2025 Recruiting Targets? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting Targets?

Reaction Score
It’s so obvious the change these championships have brought. Kids are lining up to visit. In the past there was interest and some visits, but the success is downright selling itself.
2 titles, 3 lottery picks in 2 years, 6 players drafted in 2 years, and Danny being the Lakers’ and LeBron’s first choice to coach there will do that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s so obvious the change these championships have brought. Kids are lining up to visit. In the past there was interest and some visits, but the success is downright selling itself.
This might be the first year ever that I actually expect UConn to sign some top guys instead of really wishing for it to happen.

awy

Reaction Score
I think a lot of the decisions behind the scenes are made with the input of agencies, who steer guys to places that can build them up for good second contracts, that's when they make all the money. UConn rep amongst nba circles is extremely high as a value add org.

Reaction Score
"The tricky thing for us is you don't want that to have a negative effect, in terms of start taking players that don't fit you the same way," Hurley noted. "You've got greater access and there's a lot more excitement on the other end of text messages and phone calls, but we've got to get the players that are good for us."

Alternate access:

Could UConn men's basketball players ever join forces on an NBA team, similar to 'Nova Knicks'?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This might be the first year ever that I actually expect UConn to sign some top guys instead of really wishing for it to happen.
Just prior to reading your posts I thought to myself that fans and coaches of other programs, including blue bloods, upon learning a top player they are recruiting is taking a UConn visit must be expressing in their dragon undies the same exclamations I used to but no longer make.

Reaction Score
Just prior to reading your posts I thought to myself that fans and coaches of other programs, including blue bloods, upon learning a top player they are recruiting is taking a UConn visit must be expressing in their dragon undies the same exclamations I used to but no longer make.
We are a Blue Blood Program. Let's just end that discussion and move on

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"The tricky thing for us is you don't want that to have a negative effect, in terms of start taking players that don't fit you the same way," Hurley noted. "You've got greater access and there's a lot more excitement on the other end of text messages and phone calls, but we've got to get the players that are good for us."

Alternate access:

Could UConn men's basketball players ever join forces on an NBA team, similar to 'Nova Knicks'?

If anyone perhaps the coachs/GM who drafted Cam (Grizzley's) who were hoping that either Cam or Jaylen Wells would be left in the second round and found not one but both available they were ecstatic. They liked their all in all the time attitudes and how they see in them what they are trying to build (atmosphere/culture).

Reaction Score
I started being a UConn fan in the early 2010s and admittedly I didn't start closely following recruiting until the 2016 class, so my memory is pretty limited here But this isn't normal, right?

I can't remember a time where we had so much top talent wanting to visit at once. A top 10 ranked 5 star guard with several crystal balls by July 1 and more top 50 recruits than we can even take wanting to visit. I know there's so much work behind the scenes that we don't see, but barely any of these feel like the full court press that we've put on before

Who's visited or has something scheduled already? Top 10 Thomas, top 5 Acuff, top 25 Bundalo, top 25 Mullins, top 20 Adams, top 35 Lewis.....

Reaction Score
I started being a UConn fan in the early 2010s and admittedly I didn't start closely following recruiting until the 2016 class, so my memory is pretty limited here But this isn't normal, right?
This is manifestly not normal. Even at the height of Calhoun's recruiting prowess (2005-2011) we weren't getting this many high-level visits.

Reaction Score
This is manifestly not normal. Even at the height of Calhoun's recruiting prowess (2005-2011) we weren't getting this many high-level visits.
We weren’t even making top 4-8 lists for the top guys. It feels like almost a foregone conclusion that we’ll be in the top few for a guy we’re going all in on now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We are a Blue Blood Program. Let's just end that discussion and move on
I agree and have enjoyed pointing it out in several recent posts. And because I thought it is now universally understood that UConn is a blue blood, by not only UConn fans, but the media and fans throughout the college basketball universe I thought it was redundant to write “including other blue bloods”. So I intentionally didn’t include the word “other”.

Our status at this point is a given. What is now becoming apparent is we could be leaping over those other blue bloods in the ability to get desired recruits. And that moves us up in the ranking of blue bloods.

As a fan before we joined the BE, and having endured our position as the weakest team in the conference in those early years (we we’re equivalent to what DePaul is now back then), I could not have imagined we would ever elevate the program to where it is now.

I would have been thrilled if a time traveler buoyed my spirits by telling me someday we would beat Georgetown. Actually I would have dismissed that individual as a time traveler with that statement.

Can you imagine what I would have thought of him if he listed the accomplishments we were going to have in the BE or that we were going to win six national championships under three different coaches while being in three different conferences (yes I am distinguishing the new BE from the prior iteration) with back to back championships?

Probably the same thing you would think if I told you I know with absolute certainty the UConn football team is going to win a national championship in the future. That’s the equivalent degree of trajectory the bb program has risen from those first days of our joining the OBE to now.

I can clearly remember my thoughts and emotions back then. The excitement getting new recruits, the hopes of improvement, and the dashing of those hopes when the season ended.

I’m sure there are others besides myself who have to pinch themselves to make sure this is reality and we are not dreaming. Correction. We would know we are not dreaming. None of us could possibly have that degree of imagination!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Past tense. This is the new normal. As long as DH is here anyway.

pj

Reaction Score
Hurley is playing a positionless style of basketball that the NBA wants, teaching elite players to be good teammates and do-it-all defenders, rebounders, passer-distributors, three-level shooters, ball-handlers, cutters, screeners. And the prospects are seeing that he's getting his guys NBA contracts and lifting their standing far above their recruiting ranking. Plus we play a beautiful style of basketball, and win. And our NIL is competitive. What's not to like?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom