Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nneka Ogwumike (LAS)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Based on my post from three years ago, only once has a player won a WNBA MVP without being in the Top 6 for both Win Shares (WS) and Player Efficiency Rating (PER).

This season there are 2 players who met that criteria:
A'ja Wilson - 1st WS and 1st PER
Breanna Stewart - 2nd WS and 2nd PER

Note: Listed alphabetically, maximum of one 1 player listed per team.

Who is your pick?

Previous MVP Threads: 2022, 2021, 2020

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It’s a 3 person race between AT/Wilson/Stewart. I’m inclined to go with A’ja based on numbers and team success but any of the 3 will make a great winner.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
My own deliberations have been similar to the AP vote: very , very close between A'ja and Stewie, but the nod to Stewie.
Both have been remarkably consistent in leading their teams to respective perches above the WNBA standings. And A'ja has done so without Candace Parker for a large share of the year and without Dearica Hamby, whom the Aces traded to make room for Parker.

In spite of Jonquel Jomes coming on, the stellar playmaking of "Sloot and the bombing away by Ionescu, the Liberty are led and fortified by Stewie. She's been the best all-round player in the world for years now, but never has she been so valuable to the turning around of a program.

Reaction Score
We all could make a case for X player to be the WNBA MVP but we all know it really is a three-person race. You can't go wrong with either option, but I cast my vote for A'ja. Her numbers have been solid, and she is playing on the best team in the league. Dealing with double teams and carrying the load with rebounding and defending. I cast my vote for A'ja.

Reaction Score
I would like to change my vote from Wilson to Thomas. AT does so much for the Sun. Like Stewie and Wilson, she does it all for her team. She defends the other teams best player, big or small. We all know how she can rebound and score. She brings the intensity for her team nightly. Plus, Stewie and Wilson are going to win a few more MVP awards before they finish their careers. AT has earned this one for an incredible season.

Reaction Score
What AT has done is historical. I just can't see how it should be anyone but her. She's never been a a ball handler, yet lead the league in assists. Isn't a true big, yet led the league in rebounds. And how many triple-doubles with 2 bad shoulders. Imagine if she was healthy!!

Reaction Score
What AT has done is historical. I just can't see how it should be anyone but her. She's never been a a ball handler, yet lead the league in assists. Isn't a true big, yet led the league in rebounds. And how many triple-doubles with 2 bad shoulders. Imagine if she was healthy!!
I'm with you there. I get the logic of a team's season performance having some impact but I hope voters don't focus too much on that when they make their selection. Connecticut had a better season than what some expected at the start of the season with Jones going to NY. Plus, Thomas accomplished this playing against all of the teams this year. Her consistency should count for something.

Reaction Score
When it comes to A'ja I have never been a fan of hers from college to pros! YES she is talented but just something I can't like!
Stewart is so dominating all over the court!
BUT....AT is just an amazing athlete! She doesn't have the strength of teammates the other 2 do but she controls everything for her team both on offense and defense!
6 triple-doubles and loads of double-doubles she just dominates and she can defend 1 through 5 no matter how quick or tall!
It's a joy to watch her play!
But bet the ranch that the WNBA talking suits will vote either Stewie or A'ja MOP! They're not really deep thinkers! And the choice was decided the first week of the season!
I hope I'm wrong but I give them no faith!

Reaction Score
1695788151928.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom