Storrs Central: - 2024 Paris Olympics: A UConn WBB Preview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Storrs Central: 2024 Paris Olympics: A UConn WBB Preview

Reaction Score
They're picked by their delegation, not by their team. This changes nothing for me. If you don't stand for your flag, you have no right carrying it. If he even once sits during the US National Anthem during the Olympics, he should be flown home.

Oddly, I like James more than most. He's donated millions to kids struggle in school, and in life. He's very generous.

Coco was a great choice.
Wrong. They are nominated, and voted upon, by their fellow athletes.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Wrong. They are nominated, and voted upon, by their fellow athletes.

'We're saying the same thing. A delegation = all the player from all the teams from a country. I had just never heard the entire delegation referred to as a team before.

As for LeBron @uconnfan68 :

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The biggest story from Bronny James' debut is LeBron James and the national anthem​

Bronny James, the oldest son of NBA superstar LeBron James, made his debut with the USC Trojans men's basketball team Sunday night against Long Beach State. He sustained sudden cardiac arrest in July during a workout but returned to the court and had a solid stat line off the bench: four points, three rebounds, two assists, two steals, and a block in 17 minutes of action.

The Trojans ended up losing to Long Beach State 84-79 in overtime but one of the bigger stories from the game is the backlash from when LeBron and two other James children entered the Galen Center.

LeBron, Zhrui, and Bryce James walked to their seats during the national anthem

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aside from the flag bearer conversation. Let's say there is an impressive number of Huskies in Paris.
I can't wait until 3 PM to tune in to the Women's BBall game today.

Reaction Score
'We're saying the same thing. A delegation = all the player from all the teams from a country. I had just never heard the entire delegation referred to as a team before.

As for LeBron @uconnfan68 :

Tom, you were right to be hysterical.

Reaction Score
Aside from the flag bearer conversation. Let's say there is an impressive number of Huskies in Paris.
I can't wait until 3 PM to tune in to the Women's BBall game today.
The game starts at 11:45 AM Eastern Time at NBC live stream here,

Reaction Score
The game starts at 11:45 AM Eastern Time at NBC live stream here,
IDK, it's almost 3:00 pm here and it's live on USA Network.

Reaction Score
It is pre-game now,
You were the one that mentioned 11:45 AM - I am just saying that here, in my home, on my TV, in CT, it is going to be live at 3PM. That's all.

Reaction Score
You were the one that mentioned 11:45 AM - I am just saying that here, in my home, on my TV, in CT, it is going to be live at 3PM. That's all.
Sorry, it should be 11:45 am Pacific Time. I am in LA.

Reaction Score

Okay, is it cheesy/cheeky to say "Put this in the Louvre?" for this pic? :rolleyes:

One more time DT shows her inability to play with class... that hasn't changed over the past two decades.

Reaction Score
One more time DT shows her inability to play with class... that hasn't changed over the past two decades.
I hear you, but I'm not even sure when this picture was captured. Had the game on in the background while in meetings. For all we know, the sequence of events "could" provide an explanation. It gave me big sibling vs little sibling vibes.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but I'm not even sure when this picture was captured. Had the game on in the background while in meetings. For all we know, the sequence of events "could" provide an explanation. It gave me big sibling vs little sibling vibes.
Okay, demeaning, rather than classless. Disrespectful, at least. Clearly, I'm not a fan of DT for how she's often conducted herself over the years, so go for whatever adjective/adverb you prefer.

Reaction Score
I can't see the picture, but if it's her holding the ball up over the Japanese players head that was in the 2020 Olympic Gold Medal game.
If you don't like DT that's your prerogative. But this is certainly a tricky board to call her classless.

Reaction Score
Okay, demeaning, rather than classless. Disrespectful, at least. Clearly, I'm not a fan of DT for how she's often conducted herself over the years, so go for whatever adjective/adverb you prefer.
Clearly, you’re in the wrong place to say that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom