2024-2025 Ceiling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Ceiling

which returnee making a jump raises our ceiling the most?

• Solo Ball

Votes: 75 25.8%
  • Hassan Diarra

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Samson Johnson

Votes: 55 18.9%
  • Jaylin Stewart

Votes: 140 48.1%
  • Jayden Ross

Votes: 7 2.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
It’s a new team, we’re not going to beat teams by 20 out of the gate. Hurley has to coach these guys up and it will take time. Could be bumpy but trust Hurley and coaches to have it ready for March. Let’s just enjoy the ride without bursting our blood vessels, ok?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be too quick to say Reed is a big downgrade from Adama. Much as Adama was great, I have to imagine Reed kinda knows what he's getting into, and DH wouldn't have gone out to get him if he didn't think Reed has hit his ceiling. I'll give a slight edge to Adama here, but I think Reed will impress.
If Reed is only 50% of Sanogo then we're in business. I think you're forgetting how good Sanogo was.

Reaction Score
It’s a new team, we’re not going to beat teams by 20 out of the gate. Hurley has to coach these guys up and it will take time. Could be bumpy but trust Hurley and coaches to have it ready for March. Let’s just enjoy the ride without bursting our blood vessels, ok?
I'm O.K. with some on here bursting their blood vessels.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Listen, all I know is I said at the start of portal season I needed McNeeley and another guard, Mahaney being my #1.

This past season was one of my favorite teams and seasons ever, and I’m now MORE excited this upcoming year.

I can’t even imagine that we’re in this spot, as fans. Im enjoying the ride and gearing up for the Irish 3 leaf clover of McNeeley, Mahaney and Hurley to bring me another season of absolutely basketball euphoria.

Reaction Score
Listen, all I know is I said at the start of portal season I needed McNeeley and another guard, Mahaney being my #1.

This past season was one of my favorite teams and seasons ever, and I’m now MORE excited this upcoming year.

I can’t even imagine that we’re in this spot, as fans. Im enjoying the ride and gearing up for the Irish 3 leaf clover of McNeeley, Mahaney and Hurley to bring me another season of absolutely basketball euphoria.
It’s basketball nirvana. I kinda wanted us to not have the target on our backs because of all the new players. You know, 2 time consecutive national champions laying low, huh?

Reaction Score
I had to go with Johnson. He is a freak of an athlete at his size. If he can stay on the court, rebound, defend and finish, he is a difference maker. The problem is he tries to do too much. He could have Marcus Camby like impact if he can stay out of foul trouble, rebound and defend.

Reaction Score
UConn's website describes Singare as "Athletic, rangy, defensive-minded center who comes to the Huskies with a world of upside" but he didn't even make the poll. Does anyone have a sense of how he did in practice? Can he step in for Samson in 25-26?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Stewart. He showed the most of the non Castle freshmen, we're relying on him to make a leap because we know he will.

I think our ceiling decreases dramatically if he doesn't break out. I'd argue he's the next guy for the Andre/Castle role, even though each guy approaches it differently. We don't have a ton of options to guard athletic scoring wings. He'll also probably handle third ball handler responsibilities.

Reaction Score
Stewart - He was so very close this year. Big minutes will equal big production from this kid. His athleticism is way above the norm.

Reaction Score
I went with Ross because the others showed more this year so I expect more from them next season. Here's my reasons why I believe Ross can make the biggest jump:
-Ball, though his playing time went down as the season went on, showed us a lot when he was forced to fill in for meaningful minutes when SC was out. I discount his later inconsistency as being more typical of a freshman trying to do too much when he gets a limited chance to play.
-Diarra proved himself this year and to expect him to add much more to the big jump he made this year doesn't seem realistic.
-Johnson showed flashes in what was really his first full year of play so I expect him to show more this year and wouldn't be surprised if he plays with more confidence because he knows he has to as there's no DC to bail the team out if he plays poorly. And he might be looking over his shoulder a lot less.
-Stewart showed consistent growth this year and I expect his confidence will soar as he plays extended minutes and proves this year's high points are his base going forward.
-Ross can be the bigger defender we need in the back court with this year's "little tykes" and another great shooter if he's what we were told he is. I chose him because if he does show the level of defense we need against bigger guards and does fill another slot as a shooter we will be really tough to beat.

Reaction Score
Why is there no "all of the above"?
Exactly - The coaching staff has UCONN playing as a TEAM each year so I think (hope) that all will develop and progress this year. If everyone makes progress this upcoming there should be no reason why UCONN cannot have another successful, fun to watch season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom