2022 UConn Football Commit - Zion Turner (Miami Florida) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Zion Turner (Miami Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When he decides to take off it happens really, really quickly. Would be nice if he doesn't have to do it too often but it's there for sure. It's hard to know if he jumps into the mix right away because the speed adjustment presents some risks to true freshmen QB's. Would prefer a year of practice but if he catches on quickly to the system the skills are there. Might need a little more strength to add zip on his passes but that should come. I remember Pindell at QB camps and it seemed to benefit him a bunch. He can totally make lemonade out of lemons on the pitch.
Some of most successful offenses outside of Orlovsky, were with Lorenzen, McCummings (relatively speaking at the time) and Pindell. And it was all because they were mobile QB's. It forces defenses to account for another runner usually freeing up someone in coverage or creating some space for running.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Some of most successful offenses outside of Orlovsky, were with Lorenzen, McCummings (relatively speaking at the time) and Pindell. And it was all because they were mobile QB's. It forces defenses to account for another runner usually freeing up someone in coverage or creating some space for running.
How you gonna do Bryant Sheriffs dirty like that?

Reaction Score
"In Florida, quarterbacks in the offseason participate in seven-on-seven tournaments looking to perfect their craft. The training has elevated the level play, and Florida has produced high stat producers on the collegiate level in the last 10 years. Since 2011 the likes of Teddy Bridgewater from 2011 to 2013 at Louisville, Geno Smith from 2011 and 2012 at West Virginia, and Rakeem Cato at Marshall from 2011 to 2014 and Lamar Jackson from 2015 to 2017 have all dazzled on the college level representing South Florida."

"As a Passer
The dual-threat quarterback has developed into an efficient thrower of the football. Turner can throw it long, hitting his receivers in stride and add touch on the ball when needed on short and intermediate throws. Over the years he has limited the “bad throw” and makes the “smart throw” more often than not. Turner will go into his third year as a starter at the premier private school in South Florida, looking to win his third straight state title as a starter."

Reaction Score
We had a successful offense with Scott McCummings?

Reaction Score
How you gonna do Bryant Sheriffs dirty like that?
Was he considered a mobile QB like the three I mentioned? I think he was more of a passer that occasionally ran. But the last 6 or 7 years are being erased from my memory by Mora fairly quickly.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My first reaction is "Are you freakin' kidding me?"
My first reaction was “Zion? If the war was over tomorrow, Zion is where the party would be.”

It kind of fits.

CL82

Reaction Score
Sick accuracy, live arm. Night and day better than anything we’ve seen.
Man, he has a canon, is absolutely fearless about contact, and yet is smart enough to take a lot off the ball to make his option passes catchable. Granted he’s playing against highschoolers, but he looks better than any quarterback we’ve had in years. No disrespect to our guys.

CL82

Reaction Score
Possibly the first Alan Greenspan quote in BY history.
Nope. It is often vaguely impressive to see the references that are made on this board.

Reaction Score
Was he considered a mobile QB like the three I mentioned? I think he was more of a passer that occasionally ran. But the last 6 or 7 years are being erased from my memory by Mora fairly quickly.
I’d say Bryant was more of a mobile Qb than McCummings was. McCummings was a RB playing Qb.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nope. It is often vaguely impressive to see the references that are made on this board.
True, but I’m not sure Greenspan has been quoted except maybe on the Cesspool of blessed memory.

Reaction Score

-> Turner, who is the only St. Thomas Aquinas quarterback to win three consecutive state titles as a starter, revealed his decision after receiving an offer from the Huskies in early December. Ranked a three-star prospect by 247sports, Turner chose UConn over Arkansas, Coastal Carolina, Temple, FIU and Jacksonville State.

After entering his senior season unsure if he would be able to play due to a torn meniscus that need surgery, Turner managed to start every game for the Raiders, completing 68 percent of his passes for 2,103 yards and 25 touchdowns. Turner, a Sun Sentinel All-County first-team honoree, also racked up 382 yards on the ground and scored 12 touchdowns. <-

Reaction Score
Yes, pretty sure he was a fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc