23 carries for 45 yards | The Boneyard

23 carries for 45 yards

Reaction Score
I had to work and didn't get home to watch until around 3pm, but that stat pretty much sums it up. You're just not going to win games without being able to run the ball, especially with the type of QB/ offense we deploy. I'm very happy with the NIL UConn put forth this past offseason, as UConn has dominated "lesser" competition. Going forward, however, better recruiting from HS/Portal along the trenches is what will help separate and win games like this. Have to run the ball/ stop the run.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Let's see.

1. Teams are selling out on the outside zone run.
2. Big Ben gets hurt and then his back up gets hurt. So, the starting RG is now the LG and the 4th guard on the depth chart becomes the RG.
3. Hoeh decided he can no longer snap the ball with any accuracy.
4. Teams are correctly assuming Evers doesn't want to run (Could be staff told him not to run), so the D is selling out on the RB's and not worrying about Evers as a runner.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can't yet out physical a P4 team, but not like past embarrassments. Better QB play and pass rush would have made the difference.

I don't see why that slow mesh shouldn't be blown up every single time.

If we had P4 resources, I don't think that's a problem.

Still, having the chance to tie or win the game on the last drive is a big improvement over last year. There are 4 winnable games left on the schedule. Go win them and give Cuse a scare and I'll be thrilled with the season.

Reaction Score
Big 12 has to see this 2024 showing by UConn as a worthy improvement. Not saying we deserve an invite THIS summer, but we need to be seriously in the conversation, and the 2031 stuff needs to die next time we come to the table.

If they are still unimpressed, then we are being held to an unfair standard as an indy, that is getting more unfair as each season goes by and the rich get richer.

We hung TOUGH with Duke and WF. Is that Iowa State or BYU? no, but it's absolutely a respectable performance. At this point in the realignment landscape, They cannot expect us to have a 12-0 season like Cincy or UCF shortly before their invites. The tables are too unevenly stacked.

Last edited:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
4. Teams are correctly assuming Evers doesn't want to run (Could be staff told him not to run), so the D is selling out on the RB's and not worrying about Evers as a runner.
In which case we are throwing him out there for developmental purposes. Because if he can't/won't run, he doesn't give us the best chance to win.

Reaction Score
Let's see.

1. Teams are selling out on the outside zone run.
2. Big Ben gets hurt and then his back up gets hurt. So, the starting RG is now the LG and the 4th guard on the depth chart becomes the RG.
3. Hoeh decided he can no longer snap the ball with any accuracy.
If he can’t run, or throw, why is he out there?

Reaction Score
We need to get a good QB from the portal. It will make a giant difference.

Reaction Score
Big 12 has to see this 2024 showing by UConn as a worthy improvement. Not saying we deserve an invite THIS summer, but we need to be seriously in the conversation, and the 2031 stuff needs to die next time we come to the table.

If they are still unimpressed, then we are being held to an unfair standard as an indy, that is getting more unfair as each season goes by and the rich get richer.

We hung TOUGH with Duke and WF. Is that Iowa State or BYU? no, but it's absolutely a respectable performance. At this point in the realignment landscape, They cannot expect us to have a 12-0 season like Cincy or UCF shortly before their invites. The tables are too unevenly stacked.
In the world of CR, hanging tough with duke and wf and a token will get you a subway ride.

Reaction Score
In the world of CR, hanging tough with duke and wf and a token will get you a subway ride.
i get that logic.
Almost any other school, and I'd agree 100%.
But I believe uconn is a unique case in that landscape.
because of our basketball pedigree, and the fact we don't have a huge buyout, i've thought that our football did not need to be in "great" shape, only barely good enough, to be able to make the minimum necessary case to get the invite.

or - I'm full of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom