2025 UConn Football Commit - Jordan Rich (Plantation, Florida) | The Boneyard

2025 UConn Football Commit - Jordan Rich (Plantation, Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder how much focus coaches at schools like UConn try to leverage these dual sport guys as a way of getting better players. Does anyone know if the Alabama/Clemson types school would be more or less hesitant to allow these guys to play multiple sports? I will take anything and everything said in response as 100% facts. So thanks in advance.

Reaction Score

-> "It’s always been a dream of mine to play both baseball and football at the college level and UConn allowed me to do that," Rich told The UConn Report. "Also the coaching staff just welcomed me and treated me like it was home. <-

Obviously, I hope he stars for both programs, but I hope we become known as a school that allows this regularly. We could get some really good players that the more semi-pro institutions would force to specialize. Also, cross-training is usually better for both mind and body.

Reaction Score
Track is the sport that lends itself best to dual sporting with FB due to the individual nature of practices.

OJ Simpson and Earl McCullough members of USC world record shuttle hurdles team(low hurdles)
Willie Gault world class hurdler, Tennessee
Art Monk did Track and FB at Syacuse(NYS hs record holder HH)
The U had 4 guys at once do both when they joined the Big East, Horace Copeland, Kevin Williams, Santana Moss. Copeland won 4 events at BE
The list goes on and on, Coach Prime was fascinating, great Baseball/Football at Fla State, AND ran as part of their 4x100 relay that was national class!!

At UConn Coach Kashif Moore was part of a very accomplished group of sprinters.

Reaction Score
Obviously, I hope he stars for both programs, but I hope we become known as a school that allows this regularly. We could get some really good players that the more semi-pro institutions would force to specialize. Also, cross-training is usually better for both mind and body.

A lot of sports science people think that the reason injuries keep going up is due to sports specialization. There are so many little stabilizing muscles that don't get stronger when you are doing single sport specialization. We should be encouraging more of this, especially at the youth level

Reaction Score
A lot of sports science people think that the reason injuries keep going up is due to sports specialization. There are so many little stabilizing muscles that don't get stronger when you are doing single sport specialization. We should be encouraging more of this, especially at the youth level
I teach high school. I see many repetitive stress injuries that cut kids’ athletic careers short. I also see emotional burnout. Has been driven by the for-profit travel teams that brainwash kids that they have to specialize in order to get their college subsidized. Happy to report, though, that the trend may finally be slowing/reversing, at least at my school.

Reaction Score
Brian Herosian and Keith Kraham were all Yankee Conference in both football & baseball in the early '70's. Classmate Jim Jachym was on the basketball team and was a star pitcher on Larry Panciera's CWS team in 1972. John Crisp was a baseball and football player a couple years earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom