2024-2025 Opening practice availability from Storrs Central | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Opening practice availability from Storrs Central

Reaction Score

Such great images of Caroline’s shooting form. In the first one, you can really see how her perimeter shooting stroke pulls her up onto her toes as she straightens her knees. It’s also good to see that her release point is above her head. As a freshman it seemed to be a bit lower.

In one of the later pics it looks like she is wearing some sort of ear plugs.

Reaction Score
I’ll be happy with the Azzi from the Texas game that made Vic say he’d never been dominated like that by a guard! (Paraphrase) If that Azzi shows up consistently this season, we are in for a real treat!
That Texas game was part of a great 6 game start to her sophomore season. I remember her PER (player efficiency ratio) was around 30 which drew some All American comments early in the season. Then the knee injury where Aaliyah fell back into her ruined the rest of the season. Her PER fell all the way down to low 20's by year end, which means she was probably only around 15 the rest of the season (about average).

The glass half full interpretation would be those were the only 6 games she has been healthy during her entire Uconn career, and that is the level she could achieve if healthy again. Remember she was bothered by her foot pretty much her whole freshmen season. With that view Azzi has never played with Paige when both were healthy. Azzi only healthy at the start of the season Paige missed entirely.

We thought we would see that combination of two back to back number 1 recruits together for three glorious years, and here we are still waiting for both to be healthy at the same time for the first time. Maybe later this year!

Reaction Score
Big reason “I” wanted Nika at the point to initiate the offense and Paige as 2-3.

Paige starting the offense there’s 4 player standing around watching to see what she’s going to do.
Nika starts the offense and everyone’s moving. The rocks passed to Paige. . . Everyone’s still moving! I know it was crazy. It’s like once the offense gets initiated no one’s Paige watching.

That’s how I saw it. That’s why I think Paige will be handling the ball a lot but not bringing it up & iniating the offense. I think with all the young players on this team it’s going to be just like Paige’s freshman year. 4 players watching.

I could be totally out of my mind on this but my recollection is that Paige really slowed the tempo when she brought the ball up. Where as Nika would be getting up court quickly.

NOTE: first paragraph. Four years ago I told the story about my daughter in junior high here in the BY.

Our daughters junior high teams point guard was probably the best player in the conference/league. Our daughter was simply a really good ball handler and passer.

The team was headed for a loosing season. The coach switched the best player to the 2. Moved our daughter to the point. They started winning games. The best player still got her points but there was a noticeable point production increase for the other players on team.
Yes, and for this reason, I see Chen (with her experience and BB IQ) in the startling lineup handling the PG duties and keeping the entire team moving without the ball.

Reaction Score
In the interview with Geno, a female reporter asks him about Jana and Jenna, and he responds to her and talks about both. I must be missing something ... who is Jenna?

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Yes, and for this reason, I see Chen (with her experience and BB IQ) in the startling lineup handling the PG duties and keeping the entire team moving without the ball.
Exactly! Just another reason why I have Chen listed as a starter in the first game this year. I actually expect to see her running the point at the end of big games until this season is over.

Also found it interesting when Geno said something like in the beginning she wasn’t sure how to approach the team, as a leader or rookie.

Humm. Fun time First Night Geno has Chen & Paige as respective team captains. I think she’s decided. :)

Reaction Score
In one of the later pics it looks like she is wearing some sort of ear plugs.
If you are speaking about the shot of her making a layup, this appear to be a glitch in the image and not an ear plug. In fact, whatever it is, it's not even in the ear. Blowing the image up just indicates more of the same.

Reaction Score
Just another reason why I have Chen listed as a starter in the first game this year. I actually expect to see her running the point at the end of big games until this season is over.
Yup, this is the question: who will be PG at the end of close games? If it’s Chen, then thank goodness Geno got her. If it’s KK, then thank goodness Geno got Chen to challenge her for the role.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yup, this is the question: who will be PG at the end of close games? If it’s Chen, then thank goodness Geno got her. If it’s KK, then thank goodness Geno got Chen to challenge her for the role.
I hear both of you, but what I'm also hearing is we need another point guard for next year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I watched a couple of IMG games last year. Kelis looked like a point guard to me. A score first point guard. But still a point guard.
Kaitlyn is a score first point guard, although she had to be at Princeton and may modify her style at UConn.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In the interview with Geno, a female reporter asks him about Jana and Jenna, and he responds to her and talks about both. I must be missing something ... who is Jenna?
We have Ayanna who is called Janna, and we have Jana who is called Jana which I think is the one that sounds more like Jena. Confusing isn't it. I think Geno likes it that way since he can call out one name and two players immediately pay attention. :eek:

Reaction Score
Has Geno mentioned anything about a secret scrimmage?

I am starting to see a lot of secret scrimmage results on twitter and it has me curious. For example, UCLA apparently beat Utah by 3 in a secret scrimmage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom