2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin… | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 CFB Coaching Carousel begins to spin and spin…

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Really makes you wonder what else that money could be used for in your football/AD. I know it's not money you are spending unless you fire the coach but if you're putting a buyout over $4-5 million it's not worth it. If a coach wants to leave, no buyout will stop them. So just let them leave and most likely fail at their next stop due to higher expectations in a harder conference.

I wonder what the success rate is of coaches who leave programs where they were successful and move up to a higher tier program. My guess is the number is staggering low. So why bother with a buyout? What's the point?

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the outrage in CT if we had a coach we had to payout 3-5 million dollars for a losing program? These big schools are dropping 10-75million....which is obscene.
We are lucky we currently have a coach with experience who works cheap....

Yes- we paid Kevin Olie, despite UConn administration incompetence....but at least he brought home a National Championship.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine the outrage in CT if we had a coach we had to payout 3-5 million dollars for a losing program? These big schools are dropping 10-75million....which is obscene.
We are lucky we currently have a coach with experience who works cheap....

Yes- we paid Kevin Olie, despite UConn administration incompetence....but at least he brought home a National Championship.
And we were(seemed to be) more happy with giving Disco $5 million for bringing us nothing but red pants.

Reaction Score
And we were(seemed to be) more happy with giving Disco $5 million for bringing us nothing but red pants.
I always thought that Suzy Lax liked the cut of his jib, so to speak.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Call me impatient, but where's our announcement? Come on Dave and Jim, the fans are waiting...^_^
Same…unless there’s some stupid state thing that controls the timing. Let friggin’axe swing

Reaction Score
Except I would double it if he can actually win an SEC title.
But add in a clause that 'If for any season contemplated in this agreement the team win total does not match or exceed 4, provided the team plays at least 8 games, Signatory shall pay the university liquidated damages of 2 million dollars, plus one of the Signatory's fingers or toes.'

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Another head scratcher on why you have a buyout on this? If $5 million is too much for your AD, why put it on the contract? Is someone really coming for MTSU's coach? I just don't get these buyouts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom