23-24’ Huskies roster breakdown by Borges | Page 2 | The Boneyard

23-24’ Huskies roster breakdown by Borges

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I mean you're right that we pared down the rotation in the home stretch of the season (Diarra got cut out, Samson never made it back in after injury, etc.), but also the first 30 games still matter and if Samson didn't get hurt I think we would have played 10 deep for much of the season. The Iowa St, Ok St, etc. games we really wore teams down with our depth. Hurley is going to go with what works, and that worked extremely well last season. We have 10+ really talented guys again this season.

It's very intimidating. I am so glad that DH began to see the wisdom in this and not follow the crowd.
Look at all the quality on this team and what is not seen is the war that goes on in practice every day. Those blowouts in the NCAA tournament are a testament to this wisdom. Huskies run in teams and don't stop running.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I mean you're right that we pared down the rotation in the home stretch of the season (Diarra got cut out, Samson never made it back in after injury, etc.), but also the first 30 games still matter and if Samson didn't get hurt I think we would have played 10 deep for much of the season. The Iowa St, Ok St, etc. games we really wore teams down with our depth. Hurley is going to go with what works, and that worked extremely well last season. We have 10+ really talented guys again this season.
While last years depth was a fast pace three point shooting bananza, I think this years depth is a lot more athletic and will also be able to run guys off the court. And maybe still fill it up from three if Ball, Ross, Stewart, and Samson are ready to go from there. Can expect a lot of energy and defense I feel from them and Diarra.

I don’t expect anyone to be able to shoot like Joey C though he was different. 50% during non conference is just insane. 9-20 during the tournament too so basically 50%.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some may say diarra. Aside from scoring he played solid pg minutes. A poor man’s taliek. And from The City of course.
It's probably Castle. We're taking it as a given that he'll be great, but freshmen are going to be up and down. Need him to really lock in and be consistent by February. Similar to what we saw from Alex last year. Ultimately, he ended up being our X factor.

Reaction Score
It's probably Castle. We're taking it as a given that he'll be great, but freshmen are going to be up and down. Need him to really lock in and be consistent by February. Similar to what we saw from Alex last year. Ultimately, he ended up being our X factor.

I would have agreed a month ago, but Newton and Spencer give him a much bigger freshman handicap than before.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That and fouling guards/wings. I’m sure the staff is working on him playing hands up D against them not swinging at everything. He can still fingertip block stuff and alter shots without swatting at them. Once that arm is in motion, easy for a player to move into the path. We didn’t care if he picked up fouls last year. Different now.
Confused - HH are you talking about HD here or DC? As I recall, HD's defense was fairly spot on and consistent.
Pretty sure Diesel was commenting on HD's foul shooting and your reply was centered on DC?

Reaction Score
Will be curious to see who "surprises" us the most this year out of Singare/Stewart/Ross.. I'll take a contrarian view with Singare.. Stewart and Ross will be solid in their minutes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Confused - HH are you talking about HD here or DC? As I recall, HD's defense was fairly spot on and consistent.
Pretty sure Diesel was commenting on HD's foul shooting and your reply was centered on DC?
I'm talking about DC. Thought he was talking about Donovan's foul shooting. Neither is good at it I guess.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I would have agreed a month ago, but Newton and Spencer give him a much bigger freshman handicap than before.
Yeah, but I still think he's the difference between being good and being really good.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Some may say diarra. Aside from scoring he played solid pg minutes. A poor man’s taliek. And from The City of course.
I think Diarra plays a bigger role then expected, but doesn't make or break our success. However, I do believe our success this year is very contingent on Samson's ability to back up the 5 and give us meaningful minutes as our primary backup big. Obviously doesn't have to be Clingan from last year, but his role is crucial especially if Singare is nowhere near ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom