22-8 & 13-6 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

22-8 & 13-6

Reaction Score
You can look up what "fact" means! How about ask your question for your reasoning to say "huh" and I can give you an answer

It’s a dumb comment by you meant to downplay UConns success.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have been hard on this team, me included, but this is about in-line with expectations for this season. So far it has definitely been a success. I'll take #3 in the big east and what will hopefully be at worst a 5 seed. That's a really solid year, and if we can make it to the second weekend, anything else is gravy. I'm just concerned that some of our deficiences might hurt us in the BET and NCAAs.
I am more optomistic that our strengths might help us. The team is clicking on most cylinders. Sanogo is a mismatch down low, Jackson is playing more in control, Polley is starting to hit from 3. This is a well balanced team that can win multiple ways. That should translate to success in a tournament. I get concerned about teams that are one diminesional. UConn clearly is not.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
They are solid, competitive team with some weaknesses that Hurley really struggles to manage at times. I can see this team taking down a top 10 on any day, but sustained high level play against a series of high quality teams is a very tall order.
We shall see.

The tourney is, after all, a series of 3 2-game, single elimination, weekend tournaments.

Lots can happen.

Reaction Score
Regarding the resume - we have wins against teams missing key players. We also have losses missing some key Huskies. Overall a solid resume and I think we will, at worst, be a 6 seed. Very satisfying to have a 20 win regular season again.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Outside of the Auburn win (who was missing a key player), the Nova win at home was only really good win. We did not do anything else away from home that was impressive. Ijs

Lol congrats on the worst dislike ratio I've seen on the yard to-date. Truly impressive.

And to follow up with multiple desperation posts to try to defend your innane stance. *chefs kiss

No more feeding the trolls, guys.

Reaction Score
Lol congrats on the worst dislike ratio I've seen on the yard to-date. Truly impressive.

And to follow up with multiple desperation posts to try to defend your innane stance. *chefs kiss

No more feeding the trolls, guys.
Wrong assumption. Not trying to defend myself lol. Only responding to those that required one.

This team is good but not great or "impressive". Still inconsistent to close out games and the lack of depth can be a problem. The fact that i read some of you are so afraid to play Nova before facing Providence makes my statement supported. Let's not be afraid to play anyone.

Reaction Score
Given the last few years and the struggles of the football team - I'm more than happy to accept a few seasons where we just finish 3rd in the Big East and top 20 nationally.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wrong assumption. Not trying to defend myself lol. Only responding to those that required one.

This team is good but not great or "impressive". Still inconsistent to close out games and the lack of depth can be a problem. The fact that i read some of you are so afraid to play Nova before facing Providence makes my statement supported. Let's not be afraid to play anyone.
You have 1/3 of the posts in this thread. That looks pretty defensive. I thought maybe you'd sleep it off. I guess not.

We are a flawed team, but with very few exceptions so are most this season; we are very impressive in some aspects and less impressive in others. As even our coach recognizes, we are not skilled enough to win at this point without playing "maniacally hard," and that has to be our calling card, in the hopes that our more impressive attributes (e.g., rebounding, defense, fast breaks) outweigh our less impressive ones (e.g., shooting, back court depth).

The point most are making is that our trajectory continues to be on the rise and we have reason to feel optimistic about both the short and long term futures of our program.

If you don't want to feel optimistic, that's on you. Half-empty vs. half-full.

Reaction Score
if we had bouk and played providence twice we couldve went 29-2 (losses would be to Baylor and @ Villanova) and we'd be a top 5 team, still we did well this year, and a BET championship will satisfy everyone

Reaction Score
You have 1/3 of the posts in this thread. That looks pretty defensive. I thought maybe you'd sleep it off. I guess not.

We are a flawed team, but with very few exceptions so are most this season; we are very impressive in some aspects and less impressive in others. As even our coach recognizes, we are not skilled enough to win at this point without playing "maniacally hard," and that has to be our calling card, in the hopes that our more impressive attributes (e.g., rebounding, defense, fast breaks) outweigh our less impressive ones (e.g., shooting, back court depth).

The point most are making is that our trajectory continues to be on the rise and we have reason to feel optimistic about both the short and long term futures of our program.

If you don't want to feel optimistic, that's on you. Half-empty vs. half-full.
I respect your response. You were the only one to make valid points that i can not challenge! I'm always up for a debate and will digress to a respectful response whether I agree or disagree.

Reaction Score
You’re a bad troll
I'm sure I've probably spent more on supporting Uconn then you. I have a 4 year degree from Uconn, have been to many games and paid top $ for only the best seats. Lastly, I made my financial donations when I wanted. I am also friends with some former well known players.

None of this really matters to you but I'm entitled to my opinion. But a troll I am not

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I respect your response. You were the only one to make valid points that i can not challenge! I'm always up for a debate and will digress to a respectful response whether I agree or disagree.
Two other things to feel good about imo:

First, with the three seed in the BET we get to play a team that is coming off a game the day before. That should help our chances.

Second, I think we have a greater chance to win two or more games in the NCAAs than we do in the BET because the BE teams are much more familiar with us and how to exploit our weaknesses and limit our strengths. The book on us is fairly well known and easy to read, but I think a lot of teams that haven't played us will be overwhelmed, at least initially, by the likes of AJax and Sanogo.

pj

Reaction Score
I am more optomistic that our strengths might help us. The team is clicking on most cylinders. Sanogo is a mismatch down low, Jackson is playing more in control, Polley is starting to hit from 3. This is a well balanced team that can win multiple ways. That should translate to success in a tournament. I get concerned about teams that are one diminesional. UConn clearly is not.

They might do better in the NCAAs because the refs will have less familiarity with Hurley, and won't blow the whistle as much. Hope for the West region.

Reaction Score
Two other things to feel good about imo:

First, with the three seed in the BET we get to play a team that is coming off a game the day before. That should help our chances.

Second, I think we have a greater chance to win two or more games in the NCAAs than we do in the BET because the BE teams are much more familiar with us and how to exploit our weaknesses and limit our strengths. The book on us is fairly well known and easy to read, but I think a lot of teams that haven't played us will be overwhelmed, at least initially, by the likes of AJax and Sanogo.
Agreed

Reaction Score
Regarding the resume - we have wins against teams missing key players. We also have losses missing some key Huskies. Overall a solid resume and I think we will, at worst, be a 6 seed. Very satisfying to have a 20 win regular season again.
This is right, at this point we've locked in a better result than last year, even with the departure of Bouknight. Definitely a season to be proud of.

Now the question is can we take the next step to postseason success?

Reaction Score
I'm sure I've probably spent more on supporting Uconn then you. I have a 4 year degree from Uconn, have been to many games and paid top $ for only the best seats. Lastly, I made my financial donations when I wanted. I am also friends with some former well known players.

None of this really matters to you but I'm entitled to my opinion. But a troll I am not
I bet you have never been invited to the same watch party more than once.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
Strong season. I enjoyed this team a lot. 22-8 is a nice record. We should be a 4 or 5 seed depending on our BET showing. The last natty came as a 7. It’s been said a few times but how quickly people forget where things were when DH got here still amazes. Be thankful for upward trajectory.

Reaction Score
Strong season. I enjoyed this team a lot. 22-8 is a nice record. We should be a 4 or 5 seed depending on our BET showing. The last natty came as a 7. It’s been said a few times but how quickly people forget where things were when DH got here still amazes. Be thankful for upward trajectory.

Exactly.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Some of y’all will complain to the death about Creighton having our number but I’d like to shout out a really impressive regular season.

Losing the #11 pick in the last NBA draft and not gaining much in terms of freshmen contribution is unarguably a credit to DH and the staff

Let’s do work @ MSG
I'll be doing my best

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Outside of the Auburn win (who was missing a key player), the Nova win at home was only really good win. We did not do anything else away from home that was impressive. Ijs
My God, it's the body of work. They're respected by every ranking known to mankind, every opponent and even Vegas

The entire conference is tough save for maybe two teams. 7 of 11 are presently in the dance, although I think it's 6. We're the three seed in a seven bid conference

What's wrong with our fan base? Can we see the forrest through the trees? Learn to enjoy the ride for Heaven's sake.

Reaction Score

Being a troll or not doesn't have anything to do with your support of the team. If you're posting to attract flaming from the message board, you're trolling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom