2023/24 Schedule | The Boneyard

2023/24 Schedule

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 3.05.35 PM.png

Reaction Score
As an XL ticket holder I will say that St Johns on a Saturday night two days before Christmas should be an absolute madhouse and i will take Marquette in the first battle to see who will sit atop the conference. XL should be rocking for both games.

Selfishly would have liked to swap Butler or Xavier out for Creighton or Nova but what can you do. Have to divide the schedule up somehow.

Reaction Score
As an XL ticket holder I will say that St Johns on a Saturday night two days before Christmas should be an absolute madhouse and i will take Marquette in the first battle to see who will sit atop the conference. XL should be rocking for both games.

Selfishly would have liked to swap Butler or Xavier out for Creighton or Nova but what can you do. Have to divide the schedule up somehow.
I think we got it pretty much perfect this time.

XL gets Pitino, Marquette, and Xavier as their big 3 games. Plus Georgetown which always has some juice for the older fans (and maybe younger fans post-Cooley hatred?)

Gampel has Creighton, Nova, and Providence as their big 3. That's a great split.

Reaction Score
This is well balanced and nicely done by FOX and UConn.

XL and Gampel both get a nightime game against a big opponent

Not too many Gampel games during winter break

Both venues get a good slate of opponents

UConn gets maximum exposure on FOX

My only quibble is UConn having two tough games on the road to finish the season making it back to back years UConn doesn't have Senior Day as the last game (and the OOC home slate as has been discussed ad nauseum), but this is really good overall.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

100%. That Johnnies game is going to be nuts. No one’s working. BE home opener. Weekend night. Pitino back in town. Holiday cheer in the air and in my beer can. Cooleys coming in to Hartford for a Sunday afternoon massacre as well. First time in 10 years Nova comes to Storrs. I like that 4/5 weekend BE games are at XL - means more students at the weeknight BE games, which are going to be against awesome opponents too. This might be the toughest schedule in the country, right?

Reaction Score
100%. That Johnnies game is going to be nuts. No one’s working. BE home opener. Weekend night. Pitino back in town. Holiday cheer in the air and in my beer can. Cooleys coming in to Hartford for a Sunday afternoon massacre as well. First time in 10 years Nova comes to Storrs. I like that 4/5 weekend BE games are at XL - means more students at the weeknight BE games, which are going to be against awesome opponents too. This might be the toughest schedule in the country, right?
I don't think there is a close 2nd to us. @ Kansas, IU, Texas (most likely), @ Gonzaga, UNC and then the Big East.

Reaction Score
We have a killer team but it wouldn’t surprise me to see us rack up 10 losses between that schedule and the BET.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Ohh…will be in CT for Christmas. That Johnnies game is incredibly enticing.

See everyone in Philly again on 1/20…

Reaction Score
Not perfect but pretty good. St John's at XL on a Friday night 2 days before Christmas and Nova at Gampel on a Saturday night while students are on campus stick out as really good ideas. Conference opener for the defending national champion being on CBSSN is sort of shocking.

Reaction Score
"Four games are planned for FOX PRIMETIME HOOPS on Saturday nights throughout the season: St. John’s at Connecticut on Dec. 23, UConn at Villanova on Jan. 20 (pending FOX’s NFL playoff schedule), and Villanova at UConn on Feb. 24."

I see a pattern

The 4th is on the last game day, could be us vs Providence also

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don't think there is a close 2nd to us. @ Kansas, IU, Texas (most likely), @ Gonzaga, UNC and then the Big East.
Some who stand out

Arizona: @ Duke, Mich St (N), v Wisconsin, Purdue (N), Alabama (N), Florida Atlantic (N)
Michigan State: Duke, Arizona and Baylor all neutral sites
Duke: vs Arizona, @ Arkansas, Michigan State (N), Baylor (N)

UConn's NC SOS on Torvik is 151

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
(UConn's schedule is very good btw just posting some stuff)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Some who stand out

Arizona: @ Duke, Mich St (N), v Wisconsin, Purdue (N), Alabama (N), Florida Atlantic (N)
Michigan State: Duke, Arizona and Baylor all neutral sites
Duke: vs Arizona, @ Arkansas, Michigan State (N), Baylor (N)

UConn's NC SOS on Torvik is 151
Because six of our eleven games are against a really poor level of competition.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan in the Midwest, it's getting annoying how none of their visits to Marquette or DePaul seem to ever fall on a weekend. My 3 closest Big East venues are Marquette, DePaul, and Creighton and they're all weekdays. At least Creighton was a weekend last year, but couldn't fit it in my schedule. Shouldn't the more regional games that require less travel be the weekday games? :)

Thankfully Marquette is only an hour away for a weeknight.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan in the Midwest, it's getting annoying how none of their visits to Marquette or DePaul seem to ever fall on a weekend. My 3 closest Big East venues are Marquette, DePaul, and Creighton and they're all weekdays. At least Creighton was a weekend last year, but couldn't fit it in my schedule. Shouldn't the more regional games that require less travel be the weekday games? :)

Thankfully Marquette is only an hour away for a weeknight.

Same for me, but my closest 4 are Butler, DePaul, Marquette, and Xavier. All are 2+ hours from me. I am going to the butler game on Jan 5th this year though.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
DePaul staff getting creative with their schedule announcements. The Creighton entries are spot on.

Are they though? Omaha Nebraska is a city with almost a half million people, compared to the cow town of Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom