2024-2025 KenPom pre-season ratings released | The Boneyard

2024-2025 KenPom pre-season ratings released

Reaction Score

kenpom.png

Reaction Score
KenPom's algorithm has the biggest love affair with Houston. I swear they're always rated #1 at the start of the season by like 3+ points.
Part of it is previous finishes and they've finished 2nd three years in a row, so that helps. They were 3rd in preseason last season.

Reaction Score
It’s a starting point - Houston will sustain with the Sampson defense.

First AP poll drops tomorrow, it’s like Xmas. Have seen two early voters from Pittsburgh and Nevada with UConn at one. I’m wondering if this will be a theme as voters don’t want to give Hurley ammo ;).

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Villanova at 20 is crazy. What could that be based on? I know the algorithm relies on data from the previous season at this stage, but that doesn’t justify such a high rating. Nova’s roster is booty. Strange.

Reaction Score
It’s a starting point - Houston will sustain with the Sampson defense.

First AP poll drops tomorrow, it’s like Xmas. Have seen two early voters from Pittsburgh and Nevada with UConn at one. I’m wondering if this will be a theme as voters don’t want to give Hurley ammo ;).
The HUMAN poll is a decent proxy and they had UConn #1. It'll be interesting.

Reaction Score
Villanova at 20 is crazy. What could that be based on? I know the algorithm relies on data from the previous season at this stage, but that doesn’t justify such a high rating. Nova’s roster is booty. Strange.
Nova was a bit higher than you'd think last year, but yeah seems pretty wild. Dixon coming back must be worth a decent amount.

awy

Reaction Score
auburn kind of high just shows how much the bracket was stacked vs UConn by the committee last year

Reaction Score
auburn kind of high just shows how much the bracket was stacked vs UConn by the committee last year
Not according to every other board out there, lol.

Most everyone thinks we were provided a cakewalk. It’s all good though, imagine what the scores would have been had we actually had the easiest path.

Reaction Score
wasn't on here then but this conclusion was rather obvious.
If you only look at computers, sure, the East was really hard. But if you watched those teams at any point during the season you would know every single one was incredibly one-dimensional (except Auburn - thanks Yale) and lacked the players to match us. UConn was going to steamroll anyone that they played, which they did, four times.

Reaction Score
In my personal top 25 neither Purdue nor Illinois would appear. Xavier, Michigan, & Kentucky would slip in. I'll be shamed for blasphemy but I can't see a team with Cooper Flagg being less than #1. We're at risk of a Flagg year morphing to a Boozer twin year next year and our throne being usurped. The saving grace is Scheyer is their coach and he likely isn't up to it. Now that I've written about Duke I notice my fingers are curling, my teeth are crumbling, my skin is falling off, my eyesight is failing, and I sense the possibility of spontaneous combustion. I await the 'in the nick of time' arrival of Alex Karaban with his superpowers in the final 4 to slay the evil doers and restore order in the world of basketball. Look the evil empire in the eye and spit. The Karaban Karavan rolls over them.

awy

Reaction Score
If you only look at computers, sure, the East was really hard. But if you watched those teams at any point during the season you would know every single one was incredibly one-dimensional (except Auburn - thanks Yale) and lacked the players to match us. UConn was going to steamroll anyone that they played, which they did, four times.
it's college most teams are one dimensional. ever seen Purdue? they still stacked the bracket

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Auburn was a computer tricker and a fraud

Reaction Score
it's college most teams are one dimensional. ever seen Purdue? they still stacked the bracket
Tough bracket was needed last year as too much talk from all the other fanbases how we are always gifted an easy road. East was easily toughest bracket.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tough bracket was needed last year as too much talk from all the other fanbases how we are always gifted an easy road
Who cares? I would take another half dozen "easy national championships" in a heartbeat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom