2025 Recruiting: Tounde Yessoufou | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Tounde Yessoufou

Reaction Score
WOW. It’s literally amazing all the 5 star interest. Gotten to the point where when I see a 4 star offered, I yawn. But I hope we still keep getting the right mix of one- n- dones and developmental talent

we be rollin

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
WOW. It’s literally amazing all the 5 star interest. Gotten to the point where when I see a 4 star offered, I yawn. But I hope we still keep getting the right mix of one- n- dones and developmental talent

we be rollin

#ArrogantandSpoiled

Reaction Score
Looks like he's listed as Cheikh Yessoufou on the EYBL site.
That was very confusing when I looked last week, because there were mentions of both names and both were listed as wearing #24 so I assumed they were one and the same. Then, I stumbled on different stats for Cheikh and Tounde. I tend to think it is still 1 person who may have been listed differently by name in certain events and thus the stats aren't merged. (Like listing Boogie Ellis on 1 lineup card, and a true birth certificate name the next week)

Reaction Score
I don't know much about him, but I'd be kind of surprised if we seriously pursued him.

Super talented though. I like his game.

Reaction Score
I've seen Tounde play a number of times in his HS career. Dazzling athlete, capable of being a great defender. Shot selection could use work, but when he's on, he's REALLY ON!.

Reason I say "Capable of being a great defender" is because he's not always fully engaged. But when he IS, watch out!

And, of course, there's this highlight from his first game as a freshman...

Reaction Score
I wasn't there for that dunk, I've only occasionally seen him play when St. Joseph came up north from Santa Maria, on the coast not too far from Santa Barbara.

I have also seen a few people question his age... I have no idea re: that.

Just now, I looked that up, it says he turns 18 in May. That's from FIBA.

I've never talked to him, but I have heard is is a super-nice, friendly, polite kid. What I've seen with my own eyes, he always seems to be smiling and laughing when mobbed for autographs before and after games.

Reaction Score
247 says he’s a 6’5 PF? Anyone seen him play?

He's a versatile player (see my posts just above yours), can play the 2, 3, and 4 at the HS level, but I'd be pretty surprised if he went to a major college and played the 4. He's pretty much the same size as he was as a freshman, maybe half an inch and 10-15 pounds more muscle at most. Some places list him at 6'6"... but that might be a bit hopeful.

Reaction Score
recruitment/

UConn: “Back-to-back champions is amazing [to see]. Coach [Hurley] has been doing a great job out there and I’m looking forward to visiting the campus and building our relationship. I’ve talked to him [Hurley] a few times and we’re hopping on a Zoom call today [Monday]. They tell me to keep playing hard and [they] love what I do.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Brick. House.

No idea what his 'position' is, but he looks like a tough matchup for most players. Intrigued by this one. Anyone have shooting numbers?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom