22-23 Non-Conference Schedule | The Boneyard

22-23 Non-Conference Schedule

Reaction Score
Very cool to finally see the dates. I was thinking this is the hardest out of conference schedule for Paige's class. But the first year was tough but just got impacted by COVID. Even last year was tough, but it's all fuzzy because of all the injuries. Im a Northeastern alumni but even I'm surprised they are on the schedule. Im a bit surprised the Texas game is on a Monday, during MNF season. I kinda wanted to go to that one. But I like being tested right away. I also hope the Tennessee game is February for one of our last big test before the tourney

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I hadn't previously heard of a Princeton game. Had this been announced?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I hadn't previously heard of a Princeton game. Had this been announced?
No. We did expect 2 additional games to be announced but didn’t know the opponents. Now we know — Northeastern and Princeton.

No announcement yet on the opponents in Portland — will be 2 of Duke, Iowa and Oregon State. Iowa would seem to be a certainty.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
That is an impressive schedule for November and December. Between November 14 and December 18, 34 days, there are 8 games against quality opponents, including three flights (one to Oregon), plus exams.

They will need to hit the ground running. It is a schedule worthy of a high quality, experienced veteran team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing you can say about Geno that you cannot say about most other coaches... is that he schedules a rough and tough season... Princeton and Northeastern I think should be easy.... but the others are going to be really tough games. I hope our players stay healthy and go with their game faces on...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don’t think Princeton will be that easy.

A very tough OOC schedule. And, as we all know, Villanova made it to the S16 last season (Seigrist is back) and Creighton made it to the elite 8. DePaul with Morrow should be pretty good.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Princeton will be that easy.

A very tough OOC schedule. And, as we all know, Villanova made it to the S16 last season (Seigrist is back) and Creighton made it to the elite 8. DePaul with Morrow should be pretty good.
The best news is the Huskies can play 40 games this year should they make it to the National Finals: 11 OOC, 20 Conference games, + 3 BE tourney, + 6 in the NCAAs...

Time to get healthy AND Strong(er)...

As Geno said, "Get to the weight room!" [and repeat as many times as can be achieved....]

Can't wait to see AP apply her strength in the Paint on 11/10/22 vs. NE-ern

Reaction Score
Maryland wont be stiff with the amount of talent they lost . Princeton lost its best player to Maryland. Northeasten....hmmm ND , Texas , SC , Tennessee , NC state should be 5 quality OOC games that we must win .

Reaction Score
When do tickets usually go on sale for away games? Trying to bring my 6 year old to the ND game for her 1st bball game

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maryland wont be stiff with the amount of talent they lost . Princeton lost its best player to Maryland. Northeasten....hmmm ND , Texas , SC , Tennessee , NC state should be 5 quality OOC games that we must win .
Iowa and Duke/Oregon State in the Oregon tournament. Iowa will be top 10.

Creme had Princeton preseason #23

23. Princeton Tigers

Even with the loss of Ivy League Player of the Year Abby Myers, the Tigers' string of four consecutive regular season championships should grow. With a pair of top-50 recruits on the way, coach Carla Berube might have an even better team over the next few years. Local New Jersey prep stars 6-4 Tabitha Amanze and 5-10 Madison St. Rose will join four returning starters on a team that hasn't lost a league game in two years.

Reaction Score
Will have to make sure to catch when the Maryland game tickets go on sale as quickly as possible. They will go fast. Maryland won't be a cakewalk in College Park.

The last time they played in College Park was the Katie Lou barf bucket game. I was at the end of the floor behind the back board stanchion. Hope to get better seats this time around.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When do tickets usually go on sale for away games? Trying to bring my 6 year old to the ND game for her 1st bball game
Get them hooked on WBB early and they will become fans for life. We’re taking our 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter to a NBA Summer League game in Las Vegas next week along with an Aces game. Hoping to finally meet MSGRET while we're there.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
The first chance to see the Huskies in action is scheduled for Nov. 6 in an exhibition game against Kutztown in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Will have to make sure to catch when the Maryland game tickets go on sale as quickly as possible. They will go fast. Maryland won't be a cakewalk in College Park.

The last time they played in College Park was the Katie Lou barf bucket game. I was at the end of the floor behind the back board stanchion. Hope to get better seats this time around.
I think it will ....Maryland literally lost its entire starting 5 from last season lol

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Hard to know what to expect from Maryland. The Terps lost a lot to the portal but they are bringing in some talented transfers (Briggs, Meyers, Pinzan, Alexander). Returning player Diamond Miller is very talented but also coming off knee surgery. Sellers will also be back. The Terps won't have size but will create some match-up problems depending on Miller's recovery. The Terps will not be pushovers.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Days of the week for the games we know . . .

Nov 10 Northeastern -- Thursday night
Nov 14 Texas -- Monday night (guessing Gampel and FS1)
Nov 20 NC State -- Sunday (FS1)
Nov 25-27 -- 2 of Iowa/Duke/Oregon State over Thanksgiving weekend (Fri and Sunday? on ESPN family)
Dec 4 @ Notre Dame -- Sunday (ESPN family)
Dec 8 Princeton -- Thursday (likely Gampel/SNY)
Dec 11 @ Maryland -- Sunday (ESPN family)
Dec 18 Florida State -- Sunday (ESPN family)
Feb 5 South Carolina -- Sunday (likely XL and on Fox)
TBA @ Tennessee -- ESPN family

Reaction Score
Who will NC St bring back? They lost Cunane and Perez. Will Crutchfield return? Boyd, Brown-Turner, and Diamond Johnson is a solid core. Hobby at C is going to be a challenge for them.

ND could be really tough. They lose Maya Dodson, but pick up Lauren Ebo, whose not quite as athletic in the post. But they return all the other starters, I think. Westbeld is solid. And the trio of Miles, Mabrey, and Citron at guard is only going to be that much better.

I have no idea what to expect from Texas. They lost a lot of key players, but Harmon and Matharu [is Allen-Taylor back?] at guard are a core to build around. The question is whether Lattimore can step up in the post. If Moore and Holley and Gaston step up, too, they'll be longer than they were last year.

Tennessee will be a surprise, no matter what happens. Can Jordan Horston be the glue for the team if Keyen Green doesn't come back? They're one of those teams that plays tall and slow, and a great opposing point guard is their nemesis.

Of course, SC is the real test in this list, and I'm sure we're all waiting for Feb 5th with bated breath. What an awesome date -- both teams will be at their best, assuming no injuries.

Princeton could be the real wild card in this schedule. They've always been giant killers.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Who will NC St bring back? They lost Cunane and Perez. Will Crutchfield return? Boyd, Brown-Turner, and Diamond Johnson is a solid core. Hobby at C is going to be a challenge for them.

ND could be really tough. They lose Maya Dodson, but pick up Lauren Ebo, whose not quite as athletic in the post. But they return all the other starters, I think. Westbeld is solid. And the trio of Miles, Mabrey, and Citron at guard is only going to be that much better.

I have no idea what to expect from Texas. They lost a lot of key players, but Harmon and Matharu [is Allen-Taylor back?] at guard are a core to build around. The question is whether Lattimore can step up in the post. If Moore and Holley and Gaston step up, too, they'll be longer than they were last year.

Tennessee will be a surprise, no matter what happens. Can Jordan Horston be the glue for the team if Keyen Green doesn't come back? They're one of those teams that plays tall and slow, and a great opposing point guard is their nemesis.

Of course, SC is the real test in this list, and I'm sure we're all waiting for Feb 5th with bated breath. What an awesome date -- both teams will be at their best, assuming no injuries.

Princeton could be the real wild card in this schedule. They've always been giant killers.
Hmmm

Crutchfield will not be back. Boyd and Brown-Turner will return. Transfers in include Mimi Collins, Saniya Rivers and River Baldwin. NC State is also pursuing BYU transfer Shaylee Gonzales as it seems Wes prefers Diamond Johnson off the ball.

Saying Ebo is not quite as athletic as Dodson is quite an understatement.

Allen-Taylor is not back. Lattimore is not back (transferred out). Holley? Shay Holle is a 6-0 guard.

Keyen Green is done at Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Very cool to finally see the dates. I was thinking this is the hardest out of conference schedule for Paige's class. But the first year was tough but just got impacted by COVID. Even last year was tough, but it's all fuzzy because of all the injuries. Im a Northeastern alumni but even I'm surprised they are on the schedule. Im a bit surprised the Texas game is on a Monday, during MNF season. I kinda wanted to go to that one. But I like being tested right away. I also hope the Tennessee game is February for one of our last big test before the tourney
I was interested to see the Northeastern game on the schedule too, since I'm an alumni of NU as well. Reggie Lewis, what a player. I always hoped the men's teams would play some day, but the women beat them to it. Hoping the NU Huskies play Paige and the gang tough...

Reaction Score
Shay Holle is a 6-0 guard.

Keyen Green is done at Tennessee.
Shay Holle is listed sometimes at 6'1". Either way, she'd be one of the taller players on the squad. Last year, other than Ebo and Lattimore, the team was all under 6'0". Did you have some other insight into her? Without even Lattimore, they'll be undersized again, I suspect.

I did forget about Sonya Morris. She was a star at DePaul. I wonder if she can bring something special to Texas.

I'm sorry to hear about Keyen Green. She seemed to be the heart of Tennessee last year, before the injury.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Cool!!! I want to see Duke this year and their new freshman sensation Ashlon Jackson from Sour Lake Texas (Hardin-Jefferson HS). During her high school freshman year, she had hopes of coming to UConn. But 3 years later with our highly/uber talented guard roster such as it is, she didn't see much light at the end of THAT tunnel, thus she made the wise decision to go else where. Kara recruited her hard. I think she's a great fit at Duke. She can play. I predict she'll be one of the top 5 guards in the country her senior year. I'd like to see UConn play Duke in the preseason every other year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom