2025 UConn Football Commit - Axavier Bridges-Brooks (Keyser, West Virginia) | The Boneyard

2025 UConn Football Commit - Axavier Bridges-Brooks (Keyser, West Virginia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Majority of his offers came in 2023, but Tennessee did offer back in April of this year. Still impressive, but the added context is needed.
Can we let Mora do the recruiting, not who offered as the cross check?

Reaction Score
Majority of his offers came in 2023, but Tennessee did offer back in April of this year. Still impressive, but the added context is needed.
I guess I missed the meaning of the added context. He's not as hot as thought, some offers were probably "soft", Tennessee offer in April is proof he is still hot or proof that since only Tennessee offered lately he isn't hot?
2023 offers for 2025 recruit by Oregon and Penn State seems like a big deal, seems like I am missing something related to timing as thought early recruiting by these guys would be for top tier potential kids and getting offers later would mean they struck out on their 1st choices.
My usual concern on this type of players picking UConn this early is will someone else bring P4 status (seems like he already could have done that) or a big bag (could still happen) and get him to change his mind.

Reaction Score
I guess I missed the meaning of the added context. He's not as hot as thought, some offers were probably "soft", Tennessee offer in April is proof he is still hot or proof that since only Tennessee offered lately he isn't hot?
2023 offers for 2025 recruit by Oregon and Penn State seems like a big deal, seems like I am missing something related to timing as thought early recruiting by these guys would be for top tier potential kids and getting offers later would mean they struck out on their 1st choices.
My usual concern on this type of players picking UConn this early is will someone else bring P4 status (seems like he already could have done that) or a big bag (could still happen) and get him to change his mind.

The context I was trying to add was that the majority of his high major/P4 offers came before his junior season, meaning those types of schools either cooled on the recruit or filled spots that would have been available at his position.

Still seems like a massive get for UConn if they're able to hold onto his verbal and get him to sign on the dotted line come December.

edit my comments are also not meant to discredit the young man and his ability. For all we know he may simply be looking for the best situation for himself to get on the field and play as early as possible.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
edit my comments are also not meant to discredit the young man and his ability. For all we know he may simply be looking for the best situation for himself to get on the field and play as early as possible.
That is the problem in today’s easy transfer world, especially for programs like ours. Hope to get on the field relatively faster than elsewhere with an eye on moving on to somewhere higher up the food chain. If kids like this produce good results for us, how many will stick around to solidify the program? I would hate to see us just being a feeder.

Reaction Score
That is the problem in today’s easy transfer world, especially for programs like ours. Hope to get on the field relatively faster than elsewhere with an eye on moving on to somewhere higher up the food chain. If kids like this produce good results for us, how many will stick around to solidify the program? I would hate to see us just being a feeder.
Everyone is a feeder, until they're a winner.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Everyone is a feeder, until they're a winner.
The transfer rules are way, way too permissive. And actually, winners are reverse feeders. Guys can’t see the field they look elsewhere. Some sort of contract system, maybe minimum 2 years. Professional sports have no such things as perpetual free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom