2024 Season Preview: Connecticut Huskies (T'N'T College Football Blog) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Season Preview: Connecticut Huskies (T'N'T College Football Blog)

Reaction Score
It would be the most improbable win in the history of our football program. It's a borderline body-bag game, basically a body bag game without the payday.

This is what I hate about our current scheduling, everyone including the team, gets fired up for the P4 games, and then we have letdowns for the winnable games. It's the opposite of what we should be doing.
Wow, is Maryland that good? Thought we had a punchers chance in that one.

Looked at their schedule and one preview, they could be an 8 win team without beating anybody all that good. Don’t confuse them with Ohio St or Michigan though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would be the most improbable win in the history of our football program. It's a borderline body-bag game, basically a body bag game without the payday.

This is what I hate about our current scheduling, everyone including the team, gets fired up for the P4 games, and then we have letdowns for the winnable games. It's the opposite of what we should be doing.
This is a huge problem. There are certainly winnable P4 games on the schedule. BC last year. Maybe NC State, Wake, but we can’t be getting blown out or be flat for Georgia State and Temple. Realistic result should be 6-2 G5 1-3 P4

Reaction Score
Not at the time.
You got a good point... we were a much better prepared football team at that time.. but nobody thought we could go into South Bend and win...

I think we just need to show well moreso than win against Maryland... Look like we can be in a game (late) as opposed to getting completely boat-raced by halftime...

Reaction Score
In 2022 they played NCST Cuse Michigan in a row probably all were +24 games or more then played G5s well enough. Last year they played with a 262 lb center and couldn't defend the entire center of the field. Thats why they couldn't beat more athletic teams like a Georgia State. Not because they were disheartened. Gawd.

Reaction Score
In 2022 they played NCST Cuse Michigan in a row probably all were +24 games or more then played G5s well enough. Last year they played with a 262 lb center and couldn't defend the entire center of the field. Thats why they couldn't beat more athletic teams like a Georgia State. Not because they were disheartened. Gawd.

I guess you forgot about the FIU game last year when the team had no energy in the first half. Mora ripped them a new one at half time and they did well in the second half, but it wasn't enough, and they absolutely stunk up the joint versus GState after playing well against NC State.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The season preview of us seems fair. I am going to see how camo is, then I'll watch the Maryland game. We didn't use the portal to sit them.
Go Huskies....

Reaction Score
I guess you forgot about the FIU game last year when the team had no energy in the first half. Mora ripped them a new one at half time and they did well in the second half, but it wasn't enough, and they absolutely stunk up the joint versus GState after playing well against NC State.
They did not adequately replace people lost at key positions like LBs and at center who seemed to be overwhelmed a lot last year. Teams spread them out from sideline to sideline using 4 and 5 man wideouts and they couldn't cover the middle of the field the whole year.it also showed up in the tackles and turnover numbers til the UMass game. Here is a Ga State clip, its a rep for the season. its ok we disagree. Part of the give and take that makes for some spice here

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is a glass half full. Some of us still have 3-3-5 PTSD. We were rated the worst defense in college football history under that system run by Crocker. I'm torn on Fagnano, he is a baller but his ceiling seems lower than Evers but I also can't recall a transfer of Evers caliber going through two schools and then coming out a miracle worker as far as passing goes. If he can stay healthy he has wheels which could help some. I predict another run-heavy, slow-developing offense and pray that the defense doesn't repeat the 3-3-5 we saw prior. I will be pleasantly surprised if we break .500, I don't see it happening, though. Other teams have also loaded up on talent.
If Fagnano is our guy, I think we are cooked...unless he had one of the greatest off-seasons the sport has ever seen.

Breaking .500 would be a major victory.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They did not adequately replace people lost at key positions like LBs and at center who seemed to be overwhelmed a lot last year.
Not trying to be an obtuse here (or arguing for the sake of arguing) but how do you make the determination in July that Mora/Staff didn’t adequately replace players @ certain positions before they even start summer camp/play a set of downs?

Seems we have added talent over the last two cycles who will have the opportunity in 2024.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be an obtuse here (or arguing for the sake of arguing) but how do you make the determination in July that Mora/Staff didn’t adequately replace players @ certain positions before they even start camp/play a set of downs?

Seems we have added talent over the last two cycles who will have the opportunity in 2024.
Regarding last year, i. e. I didn't think the level of the 2023 lb Corp was nowhere near the level of 2022's. that included Bouyer-Randle and Swenson which greatly affected the defense. and Walker for Guidone at center to me was a big step down looking physically overwhelmed much of the time with the man that he beat for the job apparently penciled in at the starter this year while losing two good OGs. I said in another post that i do look forward seeing the team grow. Usually am a wait and see type.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom