2024 mock draft | The Boneyard

2024 mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm guessing Castle will be better than Bronny. I'd be surprised if Karaban is in the draft.

Reaction Score
While I have great respect for Givony as a talent evaluator, there are non-basketball factors that will keep Karaban from declaring for the draft next year. Also, as @Chin Diesel pointed out, there is no way in hell DC declares for the draft if he is a projected second rounder.

Reaction Score
Karaban and Clingan aren't leaving if they go 2nd-round. Especially Clingan--he has tons of potential NIL money from in-state businesses.

Castle will go in the lottery. 6'7 PG? If he shows a modicum of defense, he's gone.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I know, it’s all for clicks and mostly guesses at this point. But. That is a subjectively terrible mock draft in so many ways.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Unless something negative happens, DC will be a lottery pick
AK is a 4 yr starter
Castle may be lottery - if not he’ll either be in Storrs 2 seasons

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
AK is a 4 yr starter
Edey is projected late 2nd round. I don't think Clingan is ever going to be a lottery pick. If he made it to the first round he would need to become a + shooter from 3. It's not a knock, it's just the reality of the NBA now. The bigs that go high can dribble and shoot like smaller guys.

The last traditional big I could find going in the lottery was in 2016. Two of them. Jakob Poeltl went 9th and is still playing. Gerogios Papagiannis went 13th. He played two years in the league. I don't think it's a reasonable comparison, because he's so much more athletic, but Embiid went 3rd in 2014. Likewise Anthony Davis in 2012 and even Drummond the same year. Thabeet went 2nd in 2009. Ahead of Harden and Curry. What an awful pick.

Reaction Score
While I have great respect for Givony as a talent evaluator, there are non-basketball factors that will keep Karaban from declaring for the draft next year. Also, as @Chin Diesel pointed out, there is no way in hell DC declares for the draft if he is a projected second rounder.
I agree that karaban most likely wouldn’t leave to be the 40th pick but I found it interesting he’s obviously on nba GM’s radars already

Reaction Score
AK is a 4 yr starter
This isn't 2009. 7'2" back-to-the-basket centers rarely go in the lottery. I agree that I don't see DC leaving unless he's guaranteed first round, but I think projecting him as a lottery pick for next season is probably too optimistic.

Agree that Castle has lottery potential.
AK will be here at least 3 years.

Reaction Score

dal_25_1.gif
Dallas
Stephon Castle6-6205PG/SGUConnHSSr

Reaction Score
Clingan and karaban going within 5 picks of each other in the early second round…..no castle
ESPN is useless when it comes to this stuff. It's just all about clicks and they completely forget about players, hence they have Bronny in the top 10 and Castle nowhere in the 2 rounds.

Reaction Score
Edey is projected late 2nd round. I don't think Clingan is ever going to be a lottery pick. If he made it to the first round he would need to become a + shooter from 3. It's not a knock, it's just the reality of the NBA now. The bigs that go high can dribble and shoot like smaller guys.

The last traditional big I could find going in the lottery was in 2016. Two of them. Jakob Poeltl went 9th and is still playing. Gerogios Papagiannis went 13th. He played two years in the league. I don't think it's a reasonable comparison, because he's so much more athletic, but Embiid went 3rd in 2014. Likewise Anthony Davis in 2012 and even Drummond the same year. Thabeet went 2nd in 2009. Ahead of Harden and Curry. What an awful pick.
Edey is a stiff!

Reaction Score
ESPN is useless when it comes to this stuff. It's just all about clicks and they completely forget about players, hence they have Bronny in the top 10 and Castle nowhere in the 2 rounds.

The only way Bronny goes top-10 is if some team just wants to be able to get a Lebron rental.

It's actually crazy that Lebron could be playing at an all-star level when his kid is (maybe) drafted. Say what you will a out the guy, but he might be the most durable athlete of all time.

Reaction Score
With recruiting they're bad, but this is Givony and the old DraftExpress content. He's good at the draft (although he lost Schmitz).

Still think he's wrong and Castle is 1-and-done.

Reaction Score
Karaban has been showing signs of being able to put the ball on the floor and score. He doesn’t have a post up game or a pull up game that he’s shown but his straight line drives have been good lately. I think his game tonight should solidify him as the big East freshman of the year. Next year I expect to see an expanded move set and then we can have a better idea if he has nba potential or not.

Reaction Score
I put zero stock in any of these but I'd be willing to wager if Clingan goes pro after his sophomore year, he ain't going in the second round.
Strongly agree.

Clingan is on the Edey (or, previously, Thabeet) plan. Flashes this year, build on it next year, dominate as a junior and leave.

Reaction Score
Karaban has been showing signs of being able to put the ball on the floor and score. He doesn’t have a post up game or a pull up game that he’s shown but his straight line drives have been good lately. I think his game tonight should solidify him as the big East freshman of the year. Next year I expect to see an expanded move set and then we can have a better idea if he has nba potential or not.
Even if he never gets serious consideration in the League, he's going to be a 4-year guy who will drive opponents nuts and will feel like he's been here 7 years.

Reaction Score
I see 4 guys getting selected in this draft, Sanogo, Clingan, Karaban and Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom