2026 World Cup | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2026 World Cup

Reaction Score
Hmmm interesting read. And a couple of shots at Obama. I really don't think the President has that much say/sway.

I don’t either. You get such a bigger scale in terms of profit in North America. The 48 team WC is a cash grab.

In the future I think we will see lots of multi-nation bids.

To me the 32 team WC is perfect. I am skeptical but open minded about about the new format.

Reaction Score
I don’t either. You get such a bigger scale in terms of profit in North America. The 48 team WC is a cash grab.

In the future I think we will see lots of multi-nation bids.

To me the 32 team WC is perfect. I am skeptical but open minded about about the new format.

Both bringing in teams who don't need to be there and shortening the pool play from 3 games to 2 are bad developments for the game. They just are. Future World Cups will not be as good as they presently are.

But, at least in the short term until people come to realize the product is diluted and aren't as interested, they will produce more revenue and that is the name of the game.

Reaction Score
Both bringing in teams who don't need to be there and shortening the pool play from 3 games to 2 are bad developments for the game. They just are. Future World Cups will not be as good as they presently are.

But, at least in the short term until people come to realize the product is diluted and aren't as interested, they will produce more revenue and that is the name of the game.

Which sucks because Champions League is gaining on the WC in terms of being the top event in the sport.

Qatar will be in the winter which will disrupt the club schedule significantly.

So basically this is the last “normal” World Cup.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Which sucks because Champions League is gaining on the WC in terms of being the top event in the sport.

Qatar will be in the winter which will disrupt the club schedule significantly.

So basically this is the last “normal” World Cup.
Hope its a good one.

Reaction Score
Think that referee gives Egypt that penalty in a 1-goal game? Doubtful!

And what a weird Poland-Senegal game. Senegal scores on the classic 'NHL penalty over, player skates out of the box breakaway' kinda thing. Weird the refs let him back on the field with possession in doubt.

Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea when (20 minutes) the ticket applications/lottery opens up? I'm way too excited about this WC coming to north america and am already trying to figure out how to take 3-4 weeks off and travel around to as many games as possible.

Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea when (20 minutes) the ticket applications/lottery opens up? I'm way too excited about this WC coming to north america and am already trying to figure out how to take 3-4 weeks off and travel around to as many games as possible.
In the past it has been after the World Cup Draw when teams and dates have been confirmed. 2026 could be different though with 3 hosts and more regional scheduling. But I agree, if I could put down a deposit now for the NY/Boston/Philly/DC games I would haha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom