2024 UConn Football Commit - Terrence Smith Jr. (Aiken, South Carolina) | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Terrence Smith Jr. (Aiken, South Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Terrence Smith Jr is a 6-0 165lb WR/QB/Athlete from South Aiken High School, Aiken South Carolina. Other offers from App State, , Charleston Southern, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Coastal Carolina, EMU, Georgia Southern, JMU, Liberty, Miami (Ohio), Norfolk State, ODU and South Carolina State.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is a really strong pick up. Check out his tape- explosive speed- reminds me a bit of Houston, but maybe faster. Plays QB now, thinking he is slot receiver at the next level- just my guess.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Forget Terrence.
I'm calling him TD Smith!
Welcome to the Revolution TD............

Reaction Score
the way to the league is CB
He’s been getting mentions/looks @ DB in a few article I’ve seen.

-> Last summer, Terrence Smith Jr. attended South Carolina’s camp as a wide receiver, but he plans to jump over to the other side of the ball when he works out for the Gamecocks coaches next month in Columbia.

Smith, who’s played quarterback for South Aiken since his sophomore year, has rushed for 2,819 yards and 37 touchdowns over the last two seasons. He’s also completed 111-fo-194 passes for 1,445 yards with nine touchdowns and two interceptions. “He begs me about every game to put him in at DB,” South Aiken coach Chris Hamilton said, during an interview with TheBigSpur at South Aiken. Hamilton added, “He’s responsible for 3,700 yards of our offense, can’t risk that.”<-

-> So far this spring, Smith’s clocked three 40 times in the 4.3s, all laser-timed. Torrian Gray will certainly be paying close attention. <-

From another end of May South Carolina recruiting article:

“-- South Aiken (S.C.) High School athlete Terrence Smith Jr. is slated to attend two camps next month. Clemson will have him workout as a wide receiver on June 1. South Carolina is scheduled for June 21. Torrian Gray will work Smith out as a defensive back.”

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW his commitment announcement is tagged with WR in the graphic.

Of course lots could change this fall and again next spring.

Heard he was a quiet commit to Coastal before flipping to us.

Reaction Score
Less than a minute in and his running reminds me of David Pindell.
that's a scary proposition. I became a uconn fan in 2021 (horrible timing, i know), but i went back and watched old AAC highlights with Pindell and that team in them. Good God. let's hope this kid never has to take a snap, ever.

Reaction Score
He looks every bit as fast and explosive in his tape as his 4.35 40-yd would indicate. That would've been 2nd fastest among WRs, t-4th among CBs at last year's NFL combine.

Reaction Score
He looks every bit as fast and explosive in his tape as his 4.35 40-yd would indicate. That would've been 2nd fastest among WRs, t-4th among CBs at last year's NFL combine.
He wasn't just faster than the defenders he was way, way faster. And he just didn't pull away at the end he accelerated faster than anyone, cut on dime and then out ran defenders who had great pursuit angles. This was kind of tape would expect for an Georgia (never mind Georgia Southern) recruit, what am I missing?

Reaction Score
He wasn't just faster than the defenders he was way, way faster. And he just didn't pull away at the end he accelerated faster than anyone, cut on dime and then out ran defenders who had great pursuit angles. This was kind of tape would expect for an Georgia (never mind Georgia Southern) recruit, what am I missing?
I saw what you saw. Electric playmaker with the ball in his hands.

His recruitment might be effected by his size, he's had very few (if any) snaps at WR or CB in HS which are the positions he projects to at the next level, and he plays at a very small private school that competes in a smaller Region within 4A.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
IDK - maybe his weight, if he was 20 lbs heavier with the same tape he would probably be a four star type recruit.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
His level of competition might be weak, but damn his acceleration and speed are impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom