23 carries for 45 yards | Page 2 | The Boneyard

23 carries for 45 yards

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gordie needs to develop another look and add it to the repertoire. Doesn't have to be fancy — just something that takes advantage of overcompensating for the stretch zone read.
I think the other look that we need to add is using the Tight Ends.

Hansen is open every time he goes down field, and he's got really good hands and size. He showed that on the touchdown play. USE THE TE'S!!!

Reaction Score
He was much improved in the second half, especially the 4th quarter. Had some really great throws. Not sure why he was picking up snaps off his ankles all afternoon.
Saw a lot of improvement in him today.
He really moved the team down the field, even after they lost Big Ben on the line. I’m seeing improvement in this kid almost every game. Didn’t see much today from, Brown, Robinson, Edwards, and Rosa today. It’s like the UConn running attack took a vacation today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn has one of the highest graded O lines in the country and we’re just out on the award list for best O line in the country. It doesn’t matter how good you are if you have a scheme that teams can sell out against to stop and are unable/ incapable of adjusting. We are a stretch zone team, temple exposed us two weeks ago and sammis did nothing to adjust to prevent teams from selling out against it. We actually had success running down hill between the tackles but gave up on it for some reason.
I was saying this in the game chat against Temple: Run between the tackles more because that outside stretch zone is getting snuffed out and stuffed.

Reaction Score
He’s got a live arm, he hasn’t played in a game in 3 years, he got knocked out of 2 games, missed another 2 completely. Maybe next game the running ramps up and the accuracy increases. The staff is committed to him for now. We are getting about what you might expect from Evers. Hopefully he improves week over week.

Reaction Score
He really moved the team down the field, even after they lost Big Ben on the line. I’m seeing improvement in this kid almost every game. Didn’t see much today from, Brown, Robinson, Edwards, and Rosa today. It’s like the UConn running attack took a vacation today.
It took a vacation today because there was no treat in the passing game. If Fagnano is the QB, Uconn had a potential passing threat which in turn opens a ground game. We've seen that already this season. With Evers the offense becomes predictable and limited.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
He threw some beautiful balls today. His issue is consistency.
The other issue is that he has not been a threat to take the top off the defense.

Fagnano will go over the top to Bell - and will once in a while connect. It's enough to keep a defense honest. Don't know if this is an issue with Evers or whether the coaches are hesitant to take training wheels off. Took 12 completions (not sure how many attempts) for him to get to 100 yards yesterday, and that was 1/3 of the way through the third quarter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was saying this in the game chat against Temple: Run between the tackles more because that outside stretch zone is getting snuffed out and stuffed.
That presumes that we are creating holes between the tackles. I'm not sure that that's the case.

Reaction Score
That presumes that we are creating holes between the tackles. I'm not sure that that's the case.
UConn definitely was not creating holes on the outside stretch zone-running that play over and over again was akin to banging your heald against the wall. They had a few in between that tackle runs that worked against Temple or at least did not lose them yardage, but more than anything it would keep the defense honest. Against Wake, it would be tougher to do so after losing Zurowski who is a humongous guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom