• Nutmegger

Votes: 133 38.9%
  • Parent of a current/former student

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Out of state, no connection to program

Votes: 17 5.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I think I remember a similar poll years ago but i feel like I've seen plenty of new fresh 'faces' in here and wanted to see the layout. What fan category do you fall in?

Clarifications:
1) choose alum or current student even if you were a fan before you enrolled.

2) choose nutmegger if the sole reason for your fandom is that you are or were once a Connecticut resident

3)choose 'proud parent' if you became a fan because you had/have a kid at the school. (Whether or not you are/were a ct resident)

4) choose out of state fan if you never went to uconn, have no fam connects, never lived in CT. But just love the program

Reaction Score
Why is there no category for people who attended UConn but are not alums?

My mother-in-law went to UConn met her husband and became an alum of Quinnipiac in her 60s. She's not on the BY. But I imagine there are more than a few that just spent a year or two at UConn.

Reaction Score
I interpreted 'parent' as close family member...since going to watch my nephew play football during the BE 'glory' days drew me in...plus that 04 Bball team was so much fun to watch when Mek was healthy.

Reaction Score
Allow us to check off more than one!

- Class of '08 and life-long CT resident.
I almost did but really wanted to get a sense of how many true non-alum fans there are. I learned that polling tactic in McLaughlin's stats 101!!
(Plus, i think it's cool to clarify your status in the comments)

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

My mother-in-law went to UConn met her husband and became an alum of Quinnipiac in her 60s. She's not on the BY. But I imagine there are more than a few that just spent a year or two at UConn.
yeh!
i was there for 2.5 years before getting my ass booted
they didn't seem to like my 0.9 gpa my last semester ....
both my brothers finished UConn in fine standing though

Reaction Score

Never thought of that. I would consider that alum, since any Husky is a part of the fam. (My way of apologizing for not covering the bases)

P.S. I was friends with a few huge bball fans who flunked out because they partied too much. They count almost more than the ones who got their degree.

Reaction Score

Technically, she is an alum.

Reaction Score
My mother was born in New Haven, I was born in Waterbury and after my parents met in the Marine Corps in North Carolina, they moved back up to Connecticut and had my older sister and I. When I was 2 1/2 they moved down to North Carolina (Greensboro), where I grew up. I've been a UConn fan my whole life. Pops was born in NYC and grew up in NJ.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm a homer
not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Reaction Score
Grew up in NY but parents were from CT and dad graduated from UConn in '52.
Lived in CT after graduating in '80, my late husband graduated in '78 and immediately started buying season tickets. Now retired in DE, son in NJ, rest of family in NY. Go to as many games as I can - Philly, Jersey, NYC, DC. Was at Marquette in XL this year and going to BE Tournament. Went to Atlantis and plan on Maui in the fall.
One requirement when I retired was going somewhere that I could still watch all UConn games and still attend some in person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom