2024 Final Four Referees announced | The Boneyard

2024 Final Four Referees announced

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Are we good with this?
I believe that Brian Hall officiated the Elite 8 game against USC and drew some comments.
Joe Vaszily has officiated multiple UConn games over the years.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
NOT a fan of Melissa Barlow (PAC12) at all!!!

Reaction Score
As I stated in a previous thread they love to assign repeat offenders as final four referees. It may take Jamelle and CD to hold Geno back if Vaszily is assigned to our gameS. As you should recall, Geno and Vaszily had at least one pretty heated discussion the last time he officiated a UConn game.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I suspect Vaszily isn't necessarily a bad ref, because while I don't much care for his work, I can't really pinpoint anything.

Amplifying on what someone said above, Missy Barlow is not particularly popular with anybody. Has always been thought of as a great ref, but I've never been able to find what makes her so good.

The rest are all experienced. Historically, Gulbeyan has been among the referees that work the most games in a season, for whatever its worth. I admit I'm a ref watcher - so, again for whatever its worth - I typically like Bird, don't think as highly of Hall, but don't think he's awful at all, and will say that Adia vouches for Pantoja, who was her teammate at Arizona and does have a sterling reputation.

There are a small number of officials that make my heart drop when I see them officiating a game I care about, none of them are on the list. I suspect they all do there best, and I'm not questioning their objectivity, but when you watch a lot of games, some refs just seem more impressive than others.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
What about Mars Forsberg? I think she is very good and can't believe she is not there.

Reaction Score
Just speculating, but there will be a desire for CC to be in the NC game for tv draw, ticket interest, anti-UCONN always winning. Does it effect officiating?

Reaction Score
Just speculating, but there will be a desire for CC to be in the NC game for tv draw, ticket interest, anti-UCONN always winning. Does it effect officiating?
I haven't noticed Clark getting any calls when she goes to the basket unless the defender draws blood. The key in this game is Nika, she can guard CC but can she stay away from the bad fouls? UConn seems to get a lot of good calls in a game but they play very physical so the Ref could take them out if that is their intention.

Reaction Score
The NCAA should have the Boneyard select officials. Of course, if they did they would end up asking for volunteers from the stands for the games to be played at all.

Reaction Score
The way the refs have been calling the tournament, it really is a toss up. You either get No calls or Too many calls.

Reaction Score
Will officials have an incentive to want to put CC into the championship game since it would boost tv viewership and ticket $?

(What? To even suggest such a thing is just foolish and downright mean spirited.)

Would never happen, right? One can only hope not.

But let's be realistic. This year more than any other year I can remember going back to the '80's there has been a relentless 24/7 publicity campaign regarding everyone knows who that frankly the college sports world, ESPN and the NCAA do not want to end prematurely. Think what you will, but when it comes to $, more outlandish, crazier things have happened.

Solution: UConn has to play one of their best games, put together a stifling defense for the entire 40 minutes and hopefully take the refs out of it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I believe that Brian Hall officiated the Elite 8 game against USC and drew some comments.
Joe Vaszily has officiated multiple UConn games over the years. weeks.
Joe has done at least 2 of our games if not 3 over the past few weeks. I am not a fan of the little man.....

Where's Dee Kantner???? I feel cheated....

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Joe has done at least 2 of our games if not 3 over the past few weeks. I am not a fan of the little man.....

Where's Dee Kantner???? I feel cheated....
One official who won't be working this weekend is Dee Kantner, who had officiated in every Final Four since 1992 except for the five years she worked in the NBA from 1997 to 2002.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom