2025 UConn Football Commit - Jordan Rich (Plantation, Florida) - Decommit 7/25/24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 UConn Football Commit - Jordan Rich (Plantation, Florida) - Decommit 7/25/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"It’s always been a dream of mine to play both baseball and football at the college level and UConn allowed me to do that," Rich told The UConn Report. "Also the coaching staff just welcomed me and treated me like it was home. <-
WOW Jordan, the best of both worlds. Welcome and you will have a wonderful experience with tutelage from both Jim Mora and Jim Penders. Both two of the best in the business. They are both on the same page and will guide your future on what is best for you in the future. Welcome and you will be followed on both the grid iron and the ball field.

Reaction Score
Brian Herosian and Keith Kraham were all Yankee Conference in both football & baseball in the early '70's. Classmate Jim Jachym was on the basketball team and was a star pitcher on Larry Panciera's CWS team in 1972. John Crisp was a baseball and football player a couple years earlier.
It was said that Herosian would have been the best defensive player on the basketball team.

Reaction Score
Dual sport athletes are always a long shot for one of the sports. In this case it was FB, with Scott Burrel it was baseball(and maybe FB!)

In Scotts case, many thought his best future was in Baseball

Reaction Score
Aww that sucks. He's got a good head on his shoulders to make a big decision like that. Maybe we can get him with the baseball team so he's still a Husky.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Good for him on deciding this now and not waiting and putting himself and UConn in a tough spot a year from now or after he arrives on campus.

I wonder if this is at all related to the expansion of available scholarships for baseball. Before the change this week, he may have only been able to get a partial scholarship from baseball and needed the football end to get a full ride. But now with the expansion of full-ride scholarship available across college baseball, he now is able to get the full ride from baseball alone and doesn't need the football side to get a completely free scholarship offer.

Maybe not, but the timing of the decision and the rule change made me think it may be a possibility.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the new scholarship rules pushed this.

So many more full scholarships out there now, he also might be a draft pick out of high school.

So, I don’t think he can risk football injury for baseball. Wonder if he is going to even play high school.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Admirable and quite mature to make this decision. Also hurts less than just going somewhere else.
This was my thought as well. He didn't decommit and go somewhere else. That's a good sign. I wish him the best in his baseball career!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom