Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s College Park Regional (6/3> 6/6). Winner Take All - Monday 6/6 @7p v. Maryland on ESPNU. Audio Mixlr/97-9 ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will say right now that I doubt I will be posting much to these threads during the Super Regional next weekend. My wife and I will be attending the Connecticut Sea Music Festival which runs from Friday night to Sunday early evening. The Sea Music Festival used to be at Mystic Seaport, but it is now being held in Essex for the first time. We went to this festival for the first time in 1991, and we have been to this festival every year that it has been held since 1996 (it wasn’t held the last couple years due to the pandemic).

I have said in other threads that this festival is pretty much the highlight of our summer, even if does happen before the summer solstice. The Sea Music Festival has pretty much always been in the second weekend of June. Obviously, we had the UConn baseball Super Regional/Sea Music Festival conflict back in 2011, and I knew with UConn baseball making the NCAA Tournament pretty regularly over the last decade that sooner or later this conflict would happen again and again sooner or later. Well now it has happened. We will be following the UConn games next weekend at the festival on our phones, but I have to say that I will certainly miss listening to Chris Jones and posting here next weekend.

Reaction Score
I will say right now that I doubt I will be posting much to these threads during the Super Regional next weekend. My wife and I will be attending the Connecticut Sea Music Festival which runs from Friday night to Sunday early evening. The Sea Music festival used to be at Mystic Seaport, but it is now being held in Essex for the first time. We went to this festival for the first time in 1991, and we have been to this festival every year that it has been held since 1996 (it wasn’t held the last couple years due to the pandemic).

I have said in other threads that this festival is pretty much the highlight of our summer, even if does happen before the summer solstice. The Sea Music Festival has pretty much always been in the second weekend of June. Obviously, we had the UConn baseball/Sea Music Festival conflict back in 2011, and I knew with UConn baseball making the NCAA Tournament pretty regularly over the last decade that sooner or later this conflict would happen again and again sooner or later. Well now it has happened. We will be following the UConn games next weekend at the festival on our phones, but I have to say that I will certainly miss listening to Chris Jones and posting here next weekend.
And we will miss you

Reaction Score
I will say right now that I doubt I will be posting much to these threads during the Super Regional next weekend. My wife and I will be attending the Connecticut Sea Music Festival which runs from Friday night to Sunday early evening. The Sea Music festival used to be at Mystic Seaport, but it is now being held in Essex for the first time. We went to this festival for the first time in 1991, and we have been to this festival every year that it has been held since 1996 (it wasn’t held the last couple years due to the pandemic).

I have said in other threads that this festival is pretty much the highlight of our summer, even if does happen before the summer solstice. The Sea Music Festival has pretty much always been in the second weekend of June. Obviously, we had the UConn baseball Super Regional/Sea Music Festival conflict back in 2011, and I knew with UConn baseball making the NCAA Tournament pretty regularly over the last decade that sooner or later this conflict would happen again and again sooner or later. Well now it has happened. We will be following the UConn games next weekend at the festival on our phones, but I have to say that I will certainly miss listening to Chris Jones and posting here next weekend.
I’ll put in a request for UConn to be slotted for the Saturday, Sunday, Monday Super Regional.;)

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So, our supposedly bad schedule, where we won every series until the last one which meant nothing, where we won just about more road games than anyone else, prepared us well for winning a regional in front of a rabid fanbase. And if we didn't win the Big East tournament, we would have been sitting home. These committees and this Northeast bias sucks.

Reaction Score
I’ll put in a request for UConn to be slotted for the Saturday, Sunday, Monday Super Regional.

That would be great if it happened. Oddly enough, I recall in 2011 the Sunday game was at night, so we were able to watch it after getting home from the Festival.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
With the number of pitches Willis and Peterson threw this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both held out until Saturday. Cooke gave us 3 strong innings before getting a bit lucky in the 4th. I also thought the pen looked good yesterday. We'll need Pat to pitch a day early I would think, and hopefully trust some of the guys behind them. I'm more concerned with the defense than the pitching right now.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's true that were going to travel to either Texas St or Stanford and no chance at hosting. I think I would rather play Stanford. The lure of a big time National Program. I think we would have more of a chip on our shoulder where as if we played Texas St they would have that same fire. Also watching these games out at Stanford, the crowds are so laid back and almost seemed bored whereas the Texas St crowd would probably be much like Maryland's. Also, game times would probably be late in the day which gives you time to get all family things done with no overlap.

Reaction Score
With the number of pitches Willis and Peterson threw this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both held out until Saturday. Cooke gave us 3 strong innings before getting a bit lucky in the 4th. I also thought the pen looked good yesterday. We'll need Pat to pitch a day early I would think, and hopefully trust some of the guys behind them. I'm more concerned with the defense than the pitching right now.
Almost think at this point you have to consider moving Dana to DH and putting Morton in left. It has to be a mental thing for Dana right now. I thought he was terrific all season out there, not sure what happened this weekend.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Almost think at this point you have to consider moving Dana to DH and putting Morton in left. It has to be a mental thing for Dana right now. I thought he was terrific all season out there, not sure what happened this weekend.
Since Stock started in center and then moved to left, who do you move to RF?

Reaction Score
Is it possible Dana’s fielding miscues were due to the lights in MD? I don’t remember if he had issues during the day against Wake.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Stanford and TSU tied at 1 going into the 6th. TSU's closer is starting and pitching a gem.

Reaction Score
Honestly, if it's true that were going to travel to either Texas St or Stanford and no chance at hosting. I think I would rather play Stanford. The lure of a big time National Program. I think we would have more of a chip on our shoulder where as if we played Texas St they would have that same fire. Also watching these games out at Stanford, the crowds are so laid back and almost seemed bored whereas the Texas St crowd would probably be much like Maryland's. Also, game times would probably be late in the day which gives you time to get all family things done with no overlap.
Sheesh I don’t know. Are you watching the game right now? That place is loud. And Stanford is #2 overall for a reason.

Reaction Score
High temperatures in San Marcos Texas this weekend…Friday -105, Saturday - 106, Sunday - 104.
For everyone who is worried about the kids the games should not be played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom