-forth with my sister during games

When we win, even bad posters write things that warrant Likes, plus an uptick in acknowledging errors & misunderstandings that indicates greater awareness that we here are on the same team

4 contributing Hurley recruits, 2 more practicing with the team already, 2 more signed over P5 competition, and an always active staff still at it with targets, back-up plans, and forward thinking

Haiku improving
There are more participants
and fewer errors

I love that you mentioned getting over a hurdle on Sunday. That is actually my favorite part of this season. There were peaks and valleys, but Sunday felt like a legit breakthrough. It felt different than the early season wins, that's for sure. Sunday felt real, like winning an old Big East game. A little taste of "we're back". If we play like we did on Sunday, other teams will have to earn a hard fought victory. It's nice to be legit again I guess.

Last edited:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1) Aggressive play from so many players. Not backing down from opponents aggression
2) Sharing the ball
3) Staying in front on Defense (giving Sid a bit of a pass on this)
4) Cut down of turnovers (not the apple type)
5) Isaiah Whalley's smile

Reaction Score
1) Aggressive play from so many players. Not backing down from opponents aggression
2) Sharing the ball
3) Staying in front on Defense (giving Sid a bit of a pass on this)
4) Cut down of turnovers (not the apple type)
5) Isaiah Whalley's smile
#2 is huge.

Reaction Score
The involvement of the bench in the last few games.Cole Springs. Lots of enthusiasm and support.
We need all hands aboard-Hurley.
R JC was very animated and into it from the bench Sunday from where I sat in 117.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
2) the young pups - bouk, akok, and Gaffney give us a bright future

4) AG excepting
Two things:

Adams is also a young pup, younger than Akok, and only a few months older than Bouknight and Gaffney. Those three will still be teenagers when the season ends.*

I believe the word you want is "accepting," not "excepting."

* Unless Huskies make it to the Final Four. Brendan's birthday is April 3rd, and the NIT Final game is April 2nd.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
#2 is huge.
Yeah, I quickly jotted down a list and when I wrote that I thought of modifying the list to make sharing #1. But, I'm lazy

Reaction Score
I love that they are competing. The games for the most part aren't just a total disaster.
I want to watch them again.
I like watching the young guys. There is excitement there again.
Agree 100% on Adams and Whaley contributing.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Both Bouk and Akok are much better than I anticipated, and both have tremendous upside.

I feel like the defense and the blocks have been on point all year.

Adams is emerging.

CV solidifying himself as one of my favorites.

Gilbert not giving up - he's had a rough go at it.

The crowds have been WAY better this year when compared to the last few. Everyone's ready for the BE.

The beer selection at XL is awesome, and they serve Bear's BBQ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom