2023 Bracketology: UConn a 7 Seed | The Boneyard

2023 Bracketology: UConn a 7 Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Yes, yes, I know it’s too early to project next season’s tournament, but I view this as no different than looking at a preseason top 25. Lunardi projects us as a 7 seed, after having us as a 10 seed in April. I see that as totally reasonable. We should be a safe bet for the tournament, and a borderline top 25 team, no matter what. If our young guys - specifically Hawkins and Johnson - develop better than other teams’ young players, we’ll look more like a Sweet 16 team.

Reaction Score
Sorry but that is way too low. We were an offensively challenged team last year playing a style of basketball not seen since the 1980's and we were a 5 seed. This year we will be more talented, have more options, and play a modern offensive scheme...yet somehow we're projected to be worse? We're going to be a 3 or a 4 seed. Media is sleeping on us this year

Reaction Score
Sorry but that is way too low. We were an offensively challenged team last year playing a style of basketball not seen since the 1980's and we were a 5 seed. This year we will be more talented, have more options, and play a modern offensive scheme...yet somehow we're projected to be worse? We're going to be a 3 or a 4 seed. Media is sleeping on us this year
We have significant roster turnover, and arguably 3/4 top players left. It's completely fair at the moment. Let's see how all these new pieces fit before we complain.

Reaction Score
We have significant roster turnover, and arguably 3/4 top players left. It's completely fair at the moment. Let's see how all these new pieces fit before we complain.

Yup. Plus playing more of a 4 out offense doesn't automatically = better offense. It's the right move, but there's potential downsides too. Hopefully the better spacing leads to better offense, but we need to actually see it.

Reaction Score
We should be complaining. People on here always underestimate how important the media perception is for a program. Being projected as a 7 seed means we aren't a top 25 team. That's just ridiculous

How is UVA projected as a 5 seed? They were absolute garbage last year and didn't really even do anything to get better over the offseason. It's stupid

Reaction Score
March 2023 bracket predictions - season is still months away from starting, no games have been played.

A little crazy to be doing brackets for the 2023 tournament.

Reaction Score
We should be complaining. People on here always underestimate how important the media perception is for a program. Being projected as a 7 seed means we aren't a top 25 team. That's just ridiculous

How is UVA projected as a 5 seed? They were absolute garbage last year and didn't really even do anything to get better over the offseason. It's stupid
The 25th best team should technically be a 7 seed. I agree we have more upside than some of these teams, and you could easily make the case for us as a top-20 preseason team. Still, being projected 25-28 after losing Cole, Martin, Whaley, and Polley doesn’t seems egregious.

Reaction Score

Being a 7 seed means you're being projected 25, 26, 27 or 28. Having your panties in a bunch because we're in that grouping, but not in the top 25, in a preseason projection is utterly bizarre.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
March 2023 bracket predictions - season is still months away from starting, no games have been played.

A little crazy to be doing brackets for the 2023 tournament.
Everybody needs a job

I could care less about preseason rankings of any kind

Lets see where UConn stands after a couple of the tougher early season match-ups

Reaction Score
I dont give a crap about what seed, we need some tournament wins, period. No more first round flame outs.
We all agree we need to win in March, but winning 2 games as a 7 seed is not the same as winning 2 games as a 3 or 4 seed. We need to be a high seed and win games. Which would mean that we had a very successful regular season and can win games in March.

Reaction Score
We all agree we need to win in March, but winning 2 games as a 7 seed is not the same as winning 2 games as a 3 or 4 seed. We need to be a high seed and win games. Which would mean that we had a very successful regular season and can win games in March.
I Completely hear you. My main point is we will, in most instances be the better seed in the first round, and we have yet to get out of the first round under Hurley. Baby steps here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Media is sleeping on us this year
Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Reaction Score

Yes, yes, I know it’s too early to project next season’s tournament, but I view this as no different than looking at a preseason top 25. Lunardi projects us as a 7 seed, after having us as a 10 seed in April. I see that as totally reasonable. We should be a safe bet for the tournament, and a borderline top 25 team, no matter what. If our young guys - specifically Hawkins and Johnson - develop better than other teams’ young players, we’ll look more like a Sweet 16 team.
I couldnt care less what the media thinks we are. At the end of the day everything is decided when we lace them up. I feel good about our team and i leave it at that. 2011 proved this and 2014 solidified it. When the season starts i always assume we have a real shot to cut the nets down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom