2023 Hoophall | The Boneyard

2023 Hoophall

Reaction Score
This is a well rounded game. The 30% could be better. I know he's a better shooter than these numbers. But if he's putting up these numbers getting to the hoop and getting to the foul line I'll take it allday. The foul line game doesn't make for good TV but it beat us twice.

Thanks for keeping track @auror

Reaction Score
Playing anyone good?

Oak Hill. Always a great team, but not the 5* types they used to. They've had some issues recently... tons of kids transferring.

a few 2024 4* players, and some 3*s to round out the roster I've never heard of. Plenty of talent though... his team plays in the NIBC which is a league LOADED with talent around the country.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ross, steal coast to coast lay-in. He seems to be so active on both ends.

Reaction Score
Ross, steal coast to coast lay-in. He seems to be so active on both ends.

I'll post my thoughts later, but I agree. Very active defender with nice instincts. He must have a couple steals and a few more deflections. He's not strong enough for the Big East right now... S&C will be important for him to put that defensive IQ to work.

His little brother is going to be a talent in 2025 too.

Edit: Apparently he missed his first free throw OF THE SEASON tonight? Wow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ross v. Oak Hill 1/14/2023

13 PTS
4 REB
4 AST

1 TO
2 STL
0 BLK

3/4 2FG
2/6 3FG
1/2 FT

Overall: Looks to me like a developmental piece that will see some minutes if he defends and hits some 3s. Defensive IQ seems pretty good and he’s a high effort player. Needs to get much stronger to defend 3s and 4s at our level. Offensive skillset is limited to spot up 3s and some work in transition. Shot wasn’t falling today but it looked quick and solid form. Decent ball mover and a better passer than I expected.

Stats may be wrong if I messed up Jayden and his brother at any point fwiw.
  • You can tell he’s been scouted as a shooter. They’re draped on him at the 3-point line.
  • Was called for a block, but it looked like a charge to me. Great awareness there.
  • Not a half-court ballhandler at all. Does a litte bit in the open court. That will be a weakness for him.
  • A couple years in the S&C program will do wonders for him. Has a young-looking body.
  • I’m impressed with how physical he is defending the drive and post-up despite giving up some size. High effort player.
  • Had one steal and a really nice hit-ahead pass for a dunk. Love the instinct to play fast.
  • GORGEOUS back cut to beat the 1Q buzzer. Landed a reverse right-hand lay-in.
  • Another assist… baseline drive and dumped it off to the big. That will pair well with Clingan.
  • He’s a better passer than I expected.
  • He will be a great defender when he gets strong IMO. I see some solid positional awareness, plays the passing lanes well. He’s just not BIG enough to really make a difference on that end yet in the Big East.
  • communicate s well on defense. Directing traffic.
  • Get back cut a few times, but nothing came of it. Seems like anyone who scored on him was mostly just doing it with physicality at the rim, not with big IQ lapses or anything. We can work with that.
  • Steal and a dunk at one point. Feel like I’ve seen at least a dozen highlights of this… great to see.
  • Active on offensive but just easier to defend with his limited skills.
  • He gets a TON of steals and deflections. I can see why we recruited him. High a potential defender.
  • Would have more rebounds if he was stronger. Instincts look pretty good, and he has the wingspan and hops to get them.
  • Offensive skillset isn’t very versatile. He can’t really put it on the deck and doesn’t have great footwork for getting past screens. Good as a ball mover and shot looks clean and quick.
  • Drew a charge even after the questionable block earlier in the game–love to see it.
  • Almost had a MONSTROUS alley but got fouled. ½ from the line.
  • Apparently he missed his first free throw THIS SEASON today? Wow.
  • Super active hands. I think he must have had 5 or more deflections.
  • Late 4th quarter has his best assist of the game… pump fake and drive after a defender closed out, draws the help at the FT line, and dumps it to the cutting big. High IQ play.
  • His energy on defense is GREAT every possession. Night and day from many of our recruits. Smart recruiting… find culture fits with the lower ranked guys.
Side note: I think Jacob Ross (brother) will be a top 100 player in 2025. Definitely worth keeping an eye on and potentially extending an offer.

Reaction Score
Ross v. Oak Hill 1/14/2023

13 PTS
4 REB
4 AST

1 TO
2 STL
0 BLK

3/4 2FG
2/6 3FG
1/2 FT

Overall: Looks to me like a developmental piece that will see some minutes if he defends and hits some 3s. Defensive IQ seems pretty good and he’s a high effort player. Needs to get much stronger to defend 3s and 4s at our level. Offensive skillset is limited to spot up 3s and some work in transition. Shot wasn’t falling today but it looked quick and solid form. Decent ball mover and a better passer than I expected.

Stats may be wrong if I messed up Jayden and his brother at any point fwiw.
  • You can tell he’s been scouted as a shooter. They’re draped on him at the 3-point line.
  • Was called for a block, but it looked like a charge to me. Great awareness there.
  • Not a half-court ballhandler at all. Does a litte bit in the open court. That will be a weakness for him.
  • A couple years in the S&C program will do wonders for him. Has a young-looking body.
  • I’m impressed with how physical he is defending the drive and post-up despite giving up some size. High effort player.
  • Had one steal and a really nice hit-ahead pass for a dunk. Love the instinct to play fast.
  • GORGEOUS back cut to beat the 1Q buzzer. Landed a reverse right-hand lay-in.
  • Another assist… baseline drive and dumped it off to the big. That will pair well with Clingan.
  • He’s a better passer than I expected.
  • He will be a great defender when he gets strong IMO. I see some solid positional awareness, plays the passing lanes well. He’s just not BIG enough to really make a difference on that end yet in the Big East.
  • communicate s well on defense. Directing traffic.
  • Get back cut a few times, but nothing came of it. Seems like anyone who scored on him was mostly just doing it with physicality at the rim, not with big IQ lapses or anything. We can work with that.
  • Steal and a dunk at one point. Feel like I’ve seen at least a dozen highlights of this… great to see.
  • Active on offensive but just easier to defend with his limited skills.
  • He gets a TON of steals and deflections. I can see why we recruited him. High a potential defender.
  • Would have more rebounds if he was stronger. Instincts look pretty good, and he has the wingspan and hops to get them.
  • Offensive skillset isn’t very versatile. He can’t really put it on the deck and doesn’t have great footwork for getting past screens. Good as a ball mover and shot looks clean and quick.
  • Drew a charge even after the questionable block earlier in the game–love to see it.
  • Almost had a MONSTROUS alley but got fouled. ½ from the line.
  • Apparently he missed his first free throw THIS SEASON today? Wow.
  • Super active hands. I think he must have had 5 or more deflections.
  • Late 4th quarter has his best assist of the game… pump fake and drive after a defender closed out, draws the help at the FT line, and dumps it to the cutting big. High IQ play.
  • His energy on defense is GREAT every possession. Night and day from many of our recruits. Smart recruiting… find culture fits with the lower ranked guys.
Side note: I think Jacob Ross (brother) will be a top 100 player in 2025. Definitely worth keeping an eye on and potentially extending an offer.

Great summary of Ross thank you. Didn’t even have to head to Springfield knowing this was coming!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom