2024 Recruiting Thread | Page 48 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
There's holes everywhere across the lineup. Let's load up anywhere and everywhere we can. Getting another top OL will make it more likely to get some better skill players and vice versa.

Reaction Score
There's holes everywhere across the lineup. Let's load up anywhere and everywhere we can. Getting another top OL will make it more likely to get some better skill players and vice versa.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take but I’m guessing he’s not looking to head to UConn ;)

Reaction Score

Jasaiah Gathings is a 6-2 190lb WR from Statesville, North Carolina attending Akron University (Transfer Portal w/ three years of eligibility remaining). Other offer from Ball State.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Jasaiah Gathings is a 6-2 290lb WR from Statesville, North Carolina attending Akron University (Transfer Portal w/ three years of eligibility remaining). Other offer from Ball State.

I hope the 290 is a typo

Reaction Score
I don't think our line is anywhere near the status for the coaching staff to say "nah, we're good".
The thing is different positions require different skill sets, it’s HIGHLY unlikely we would put effort into recruiting over our two senior tackles, who are solid.

A 6’8 guy isn’t playing center and likely won’t wana come play guard, or sit.

Reaction Score
The thing is different positions require different skill sets, it’s HIGHLY unlikely we would put effort into recruiting over our two senior tackles, who are solid.

A 6’8 guy isn’t playing center and likely won’t wana come play guard, or sit.
If an OL wants a better chance in the NFL they should definitely be willing to play various positions on OL especially our existing guys. Unless your Christian Haynes coming out of UCONN, you need to show versatility.

Reaction Score
If an OL wants a better chance in the NFL they should definitely be willing to play various positions on OL especially our existing guys. Unless your Christian Haynes coming out of UCONN, you need to show versatility.
And even with Christian there was talk of perhaps some time at Center to show versatility to NFL scouts.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but 6’8 300 lb guys seldom play guard, he’s not going to come here and switch positions to prove he’s versatile, he left a starting job to go start somewhere else ideally as a pass protecting LT, a premium position.

Idk what to tell you

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but 6’8 300 lb guys seldom play guard, he’s not going to come here and switch positions to prove he’s versatile, he left a starting job to go start somewhere else ideally as a pass protecting LT, a premium position.

Idk what to tell you
Our existing tackles can move to guard, no?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Would we pass on him if landing him was a possibility? No.

Is there a chance that he would consider transferring here? I really don't think there is. Penn St is losing an OT to this year's draft who is project anywhere from the #4 overall pick to the #8 overall pick. I believe that is the most logical destination but it won't be the only school with a recent track record of putting offensive linemen in the NFL that will pursue him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom