2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Reaction Score
Starting the second half off with a bang and Hamby federal lawsuit against the Aces

x.com

I understand Hamby's allegations and her legal grievance against Becky Hammon/the Aces but I hadn't read anything about the WNBA as a league being complicit.

Reaction Score
That lawsuit is brutal for Becky, Natalie and the Aces. And the WNBA. Especially since the aces are still under investigation for impermanence benefits.

Reaction Score
The Target Center has been busy with practice sessions going on. Hopefully the Lynx pick up right where they left off, with a win. Heck back-to-back wins (Washington) and then deal with Vegas. Hopefully they are suffering from jet lag and we snag two wins against them. 4-0 to start off the break.

WBBTakeover

Don't get caught sleeping!
Reaction Score
The Target Center has been busy with practice sessions going on. Hopefully the Lynx pick up right where they left off, with a win. Heck back-to-back wins (Washington) and then deal with Vegas. Hopefully they are suffering from jet lag and we snag two wins against them. 4-0 to start off the break.
Probably not likely, considering that the Aces don't start back until Saturday and do so with back-to-back-to-back home games.

Reaction Score
The real question is who’s gonna be coaching the aces by the time they play?!
Why do you think Hammon won't be coaching? The WNBA rendered their decision last year, she received punishment and this suit has only been filed recently. While the allegations don't make her look great, it still has to be proven in court.

Reaction Score
Why do you think Hammon won't be coaching? The WNBA rendered their decision last year, she received punishment and this suit has only been filed recently. While the allegations don't make her look great, it still has to be proven in court.
I wasn’t serious about it happening that quickly but part of the suit is against the WNBA for how they handled it improperly. I don’t think this gets resolved without Hammon and the Aces parting ways at some point or a very significant suspension for Hammon ( I mean season long level) at some point. Wouldn’t be surprised if she heads back over to the NBA after this season.

I don’t think anyone but Hamby wants this to get into depositions and discovery so I’d imagine this will be resolved out of court.

Reaction Score
Probably not likely, considering that the Aces don't start back until Saturday and do so with back-to-back-to-back home games.
My Minnesota Lynx might catch them Aces sleeping. Of course, after I thought about it, I hope my Lynx aren't sleep walking. Heck we could lose to Washington and then fall to the Aces. Washington is pretty good as well and they could surprise some teams in the 2nd half. We shall see.

WBBTakeover

Don't get caught sleeping!
Reaction Score
My Minnesota Lynx might catch them Aces sleeping. Of course, after I thought about it, I hope my Lynx aren't sleep walking. Heck we could lose to Washington and then fall to the Aces. Washington is pretty good as well and they could surprise some teams in the 2nd half. We shall see.
I would predict a split for the Aces versus the Lynx, but who knows. That's why they play the games! :D

Reaction Score
As I predicted, Gabby Williams is down Seattle, New York and Phoenix for WNBA team IF she chooses to play in the W this season . I thought the Sun would still be in play but not surprised she's down to those three.

Reaction Score
As I predicted, Gabby Williams is down Seattle, New York and Phoenix for WNBA team IF she chooses to play in the W this season . I thought the Sun would still be in play but not surprised she's down to those three.

Could you outline why you thought Connecticut was an option? Missed that post and curious as to what your thoughts were on that.

Reaction Score
Could you outline why you thought Connecticut was an option? Missed that post and curious as to what your thoughts were on that.
I had read an article before the Olympics (that I can't find now of course) about how CT was in talk with Gabby to join post Olympic break. This was right before they added Mabrey.

I thought she'd only come join a contender and she would push CT over the edge there plus the Sun makes sense for other reasons ( her familiarity with the state, Rizzoti/Uconn connection etc) Plus I think their play style would fit Gabby pretty well and could see her really benefiting from playing with AT!

Reaction Score
I had read an article before the Olympics (that I can't find now of course) about how CT was in talk with Gabby to join post Olympic break. This was right before they added Mabrey.

I thought she'd only come join a contender and she would push CT over the edge there plus the Sun makes sense for other reasons ( her familiarity with the state, Rizzoti/Uconn connection etc) Plus I think their play style would fit Gabby pretty well and could see her really benefiting from playing with AT!
Thanks. I can see why you thought it could be a fit prior to the Mabrey trade.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Hmmm. Teams with ties to Sue, Dee, and Stewie.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Teams with ties to Sue, Dee, and Stewie.
In fairness, Sue is retired and Gabby is familiar with the coaching staff in Seattle. The roster there compared to last season is an upgrade which could make it more attractive over NY and PHX. And she could mentor Nika (before anyone thinks I forget she's there).;)

Reaction Score
In fairness, Sue is retired and Gabby is familiar with the coaching staff in Seattle. The roster there compared to last season is an upgrade which could make it more attractive over NY and PHX. And she could mentor Nika (before anyone thinks I forget she's there).;)
I'd imagine Nika would get cut to make space for Gabby. And Sue IS a part owner for Seattle so still involved with the team. I do think Seattle is the most likely landing spot for miss Wiliams but the place where I would be most uninterested in seeing her land.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcs1228

Top Bottom