2023 Recruiting: - SF Matas Buzelis | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: SF Matas Buzelis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been to at least 15 Hoophall events, a handful of Albertus Magnus events, dozens of Brewster and other Nepsac games, and watched about 1/15th of the streams that @husky429 must watch. I really can't remember seeing players like Karaban and Filipowski that have size, good handles to take the ball end to end themselves, shoot threes often and proficiently, drive to the basket, and can finish in traffic, rebound, plus are willing and able facilitators with their passing. Now here it looks like a third kid of the same mold. Beyond the on court play is the fact that they all are/were playing within our recruiting footprint. Having 1 of these types of kids would really help the team. Having 2 kids like this compliment our athletes like Samson Johnson, or shooters like Jordan Hawkins, would really set UConn apart as a team to reckon with on the national stage. Imagine the ball movement with Diggins and these guys with Johnson and Jackson cutting and Hawkins spotting up.

I get the sense that Reid Ducharme is a skilled 6'6 player with many of the same attributes but with primary strength as a deep shooter. I really hope we can close some of this talent along with a 6'4 to 6'5 point guard (Castle/Lamothe/Lemond), a 6'8 athlete, and a big big. Regardless of ranking, I'm not as sold on all the 2022 guards, Epps etc. They each have a nice strength, but don't seem like any are good enough to meaningfully impact chasing a championship by being better than the guys we have, (Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Floyd). That talent seems to be in the 2023 prospects we're involved with. Obviously it isn't just a talent choice, the staff will weigh who they have the best shot at and how the pieces fit. The possibilities with all these kids that have shown interest is exciting.

Reaction Score
I've been to at least 15 Hoophall events, a handful of Albertus Magnus events, dozens of Brewster and other Nepsac games, and watched about 1/15th of the streams that @husky429 must watch. I really can't remember seeing players like Karaban and Filipowski that have size, good handles to take the ball end to end themselves, shoot threes often and proficiently, drive to the basket, and can finish in traffic, rebound, plus are willing and able facilitators with their passing. Now here it looks like a third kid of the same mold. Beyond the on court play is the fact that they all are/were playing within our recruiting footprint. Having 1 of these types of kids would really help the team. Having 2 kids like this compliment our athletes like Samson Johnson, or shooters like Jordan Hawkins, would really set UConn apart as a team to reckon with on the national stage. Imagine the ball movement with Diggins and these guys with Johnson and Jackson cutting and Hawkins spotting up.

I get the sense that Reid Ducharme is a skilled 6'6 player with many of the same attributes but with primary strength as a deep shooter. I really hope we can close some of this talent along with a 6'4 to 6'5 point guard (Castle/Lamothe/Lemond), a 6'8 athlete, and a big big. Regardless of ranking, I'm not as sold on all the 2022 guards, Epps etc. They each have a nice strength, but don't seem like any are good enough to meaningfully impact chasing a championship by being better than the guys we have, (Cole, Gaffney, Diggins, Floyd). That talent seems to be in the 2023 prospects we're involved with. Obviously it isn't just a talent choice, the staff will weigh who they have the best shot at and how the pieces fit. The possibilities with all these kids that have shown interest is exciting.
Staff is working on all that.

Reaction Score
10D064C9-E8BF-4ACA-89D9-A65730028D3A.jpeg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Matas Buzelis '23 (6'8" G)

Hudl liknk above.

Kid is skinny as hell, but has a little bit of skill and some hops. Good shooter and 6'9 too.
If we wanted to continue the "Hungry Husky" mantra, this skinny young man would fit in nicely. Chet Holmgren (Gonzaga commit) at 7-0 and 190-195 would be the poster child for Hungry Huskies if he came here.

Reaction Score
Love the looks of this kid. Still has a lot of room to develop physically which could turn him into a five-star recruit by the time he graduates. Calls himself a 6'10" PG on twitter.

Reaction Score
He’s been horrible till today.
I heard some reports from a previous event that he was looking good, but yeah, other than that scoreline hadn't heard much about him from Peach Jam.

Reaction Score
The previous event they played in was out in Chicago by me. Mac Irvin runs the event they played god awful competition. Think he was pretty good again today. He can really move and run and has some skill. Just has to get stronger. good prospect. But he was off to a tough start in the eybl

Reaction Score
This kid is in our backyard. He is a 4 star now and has height. In the short video I saw, his stroke from outside was smooth and for a 6-8 kid his dribble looked above average. These are the players we need to keep in New England. Can he be Stretch 4 like Deandre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom